• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks is big news on the trade boards everywhere.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think we're posed for a trade.

We are taking up half the space on the trade boards at realgm and we're mentioned foundly on other trade boards. The funny thing is that most of the talk is not about Jamal Crawford.

Do you think that deep down, people believe that we want to keep Jamal?

Marvin has gotten some talk and even JJ.

Right now, other fans see our team as willing to give up. BUT.. We're 34-31. We have a better record than Denver, NO and PTL. We're only a few games off of being one of the best records in the association. Well, maybe not that close, but we're not bad.

But news keeps coming. especially out of Utah. Deron is not staying. It's evident. Would we get into the Deron Sweepstakes??

We are taking up half the space on the trade boards at realgm and we're mentioned foundly on other trade boards. The funny thing is that most of the talk is not about Jamal Crawford.

Right now, other fans see our team as willing to give up. BUT.. We're 34-31. We have a better record than Denver, NO and PTL. We're only a few games off of being one of the best records in the association. Well, maybe not that close, but we're not bad.

But news keeps coming. especially out of Utah. Deron is not staying. It's evident. Would we get into the Deron Sweepstakes??

[/quote

Yep, it's that time of the year...

... I'll just say one thing...

If it makes us better, I'm all for it!

If it's just a trade for the sake of doin' something... I say let's play hard, build on what we've got and hope for the best and then see if we can do something in the off-season.

That's just me...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yep, it's that time of the year...

... I'll just say one thing...

If it makes us better, I'm all for it!

If it's just a trade for the sake of doin' something... I say let's play hard, build on what we've got and hope for the best and then see if we can do something in the off-season.

That's just me...

Would you like a team that has:

Collins, Horf, Marvin, Joe, Deron as it's starters?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's 34- 21, but i feel yea. D-Will will be the answer we need. If we get him i wouldnt care about a center...not now.

Would Smoove, Craw, Mo, Teague, and a couple of 1st be enough for them to consider something like Deron and Okur? Salaries match up and it gives us:

Williams

Johnson

Williams

Horford

Okur

and gives them.....

????

Crawford

Smith

Millsap

Jefferson

Move AK47 for another PG or use him off the bench this season and clear salary space

Heavens to the yeah.

I'd go for:

Jefferson, Al, Josh,Marvin, Deron (Play zone defense with Marvin at the top).

Or Jefferson, Al, Josh, Jamal, Deron with Bibs, Marvin and Zaza off the bench.

• Moderators

I would get into the Deron sweepstakes for sure. But what would it take. I can't see Utah wanting Smoove. I don't see them wanting to pay Joe (not that we would trade him). I'm sure they would love Al but we can't trade him I don't think. Or would we? Anyone else is a no brainer. I mean trade the whole damn rest of the team for him.

• Premium Member

That's 34- 21, but i feel yea. D-Will will be the answer we need. If we get him i wouldnt care about a center...not now.

I don't know if he's the answer. He will definitely cost us a core player like Smoove. However, the question then is does he solve most of our problems? The second question is can we solve most of our problems cheaperly? I made that word up.

As a longtime fan and realist, I realize that we cannot expect to get major talent without giving up "good" players. I just think we have to consider carefully what we are doing.

Honestly, I would like a trade of Craw2/Mo for Sessions much more than Smoove/Evans for Williams. Strangely enough, it has very little to do with Smoove. It's just that I don't know if we're so far out that it takes an allstar PG to save us.

When the Melo trade go down.. and if it's to NY.. and if they get Billups but gives up Felton...

I want to know if Denver would be willing to trade either Felton or Lawson...and i want to know if NY is willing to part with Douglas.

• Premium Member

Hell yeah, plus i think j.smith and crawford with a 1st roung pick will do it. If not, what do you all think of jerry sloan as the hawks coach next season?

• Premium Member

According to NBA sources, the latest version of the trade would see New York send Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick to Denver for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and either Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211180/Nuggets_Knicks_Working_Towards_Deal;_Stern_Didnt_Want_Announcement_On_Sunday#ixzz1EbYX6342

I think this deal goes down.

If so, Sund should contact Denver about either Felton or Lawson. Odds are that Felton will be tradable.

tHIS IS my attempt at an Atlanta/Denver/NY three way

Heavens to the yeah.

I'd go for:

Jefferson, Al, Josh,Marvin, Deron (Play zone defense with Marvin at the top).

Or Jefferson, Al, Josh, Jamal, Deron with Bibs, Marvin and Zaza off the bench.

Jefferson???

Nobody said Jefferson?

I would get into the Deron sweepstakes for sure. But what would it take. I can't see Utah wanting Smoove. I don't see them wanting to pay Joe (not that we would trade him). I'm sure they would love Al but we can't trade him I don't think. Or would we? Anyone else is a no brainer. I mean trade the whole damn rest of the team for him.

Why wouldn't they want Smoove?

AK47 is on the way out. Hell, they could easily trade his large ending for something. Smoove is defensive and Corbin is a no nonsense guy that could reach him.

those posters are delusional, just like some of the guys on here who mention crazy trades that will never ever happen lol.. If anything we may make a move for a PG, but I doubt we do anything else major, there are no superstar C's available , that I would bother trading part of our core for.

• Premium Member

those posters are delusional, just like some of the guys on here who mention crazy trades that will never ever happen lol.. If anything we may make a move for a PG, but I doubt we do anything else major, there are no superstar C's available , that I would bother trading part of our core for.

I think Nene will soon be available. He's not Dwight Howard but he is somebody to consider. I also like to look deeply at the Denver situation after this trade. I believe the trade goes down today. I think Denver will have both Felton and Lawson. I would try to get either of those guys here. Probably Felton so that Denver will have more players and cash to go after Free agents.

Felton and Joe will be a very good Backcourt.

This trade its my personal pipe dream.

3 way deal

I think it would satisfy all three teams. ATL gets there PG and a younger, prolific bench scorer to replace Craw. ATL also gets to keep Al, Joe, Smoove, and Marv. DEN gets 5 expiring contracts and 3 first round picks (1 from ATL 2 from NYK) along with Gallo who they cover. NYK gets Melo, Billups and salary fillers.

ATL

PG Raymond Felton

SG Joe Johnson

SF Marvin Williams

PF Josh Smith

C Al Horford

J.R. Smith

Mike Bibby

Zaza

Wilkins

Collins

I think Nene will soon be available. He's not Dwight Howard but he is somebody to consider. I also like to look deeply at the Denver situation after this trade. I believe the trade goes down today. I think Denver will have both Felton and Lawson. I would try to get either of those guys here. Probably Felton so that Denver will have more players and cash to go after Free agents.

Felton and Joe will be a very good Backcourt.

Nene is available but per Chris Sheridan and ESPN Houston leads the pack in getting him if Denver blows up their whole team moving Melo. He would be a perfect fit for us but Houston is willing to give up a lot to get him. Are we?

Edited by Buzzard

...if Denver blows up their whole team moving Melo....

I think that part of your post is the key Buzzard. I really don't think the Nuggets are a "blow it totally up and rebuild" type franchise. I lived out in Denver for half a dozen years and they have a pretty solid franchise with a pretty solid fan base.

My guess is that they are grudgingly willing to move Melo, but want to get the most for that asset they can so they can stay competitve.