• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What has Horf really done?

Diesel

If we could get a very good PG and a C that's better than Collins for Horf, would you do it?

Say we could use Horf and Filler to get Nene and Felton.

or

Horf and Fliller to get us Gasol and Mayo...

or

Horf/Filler for McGee and Hinrich.

I wouldn't trade Horford for Nene and Felton, because there's no telling how much more years of great play Nene has left. I'm also not that impressed by Felton, and I always get concerned about players who play under D'Antoni.

Last year, I would have been all over your second trade. However, both players are having a down year which makes me iffy. They are both young and could still improve, but you know how the saying goes "A bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in a bush."

Your third trade I couldn't do. McGee is a big I see really being 10/10 with 2-3 bpg. Hinrich isn't the player he used to be though or maybe he is and needs the right situation. They would have to include a future 1st round pick.

If we could get a very good PG and a C that's better than Collins for Horf, would you do it?

or

or

Good point D. Nobody should be totally off-limits on this team trade-wise.

Thing is, I want to see AL playing with a quality PG and one less chucker. AL works his butt off on defense and rebounding only to see our chuckers p!ss away leads when we are in the bonus.

Deron and AL on the same team would be awesome (IMO)...problem is...you gotta trade away AL to get Deron.

Edited by DJlaysitup

If Hawks fans would abondon the "core" thinking, the options would increase. When I narrow my core, the last man standing is Horf. Doesn't mean he's untouchable; just the last one I'd touch. Horf and a decent C means a top frontline. My decending touchable list:

Horf

Smoove

MW

JJ (don't like the contract, wanted S&T)

JT

JC2

Bibby

JC

Zaza

Mo

Won't bother to list the rest

to me, the perfect line up would include Al at PF. He is good as a C but only on a "contender" like us, but for a championship team he is a PF. Look at LA, or Duncan, both would be centers for any team,but they play PF and a lesser talent plays C. This allows them to dominate other PF's, stay out of foul trouble yet still switch to C if needed.

Give me this lineup:

Felton

JJ

Smoove or Williams

Horford

Nene

or any of these centers:

Jordan

Gortat

McGee

Lopez

Hibbert

I meant Pau Gasol, not LA, even tho Aldrige would be a center for us using some of yals logic

• Premium Member

I see a lot of squawkers who suggest that Horf is untouchable.

MY QUESTION is why? What makes Horf untouchable? What has he done?

My statement: "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!"

This is my description of Both of Horf's allstar appearances.

Negating those, Horf is a 16/10 C who plays 35 mpg.

Smoove is a 17/9 PF who plays about the same mpg and we'd trade him much easier.

I understand we need a C. However, does our need for a C make Horf unmovable? Or is there something on the court that elevates him to that level.

Because when we had Deke, he was 11/14 C and we had fans that couldn't wait to trade him.

The answer to your question is "It's not what he's done, but what he doesn't do". Boss doesn't turn it over nearly as much as Smoove. Boss doesn't complain and pout like Smoove does. Boss doesn't try to be the PG/SG/SF like Smoove does. Unlike Smoove, Boss plays serious D all game long. Unlike Smoove, Boss can play C and looks to crash the boards.

• Premium Member

or

or

1. NO WAY. But if it was Smoove, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2. Yes, probably. Marc is a nice center, he could eventually be just a slight downgrade from Horford.

3. YOU KIDDING ME, RIGHT? Smoove is better than these two combined, never mind Horf.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

one senerio i would keep josh over horf would be if it would be able to somehow get us dwight howard either as a free agent or in a trade before he hits free agency, like the melo situation.

i have no idea how it could be worked out money or trade wise, but for some reason i'm dreaming of

dwight - c

smoove - pf

battier or tayshaun prince - sf

jj - sg

hinrich or harris - pg

batt, prince, hinrich and harris are all names of players out there available for trades. trade for dwight next season (if there is a next season), or clear cap room to try to sign him in facy.

pipe dream, just don't wake me too fast.

• Premium Member

Horford's FG% is in the top 5 and eclipses Smoove's. In terms of reliability, it's not even close. We SHOULD be running the offense through him and JJ as our 1-2. TBH, we should force Smoove to give up the ball. His shot selection and timing are killing us. He's not a scorer. Horford may or may not be a scorer, but he's much closer than Smoove is at this point and we should go to him. His shot is more accurate and his shot selection and decision making is light years beyond Smoove.

In terms of maturity, it's not even debatable. Horford is a leader and a winner. He brought the championship attitude with him and he's the kind of player that is not going to be satisfied until he gets to the top. Although every player wants to win, Smoove has no idea what that is. He's never tasted it. He also doesn't understand his role in getting there. We are not going to win with him playing the way he is now. He can put up all the 20+ point games that he wants, but it's not his scoring (and *shudder* shot selection) that we need. Truth be told, if Josh Smith went to a contender such as Boston or San Antonio, he would put them over the top with the kind of game we want him to play.

I don't want this to sound like a anti-Smoove post - hell, look at the graphic in my signature. There's a reason why I put Smoove in there. In all honesty, what would work best is keeping both guys and bringing in another true scoring option (and taking the ball from Smoove). As it were, I don't think we're going to be able to take the next step without moving one of the two. It's a tough decision, but such is the nature of sports.

• Like 1

I see a lot of squawkers who suggest that Horf is untouchable.

MY QUESTION is why? What makes Horf untouchable? What has he done?

My statement: "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!"

This is my description of Both of Horf's allstar appearances.

Negating those, Horf is a 16/10 C who plays 35 mpg.

Smoove is a 17/9 PF who plays about the same mpg and we'd trade him much easier.

I understand we need a C. However, does our need for a C make Horf unmovable? Or is there something on the court that elevates him to that level.

Because when we had Deke, he was 11/14 C and we had fans that couldn't wait to trade him.

Not only is he the best player the Hawks have drafted since JASON TERRY, but he is a team player. Josh Smith is great and all but he has personality problems which is why many fans and coaches and possibly players dislike him. Everything I've seen and heard regarding Horf is he is the ultimate team player. He is coachable and works well with his peers. He has gotten better every year and has passion to win. You can't find all those things in a player. He is so underrated that if he was on the Knicks or Heat he would be as popular as D Wade. He is a truly gifted player that has been playing out of position since we drafted him. Imagine what he could do at his natural position...