• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ramon Sessions a sure starter if the Hawks do get him?

JTB

----I know many are sick of the Session threads so hopefully this is my last one.I found this article humorous as the writer believes that the Hawks will actually bench or should I say use Ramon Sessions as a situational pg but to me that makes no sense at all! why trade for the guy!

from bleacher report:

link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/614198-nba-trade-rumors-would-ramon-sessions-bolster-atlanta-hawks-title-hopes

Sessions probably isn't going to change that. It's not like he's going to start for the team.

Instead, the guard would simply become a role player and a viable backup for Atlanta. He would help the Hawks close the gap between themselves and the rest of the East's top teams, but he wouldn't be able to close it completely.

---Then according to peachtree hoops the hawks can actually acquire sessions and not go over the lux tax which i thought was impossible! but i guess anything is possible in the NBA world! Here's what they could do.......

link:http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2011/2/16/1997909/trade-rumors-are-the-hawks-taking-a-look-at-ramon-sessions

According to the ESPN.com trade machine a deal of Mo Evans and Jeff Teague for Ramon Sessions works and by my math still would keep the Hawks under the luxury tax. Neither CBSSportsline report above mentioned any players from the Hawks so any names I mention are just speculation. It is also fair to point out that the only named source was rival execs so handle rumors like this accordingly.

----I know many are sick of the Session threads so hopefully this is my last one.I found this article humorous as the writer believes that the Hawks will actually bench or should I say use Ramon Sessions as a situational pg but to me that makes no sense at all! why trade for the guy!

B/c he is much better then Teague and all though he is only 24, he can contribute immediately. Everyone needs a quality backup PG.........especially when your starter is the 32 year old version of Mike Bibby ?

Why not make the trade ? Its not like we are giving up much with Teague and Evans.

Edited by coachx

B/c he is much better then Teague and all though he is only 24, he can contribute immediately. Everyone needs a quality backup PG.........especially when your starter is the 32 year old version of Mike Bibby ?

Why not make the trade ? Its not like we are giving up much with Teague and Evans.

I agree coach. If Teague is not good enough to get in 20 minutes a game for two different head coaches we should move him. The sticking point may be that the Cavs want our 1st round pick. Current rumor is all we want to send is a 2nd.

I agree coach. If Teague is not good enough to get in 20 minutes a game for two different head coaches we should move him. The sticking point may be that the Cavs want our 1st round pick. Current rumor is all we want to send is a 2nd.

Why is this damn 1rst round pick so valuable for us?????????? Give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed, we suck at drafting and a sure fire player isn't going to fall in our lap in the 20's like Horf did at 3. This aint the NFL, there aren't many draft picks that could help contenders unless you are willing to take a chance on players like DeJaun Blair or project centers. We clearly won't do either so lets trade our picks until we actually become a lottery team again

The Hawks are reportedly offering veteran Maurice Evans' expiring deal and project second year guard Jeff Teague to the Cavs. Sessions is averaging 12.3 points and 5.3 assists this season, while registering 21 starts. His presence would bolster Atlanta's backcourt depth.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18856&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1EiyikmlK

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Hawks considering trading guard Jeff Teague and swingman Maurice Evans to Cleveland for guards Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris, source said.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Is manny harris any good lol?

He's not.

Trading Teague sucks but Atlanta had to do something since teammates quit believing in Teague. This should get the fans off ASG back till they realize Sessions isn't good. I hate this deal a lot but I am no longer watching Hawks games this year. I will watch others and wait till the playoffs and see how many games they last till their out in the 1st round.

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Hawks considering trading guard Jeff Teague and swingman Maurice Evans to Cleveland for guards Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris, source said.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Is manny harris any good lol?

Sessions is better than Teague.

Harris is cheaper than Evans. They're both pretty worthless.

Sign me up! Just don't see why Cleveland does this. One has to think getting 4 million off the books can bring back SOME value when Sessions is one of the guys.

ESPN NBA Trade Machine has us at +11 after the trade. That's a pretty good sign that we're fleecing them.

Edited by ryandauwalker

Sessions is garbage. He could not even start in Minny when there was no pressure. Every team he has ever played on was a loser. He is a loser and will be a waste of time and he cost too much. We are adding another Zaza. A guy that Sunds dumb arse thinks he is getting a bargain for that will prove that assumption wrong. Zaza and Sessions will be making almost $9 million next year, wanna know how much Harris makes? $9 million. That's how you F up your cap "DumbSundofaGM".

• Like 1

okay @nbasuperstar40 and @ryandauwalker I had never heard of him until today lol, I would like Jamario Moon instead

Nope, Moon is boneheaded and we got too many of those with Jordan, Smoove, and Jamal. Harris will be like Powell. You probably will never see him enter a game after he's proves to be non effective.

who else could we get though? Parker maybe but he's kinda old, I would have loved Varajeo(spelling) if he was healthy..

Harris is only in the deal to stay under the cap. Powe would be ideal but Atl is not trying to go over the LT. Since both deals exp in 2012 and they don't plan on keeping Jamal. They should just have to package Smoove/Zaza in the offseason, find someone to take Marvin and they should be good for a maxcat in 2012 FA.

Ramon Session is only a sure starter in the D-League Teague is better. Teague will prove it tonight to put this Sessions mess to rest. Teague gets 15 and 7 in 25 minutes tonight and makes everyone look like a fool that's thinking about Zaza's little brother Sessions.