• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Point guard search includes Devin Harris

5ATL15

Why does Avery hate Devin as a pg? He never liked him in Dallas, so I knew he wouldnt be in Jersey for long. Wonder what it is that Avery doesnt like about him? I've never been a HUGE fan of Harris, but I'd definitely take him over what we're throwing out there. All day, everyday. Btw, I think it's going to be Sessions or Brooks coming here. If anybody at all.

Edited by terrell

Why does Avery hate Devin as a pg? He never liked him in Dallas, so I knew he wouldnt be in Jersey for long. Wonder what it is that Avery doesnt like about him? I've never been a huge fan of Harris. But I'd definetely take him over what we're throwing out there. Btw, I think it's going to be Sessions or Brooks coming here. If anybody at all.

Yeah...That wouldn't be surprising. I still have hope though !

Besides Harris the other big NJ rumor is they want to move Murphy. Portland has looked at Pryz and Miller for Murphy and Harris, but the contracts are over 6 million off. Murphy is also rumored to be a buyout candidate and Orlando is wanting him bad to shore up the hole left by Gortat. Murphy and Harris would be ideal for us. A expiring big man and a PG but how in the world do we make that happen?

Here is the article on Murphy, interesting read.

http://howardthedunk.com/2011/02/22/an-update-on-the-rumors-troy-murphy-looking-more-likely/

Why does Avery hate Devin as a pg? He never liked him in Dallas, so I knew he wouldnt be in Jersey for long. Wonder what it is that Avery doesnt like about him? I've never been a HUGE fan of Harris, but I'd definitely take him over what we're throwing out there. All day, everyday. Btw, I think it's going to be Sessions or Brooks coming here. If anybody at all.

Avery has this annoying habit where he likes to call out every play as if he is still a PG on the court and not a coach. In Dallas he clashed with Devin because Devin naturally wanted to run when he saw a 3 on 1 fastbreak opportunity but Avery would tell him to slow down and run a play instead and if he didn't listen he was benched. When they traded him for Kidd he was trying to do the same with a 14 year vet who more than knew how to call his own plays. Suffice to say, all the vets on the team voted Avery off the island right afterwards.

Murphy's 10 times better center than Collins

I'm not sure where you're getting that he's a center, Murphy is a PF who likes to shoot 3's. He's a good rebounder and a decent scorer but his defense is awful and he doesn't like to play in the paint. We'd end up with 4 guys spotting up around the 3pt line with Al just inside of it.

Murphy would be awful at center defensively and spends far too much time shooting 3's for my taste. I'm all for a straight up Crawford for Harris deal but I probably wouldn't expand it beyond that.

Crawford and Harris will never work b/c it makes the ASG pay $10 mill in luxury tax next year while at the same time losing out on the profit sharing check. There should 0% faith in the ASG paying luxurty tax until they prove other wise.

I like Murphy if we must swallow that pill for Devin Harris and his 2 more seasons under contract. Murphy expiring contract and Crawfords expiring contract basically cancel each other out. That allows the Hawks a much better chance to stay under the tax next year. It might give the Nets the inside track on resigning Crawford if they so wish.

Murphy is an excellent rebounder at least. He is better then any big we currently have off the bench. His perimeter shooting should allow Smoove to play a little SF on occaison and Harris needs to be surrounded by shooters for his drive and kick game to word best.

Murphy would be awful at center defensively and spends far too much time shooting 3's for my taste. I'm all for a straight up Crawford for Harris deal but I probably wouldn't expand it beyond that.

Problem is other teams want Harris. We may need to expand it in order to get him. Murphy is not ever going to be confused with a all-star, but he is better than Collins and we only have to pay him that crazy money one season. Taking a shot at a all-star caliber PG is worth it to me. Murphy becomes our big Z Okur type wanna be and Harris becomes our all-star PG.

Edited by Buzzard

Murphy is a PF who likes to shoot 3's. He's a good rebounder and a decent scorer but his defense is awful and he doesn't like to play in the paint. We'd end up with 4 guys spotting up around the 3pt line with Al just inside of it.

That is what Smoove does at PF now. Right ?

We end up with 3 guys spotting up while Horford sets picks for Harris to drive to the hole and kick out to the rolling Horford or the open shooter if he doesn't have a makeable finish in the paint.

Its not like Murphy wil lbe starting anyway and Bibby can't drive by ANYONE.

Edited by coachx

That is what Smoove does at PF now. Right ?

We end up with 3 guys spotting up while Horford sets picks for Harris to drive to the hole and kick out to the rolling Horford or the open shooter if he doesn't have a makeable finish in the paint.

Its not like Murphy wil be starting any way and Bibby can't drive by ANYONE.

I like Murphy and don't have a problem trading for him if that's what it takes to get Harris, I'm simply pointing out that you cannot start him at center for us.

Actually scratch that I'm not willing to give up Bibby along with Crawford to be able to make that trade since we'd be back to having 1 PG who can contribute.

I like Murphy and don't have a problem trading for him if that's what it takes to get Harris, I'm simply pointing out that you cannot start him at center for us.

Actually scratch that I'm not willing to give up Bibby and Marvin along with Crawford to be able to make that trade since we'd be back to having 1 PG who can contribute and we'd lose a valuable bench player in Marvin.

The trade proposal was:

JC / Mo / Bibby / first

for

Harris / Murphy

I would not trade Marvin in the deal either but Marvin was not a part of it.

We are basically trading Bibby for Devin Harris in terms of next season.

Mo / Crawford for Murphy is a pill I could swallow for 27 games if gets us a Devin Harris for 2 additional seasons.

Edited by coachx

Actually scratch that I'm not willing to give up Bibby along with Crawford to be able to make that trade since we'd be back to having 1 PG who can contribute.

What about Petro? I know he isn't a very good player but he is long and can distrupt shots in the paint. Would not have to worry about him hanging out on the perimeter. Harris & Petro for JC1, Teague and future 1st?

The trade proposal was:

I would not trade Marvin in the deal either but Marvin was not a part of it.

We are basically trading Bibby for Devin Harris in terms of next season.

Mo / Crawford for Murphy is a pill I could swallow for 27 games if gets us a Devin Harris for 2 additional seasons and gets rid of Bibby.

Yes coach, I could do that also. Murphy would be useful off the bench, but getting Harris locked up for two seasons is why you trade Bibby and Crawford.