• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's team is this!?!?!?!

Wretch

Before we rake Joe over the coals too much and say he's nothing...

Joe had just about a triple double. Joe still draws a double team from most teams we play.

It's good to see Al step it up. It's good to see the rest of the guys pitch in. Hopefully, Smoove sees that his 3 pt shot is no longer necessary.

The question of whoose team is this..

It's obvious.

It's the defenses team. Since the trade, we have been holding folks like Joe Hawley.

I agree Diesel...When Joe's shot is not falling he still contributes in other areas, here's what Joe had to say regarding defending D-Rose and feeding Al Horford:

"When I noticed him taking the ball out," said Johnson, "I wanted to deny him, because I knew he'd throw it in and get a handoff. I just wanted to deny him the best I could and make Boozer throw a tough pass."

"When he shot that 3 in the corner," Johnson said, "I knew he was rolling. So I just wanted to make sure I got him the ball in the sweet spots."

Edited by jaybird

-220 and counting.

The higher his negative rep numbers, the bigger his smile. I think it would irritate him if we positive repped everything he posts. Ignore button :read:

• Premium Member

Before we rake Joe over the coals too much and say he's nothing...

Joe had just about a triple double. Joe still draws a double team from most teams we play.

It's good to see Al step it up. It's good to see the rest of the guys pitch in. Hopefully, Smoove sees that his 3 pt shot is no longer necessary.

The question of whoose team is this..

It's obvious.

It's the defenses team. Since the trade, we have been holding folks like Joe Hawley.

Defense is our identity. It has to be, because we can honestly say that we have hung our hat on that lately. I'm not taking anything away from JJ or Smoove, but neither of these guys is equipped to *LEAD* our team. Joe is too quiet and Smoove is not mature enough (or consistent enough). Honestly, I don't think Joe wants to be the leader. How many times has he said things about flying under the radar? Wasn't there a blurb during his free agency about going to a situation with an already established star? He wanted to prove himself coming out of Phoenix and he did that. Though, it is quite apparent that Joe just wants to get out there and play ball - not necessarily captain the ship.

In every aspect of his game and attitude, Al is simply built for leadership and if you look back...he's been doing it since he got here. I say give him the team and give him the ball.

• Premium Member

I don't know why it has to be "someones", team. Al was out of this world tonight. I don't see why that has too be a negative reflection of Smoove and Joe. Joe had 10 or so games like this during January. Smoove was lights out during February. Maybe it its Al's month to shine. I am glad he proved tonight that he can put this team on his back when Smoove or Joe is off/absent. This is a team sport and or big 3 has brought in. I don't see why it has to be one guy over the rest.

The Bulls were content with doubling Joe everytime he touched the ball and Al made them pay. That is how it is supposed to work. Great game by Al tonight. I was pumped. Joe played great defense on Rose in crunch time. Horford played great defense on Boozer in crunch time. Marvin played great defense on Deng in crunch time.....you get my drift. lol. AS GREAT AS AL WAS TONIGHT, THE MOST IMPRESSIVE FEAT TONIGHT WAS HOLDING THE BULLS TO A SEASON LOW 30PTS IN THE SECOND HALF. I THINK THAT DESERVED ALL CAPS. ATL IS PLAYING ELITE DEFENSE. NO MORE SWITCHING TO HIDE BIBBY.

This is probably the best post in this thread. JJ/Horf/Smoove have all had similar threads made about them after monster games. Like Greg Anthony said on NBATV last night we have '1 of 5' guys on this team. Shutting down one guy doesn't cripple us because there's someone else to pick up the slack. This team doesn't have a superstar with a cast of supporting players, and I like that. I like the newfound intensity on defense even more. It's that defense that will make us a serious contender in the Playoffs this season. I used to think the Deke/Smitty/Mookie days was the 'Golden Age' of defense for a Hawks team, but the defense of the current players from 1-5 is just insane.

Al's play last night basically magnifies my comments the past few weeks about the energy level that is needed from Al,Joe and Smoove for us to be a great team .

He shouldnt be playing this was just because Smoove was out he should be bring this type of energy every night because thats what the great ones do . Where was this type of energy level against the knicks a couple of weeks ago after Amare called him out ?

This is precisely what I was talking in regards to our big three but more importantly our bigs . The level of energy that we saw last night is infectious the key is can he bring it all the time . Im not talking about scoring 30 points per game Im talking about that all out effort on both ends . What we saw last night reminded me of what I see when I see OKC play and other teams that have under 25 stars . Im hoping AL can sustain this energy level and that it can get us started on a nice little homestand if it can we can climb right back into the race for a top 3 seed .