• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only 10 shots for Horford

Jackets333

Well, you need a true leader and PG to make sure the right guy gets the ball everynight. The Hawks don't have that. If you notice, a lot of the plays down the stretch were for Al, but they were drawn up by LD. We don't have a leader on the floor. Kirk looks like just another combo guard, just as many turnovers as assists. God willing, when we get a real PG you will see the difference, I think it is Teague but I could be wrong. One thing I know it is not Kirk.

al got bogus 2nd foul in 1st and then LD has the annoying habit of following Woody's annoying rule of "2 fouls means you are done for the half"

Larry Drew brought him back in the beginning of the second.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The guy dominates the game before and he only gets 10 shots the next game? Come on.

He HAS to touch the ball on every possession.

Completely agreed...

And interestingly enough, look at stats for the night. Still completely solid. Anyone got any spare clues lying around? Might need to mail one to these guys.........................

• Premium Member

We talked a bit about this on the AJC blog. Al looked a bit out of sorts last night. He didn't set up inside very often at all, and shied away from contact way more than usual on defense. He touched the ball in good position on several possessions but didn't look for his shot. He seemed content to box out, grab boards, set a few screens, and pop out to midrange. The early second foul only took away a few minutes of PT because LD put him in to start the second quarter, although the fact that the second foul was on such weak contact might have rattled him. Maybe he was a bit worn after giving 250% against Chi?

There have been plenty of games where Al not taking more shots was due mainly to the guards or LD. Last night did not strike me as one of them. In any case, you can't look at the box score and determine the cause of why a player took fewer shots.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

al got bogus 2nd foul in 1st and then LD has the annoying habit of following Woody's annoying rule of "2 fouls means you are done for the half"

There's a difference between LD and Woody in regard to 2 fouls.

With Woody, it's an automatic sit in the 2nd quarter.

With LD, I'm noticing that if the team is in need of the player to stay in the game or if the Hawks don't have a comfortable lead, then he will play them.