• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We must cut our losses, and trade Joe Johnson in the offseason.

MVP23

Our ceiling is the 2nd round. Maybe we put up a fight depending on we face, but I doubt it. This team with Joe Johnson as "our guy" making max money is going nowhere but the ground. At best, Joe is a 20 PPG 5 rebound per game guy. Keep that around, and we will be fighting the Bucks Pistons and Bobcats for the 8th seed in a few years. We didnt make a mistake resigning him. The mistake was giving him a Max contract. Its one thing if he was a player that showed up every night and selling out Phillips. Its another when nobody cares about him, half of the fanbase hates him and will plain not show up when his team needs him.We are handcuffed to a airplane that is about to crash into the middle of the ocean. The way I see it, we could pick up some picks and maybe some nice players from a team that thinks they're close. If not, unload him like Charlotte did Gerald Wallace. Get it done..................................Sund..

• Like 2

Our ceiling is the 2nd round. Maybe we put up a fight depending on we face, but I doubt it. This team with Joe Johnson as "our guy" making max money is going nowhere but the ground. At best, Joe is a 20 PPG 5 rebound per game guy. Keep that around, and we will be fighting the Bucks Pistons and Bobcats for the 8th seed in a few years. We didnt make a mistake resigning him. The mistake was giving him a Max contract. Its one thing if he was a player that showed up every night and selling out Phillips. Its another when nobody cares about him, half of the fanbase hates him and will plain not show up when his team needs him.We are handcuffed to a airplane that is about to crash into the middle of the ocean. The way I see it, we could pick up some picks and maybe some nice players from a team that thinks they're close. If not, unload him like Charlotte did Gerald Wallace. Get it done..................................Sund..

I'm pretty much in agreement. He did have a great month in January, but that's the only month so far when it looked like he was worth Max Money. I'd say send him to the Knicks. They don't seem to mind paying the big bucks and he would do pretty well with that team. I'd say I don't know what they were thinking, but I guess I do know what they were thinking since they kept saying because of the salary cap we couldn't sign anyone better (or in thier view, as good.) Not a very good reason to tie up $120m bucks, but then its not my money. (Until I buy a ticket, I suppse, which I'll do a number of times per year, w or wo JJ.)

Joe is going to finish out his years with the Hawks, just face it and move on. Joe and Horford are the cornerstones of this team, the more you realize that the better off you will be. And so what if the Hawks manage to get rid of Joe, will we be any better...NO! Just live with it and move on man, the Hawks didn't build themselves for a championship, they are happy with being mediocre.

Joe is going to finish out his years with the Hawks, just face it and move on.

The chances we actually pay Joe Johnson 25 Million dollars when he is 35/36 is ridiculously low.. by then when he is dropping 6 a night even ASG will realize he is a bum and cut losses..

He would be extremely hard to move, Joe is here to stay.

JJ could be moved man. Big expiring(s), picks and/or players. But it would have to be to a good team. Spurs, OKC, Memphis, Indy come quickly to mind. Any GM for that matter who thinks all they need is a SG/SF to make a near future run at the championship would kill to get JJ. He would not be their Batman, but he would be one hell of a 3rd or 4th piece Robin.

Edited by Buzzard

I obviously agree with the OP, and would add New Jersey as a possibility. They're desperate to add some other stars.

The key word was star. Joe Johnson is not a star. Google "black hole" or "the empty vaccum of space" for better understanding..

The chances we actually pay Joe Johnson 25 Million dollars when he is 35/36 is ridiculously low.. by then when he is dropping 6 a night even ASG will realize he is a bum and cut losses..

Then what are the chances some other team will do the same.....ridiculously low. Just accept and move on, it is what it is. The only 2 people smiling when Joe signed that contract were Joe and his agent.

Then what are the chances some other team will do the same.....ridiculously low. Just accept and move on, it is what it is. The only 2 people smiling when Joe signed that contract were Joe and his agent.

Actually his agent was playing us for idiots because he said Joe was trying to get Lebron. Joe probably wasn't even smiling. He was probably rolling on the floor laughing at how an organization could be so stupid..

Personally, I would be completely satisfied if we traded every player on our team except Horford. As a matter of fact, I would like new ownership, all new players, new coaching, and a revised logo to shed some of the old stigma of this team.

Personally, I would be completely satisfied if we traded every player on our team except Horford. As a matter of fact, I would like new ownership, all new players, new coaching, and a revised logo to shed some of the old stigma of this team.

I pretty much agree. Keep Nique and Bob though...

Every time I think of Joe's contract I picture this in my head.

06.jpg

Seriously the majority of Hawks fans wouldn't give a damn if they let Joe go last summer. The fans basically tried to boo him out of Atlanta in that Magic series anyway.

• Like 4