• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Would You Rather Meet In The First Round Of The Playoffs?

CODHAWKSFAN

Edit topic: Who would you rather meet in the first round of the playoffs?

The Hawks have about the same chance of catching the Magic for the #4 seed as they do to become the 6th seed (or remain 5th). In each of these scenarios, the Hawks will either play the Magic, Bulls, or Miami in the first round. Personally I don't think we would want to see the Magic or Miami. The Magic might blow us out again, I think our team fears D. Howard. Bron, Wade, and Bosh, will do their damnest to not be eliminated/humiliated in the first round, which leads me to Chicago. They are a very good team, and are a handfull defensively but I think that we would have a better chance against them, rather than the other two teams.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

• Moderators

I would pick Chicago first, Orlando second, and Miami last. That speaks to the level of confidence I have that we will not win our first round series (because if I thought we would win I would reverse that order).

I agree with AHF that I would prefer Chicago then Orlando then Miami UNLESS the Hawks can overtake (but, right now I am just hoping that the Hawks can stay ahead of the Knicks for the 5th spot!)the Majic and get the Home Court Advantage.

I think 5th is not where we want to be (we will have to play the magic). I actually hope that we either (I know this is bad) fall to 6th or at least get 4th.

My question is, does anyone really think we'll win our first round series? This year's version of the Hawks just doesn't look capable of putting together any sort of run against a good team.

That said, I think we do match up well against the Bulls, and to a lesser extent the Heat. In both cases we have an advantage at SG or PG (respectively) and C in both cases. However, I just have to question how the team is playing. How many times in a 7 game series can you come back from a 15-20 point first half deficit, as this seems to be the Hawks' M.O. at this point in time.

My question is, does anyone really think we'll win our first round series? This year's version of the Hawks just doesn't look capable of putting together any sort of run against a good team.

That said, I think we do match up well against the Bulls, and to a lesser extent the Heat. In both cases we have an advantage at SG or PG (respectively) and C in both cases. However, I just have to question how the team is playing. How many times in a 7 game series can you come back from a 15-20 point first half deficit, as this seems to be the Hawks' M.O. at this point in time.

That was kind of the point of the topic. Which one of these team will give the Hawks a better shot at making it to the second round? Either way it goes, it will be a tough first round for us.

• Premium Member

Say it with me...

MIAMI...

Right now, they are nobody's favorite. I have some fears that Orlando and NY have started to put it together. We should stay away from half court dominant teams. If we can play Miami in the first round, Chicago in the 2nd, and Boston in the finals... we might be able to do something. That means of course that Orlando plays NY then Boston. That also means that Boston plays Milwaukee then Orlando.

Boston

Chicago

Miami

Orlando

NY

Atlanta

Philly

Milwaukee

That's how we win the East.