• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight or CP3?

MVP23

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its going to be a Melo situation all over again next year with both of these contracts expiring. I don't see either guy resigning with their current team. Rumors have it Dwight wants to come to the ATL, and it would be pure irony if we end up with CP3 after all. Most people want Dwight, but we need a floor general. Dwight is a smart dude, but him and Smoove on the same team would quickly become unbearable. CP3 is actually what this team would need. A leader. High IQ. Can shoot, drive, play defense AND put buts in seats. I would throw every player except Horf at the Hornets in order to get him. If not, I would settle for Dwight, but CP3 would be my first choice. MY gut says we're going to get one of these guys around the trade deadline next year. What say you?

Edited by MVP23

We could get a quality big like a Camby to play at Center. Move Horf to the 4. If Smoove is here move him to the 3. Any trade we made must include Joe, hopefully we don't extend Craw so they are holes at the three and 2, but at least we would have something to build around in CP3 rather than still be without a floor general and get Dwight.

Dwight is always in uniform, unless he's serving a one game suspension for technicals. I love Paul's game, and wish him the best with his current injury, but the guy makes cameo appearances during the season. After Speedy, I simply can't stomach anybody killing the payroll wearing a suit for weeks, even months on end. The ASG has enough trouble spending money wisely.

• Like 1

You have to take Dwight all day. There are more serviceable PG's in the league than centers. Dwight is a one-of-a-kind, break-the-mold player. CP3 is (currently) outplayed by D Rose, D-will, Russel Westbrook. Dwight is easily the top center in the league, and will be for years.

Howard cuz CP3 is not who he used to be. He has one knee "bone on bone".

The questions is: How could we possibly make room for him or get a package together while still having the flexibility to surround him with talent?

Edited by sasuke

Dwight is our man!

I like Paul, but as other posters stated he's becoming more and more injury prone... and for a PG who's game is based on his speed, it's gonna be difficult for him to consistently play at his potential level.

On the other hand you got Dwight who can give you double-double even when he struggles offensively... plus, he's a game changer defensively and he can bring it every game!

At the current state of the Hawks, I say Dwight. I am sick and tired of Marvin and want him cut or traded after this year. I doubt Jamal is coming back despite the rumors I've been hearing about how he wants to resign. Hinrich is strong enough PG to start for the next year or two. We need a true center!

• Premium Member

A healthy CP3 in his prime was the most efficient PG in the history of the game. Right now the guy is not the player he was, and while he is still a very top tier PG he isn't the undisputed best. Dwight is the undisputed best center in the NBA. No player comes close. So Dwight is more valuable imo.

A healthy CP3 in his prime was the most efficient PG in the history of the game.

Yeah it's actually kinda sad. He was head and shoulders over these other PGs. He can't chancge pace drastically like he used to and it's killing his game. I think he had like 3 straight single-digit scoring games before his concussion. He was Isiah with a little more control and vision, now he's a shell of himself. Maybe injury concerns that we dont know about factored in to Knight not taking him, and maybe character for Deron, nonetheless it isn't nearly reason enough to take Marvin. But now that Chris is damaged goods, I have no care to see him with Hawks across his chest.

Yeah it's actually kinda sad. He was head and shoulders over these other PGs. He can't chancge pace drastically like he used to and it's killing his game. I think he had like 3 straight single-digit scoring games before his concussion. He was Isiah with a little more control and vision, now he's a shell of himself. Maybe injury concerns that we dont know about factored in to Knight not taking him, and maybe character for Deron, nonetheless it isn't nearly reason enough to take Marvin. But now that Chris is damaged goods, I have no care to see him with Hawks across his chest.

Actually, I think BK *did* speak of physical concerns w/ Paul. Doesn't excuse the mistake, of course.

Actually, I think BK *did* speak of physical concerns w/ Paul. Doesn't excuse the mistake, of course.

Hmm. I could be thinking of comments he made about Roy. Not sure. The past is a dark, blurry cloud of futility and missed opportunity.

Its going to be a Melo situation all over again next year with both of these contracts expiring. I don't see either guy resigning with their current team. Rumors have it Dwight wants to come to the ATL, and it would be pure irony if we end up with CP3 after all. Most people want Dwight, but we need a floor general. Dwight is a smart dude, but him and Smoove on the same team would quickly become unbearable. CP3 is actually what this team would need. A leader. High IQ. Can shoot, drive, play defense AND put buts in seats. I would throw every player except Horf at the Hornets in order to get him. If not, I would settle for Dwight, but CP3 would be my first choice. MY gut says we're going to get one of these guys around the trade deadline next year. What say you?

I hear your point and initially I was thinking Dwight in a landslide but it is not as clear a choice as I thought. If we could pull it off through free agency and not have to disrupt the nucleus I would do it. Hawks cant sell the farm to get either player here. I am leaning Dwight if Heinrich is still here. While I thing CP3 if significantly better than Heinrich, I think a starting lineup of Howard, Horford Smith JJ and Heinrich could easily be the best defensive starting five in the NBA.