• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most Likely To Coach

benhillboy

Which current Hawk is most likely to go into coaching after his career? Its funny how Doc reached the top and Corbin is starting off. I dont know if Nique wanted to coach, but he simply isn't qualified. There also may be something to holding average guys to a Hall of Fame standard.

Of course Hinrich, but he just got here. Any core guys? I want to say Marvin would be a good assistant, but he has been thought of very highly before when entering a new stage in his career and that didn't work out too well. I think Al could teach, but coaching I don't know. There are two other starters who are, shall I say, mentally challenged just a bit.

• Premium Member

Which current Hawk is most likely to go into coaching after his career? Its funny how Doc reached the top and Corbin is starting off. I dont know if Nique wanted to coach, but he simply isn't qualified. There also may be something to holding average guys to a Hall of Fame standard.

Of course Hinrich, but he just got here. Any core guys? I want to say Marvin would be a good assistant, but he has been thought of very highly before when entering a new stage in his career and that didn't work out too well. I think Al could teach, but coaching I don't know. There are two other starters who are, shall I say, mentally challenged just a bit.

If you think JJ is mentally challenged...I don't think he'd make a good coach. But it's not because he's not smart enough. Josh isn't mentally challenged either. There's a difference between intelligence and maturity. You can be 50 years old and have an IQ of 160, but the maturity level of a spoiled teenager.

I think Hinrich is by far the most likely current Hawk to go into coaching. After him, I'd say Al, then Damien.

• Moderators

Bibby was one but of course he's gone. Josh Powell can teach guys how to camp out in the lane....the fire lane! ok. sorry.

Its weird having a team without any guys you would think would go into coaching. I guess Damien seems to have the personality for it. He reminds me a lot of Corbin. I wish Corbin was our coach. I'm prediciting that guy doesn't put up with crap and he always brought it.

If i'm not mistaking, I think I heard Josh made the best grades in HS, and maintained a really good GPA.

? A basketball coach, not a HS gym teacher.

Anyway, I could possibly see Hinrich take the coaching rout, as he has a very high BBIQ, and, his dad is also a coach. Not many others I can picture at this point.

? A basketball coach, not a HS gym teacher.

Anyway, I could possibly see Hinrich take the coaching rout, as he has a very high BBIQ, and, his dad is also a coach. Not many others I can picture at this point.

I'm assuming you're trying to get reps for that comment, although that made no sense and was not funny. :sarcastichand:

Anyways, in school. I'm assuming you're still in High School, but let's not go there. Josh had the highest GPA out of all of the current Hawks, but Horford has the best education.

Anyways, I could see Kirk & Damien going into coaching. I think Kirk would be a great coach someday down the road.

I'd say Jason Collins. He didn't make a ton of money as a player so coaching would be attractive to him. (GUys who make 100 million dollars in their career likely wouldn't want the hassle of coaching) He is a smart guy with big academic credentials so I'd think he would be attractive to many colleges.

I'm assuming you're trying to get reps for that comment, although that made no sense and was not funny. :sarcastichand:

Anyways, in school. I'm assuming you're still in High School, but let's not go there. Josh had the highest GPA out of all of the current Hawks, but Horford has the best education.

I've just finished college and played HS ball through my freshman-senior year, varsity every year. As for your comment, it actually makes no sense, considering Josh never attended college, therefore he would never be a serious candidate for a NBA coaching spot. Hinrich on the other hand has done all of these and has one of the highest, if not the highest BBIQ on the team at the moment. Coaching runs in his blood.

Edited by Boss

If i'm not mistaking, I think I heard Josh made the best grades in HS, and maintained a really good GPA.

If this is true this makes me hate Josh even more.

@ the OP. I would say Jamal actually. He seems to be very intelligent, and articulate. I can just see him now standing there in a suit. Other than that, I agree Marvin would make a nice assistant coach. Horf may bring too much energy to be a coach, and I don't know enough about Hinrich yet.

Joe Johnson is hardly a leader on the basketball court, there is no way he would be effective as a head coach.

If this is true this makes me hate Josh even more.

@ the OP. I would say Jamal actually. He seems to be very intelligent, and articulate. I can just see him now standing there in a suit. Other than that, I agree Marvin would make a nice assistant coach. Horf may bring too much energy to be a coach, and I don't know enough about Hinrich yet.

Joe Johnson is hardly a leader on the basketball court, there is no way he would be effective as a head coach.

I know what you mean, but Josh plays with emotion, maybe a little to much. Some of my friends are the smartest people when it comes to school and sports knowledge, but when they're in the game, it seems like they lose it all due to their passion for the sport, their emotion affects their game play. It will slow down as Josh matures a bit more.

I know what you mean, but Josh plays with emotion, maybe a little to much. Some of my friends are the smartest people when it comes to school and sports knowledge, but when they're in the game, it seems like they lose it all due to their passion for the sport, their emotion affects their game play. It will slow down as Josh matures a bit more.

Hes been in the league 7 years now. Some guys just never get "it". Maturity wise, how could he have regressed? He wasn't shooting like this 4,5 years ago.

Hes been in the league 7 years now. Some guys just never get "it". Maturity wise, how could he have regressed? He wasn't shooting like this 4,5 years ago.

It's like any other sport, players don't have great years like everyone expects them to. Plus, everyone matures at different ages. Josh is still young, but we just need a coach is hard nosed and doesn't take any crap. I like LD, but he is a bit soft on the players.

It's so easy to forget Twin, but I'm sure he has a spot at Stanford waiting on him. Past Hawk The Jet. His positive attitude is contagious and has worked under Carlisle, Avery, and Olsen. Basically a shoe-in for no less than a prominent assistant role in the league. I freaking love that guy and am very proud he went on to bigger and better in Dallas as still an underrated piece to their long-running success right now.

Edited by benhillboy