• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we doing ESPN Tourney challenge this year?

Joker

I wish the Hawks could land Kenneth Faried.

Wow - Morehead State knocks out Louisville and Princeton is ahead of UK in the second half ! Nail%20Biting.gif .

Filing out the brackets for me is like spring training in baseball. Optimism, excitement;, anticipation! Then the games start and everything goes to H#LL... :banghead:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Man that Moorehead St game hurts me as I had Louisville winning in the next round as well. And I went back and forth on the Butler game and finally went with ODU in the slight upset and got burned there too. It's crazy how close these games have been so far, just wish I was at home watching them!

Wow - Morehead State knocks out Louisville and Princeton is ahead of UK in the second half ! Nail%20Biting.gif .

Filing out the brackets for me is like spring training in baseball being a Hawks fan. Optimism, excitement;, anticipation! Then the games start and everything goes to H#LL... :banghead:

Fixed that for you. :thankyou:

• Like 1

• Moderators

smh at ESPN giving our names away. lol is lw3 3D?

Get that sh*t outta here!!!! lol

Right surname, right initial, right school... alas, wrong first name!

I don't care how many more of these I screw up... how 'bout that Morehead State! yahoo.gif

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Man that Moorehead St game hurts me as I had Louisville winning in the next round as well. And I went back and forth on the Butler game and finally went with ODU in the slight upset and got burned there too. It's crazy how close these games have been so far, just wish I was at home watching them!

Fixed that for you. :thankyou:

LOL...thanks! I did the exact same thing with Butler - had em pencilled in then changed to ODU. Luckily UK pulled the game out at the end against Princeton...still, that kind of performance doesn't bode well for a team I picked to be in the final four. They probably just postponed the inevitable. I also stupidly followed the seeding with SDSU (sight unseen - only because of their coach) - and they are struggling against #15 Northern Colorado.

Oh well - I ain't complaining...got tomorrow off so it's fishing in the morning and basketball the rest of the day line%20dance.gif

Wow, some good game so far. Shame I missed the brackets, damnit.

No worries - stay in the conversation anyway - you still have about the same chance of winning as me :kickcan:

...I don't care how many more of these I screw up... how 'bout that Morehead State! yahoo.gif

~lw3

The jokes will flow like cheap wine after that win. "Pitino can't handle Morehead" "Morehead too much for Pitino" "Pitino thought he was ready for Morehead but came up short".

• Like 3

And how about freaking Richmond beating Vandy now! What a powerhouse game that will be in the next round with Morehead vs Richmond! At least I can't lose that one since I didn't pick either of them to advance.

What's shocking is how many people on ESPN actually had both of those upsets correct. :comando:

LOL...thanks! I did the exact same thing with Butler - had em pencilled in then changed to ODU. Luckily UK pulled the game out at the end against Princeton...still, that kind of performance doesn't bode well for a team I picked to be in the final four. They probably just postponed the inevitable. I also stupidly followed the seeding with SDSU (sight unseen - only because of their coach) - and they are struggling against #15 Northern Colorado.

Thankfully SDSU pulled it out! With the way that Temple struggled today I think SDSU should get by them too. I am worried about my selection of them beating Duke in the Elite Eight though LOL. Nail%20Biting.gif

And how about freaking Richmond beating Vandy now! What a powerhouse game that will be in the next round with Morehead vs Richmond! At least I can't lose that one since I didn't pick either of them to advance.

I picked Richmond since I used to live in VA and I know they get good talent for a mid-major (+Vandy never seems to go anywhere in the tournament). I'm not surprised that a lot of folks picked Morehead because ESPN did a little thing on their big guy and Charles picked them in an upset.

Funny thing is, Sir Charles has picked the best upset of the TV pundits so far and he is a pro basketball guy.

Edited by DJlaysitup

This has been one of the best tournaments so far with so many close games! Really looking forward to seeing the Gonzaga-BYU, Pittsburgh-Butler and Washington-UNC games too which should all be really good.

Right now just hoping Kentucky can hold WVU off!

First place....whaddup

(Yea I know it probably won't last long :kickcan: )

Hey we're all behind Obama, but then again he has more time to analyze his bracket ...negative.gif

• Like 1

I knew it, I knew it, I effin' KNEW IT!!!! I knew that Pitt would choke AGAIN!!!!

Man I don't think I'll ever pick against Butler again. Now it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the championship again. That was probably the worst finish I've ever seen to a game too with the refs calling those two awful fouls, especially the last one on the free throw rebound. Just absolutely terrible to end a teams season with a foul call.

Damn the first few minutes of the UNC - Washington game might be the best I've seen in the tournament so far. This is going to be one hell of a fun game to watch! Washington has a real shot to beat UNC, although I don't think they'll have enough depth to pull it off.

Man I don't think I'll ever pick against Butler again. Now it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the championship again. That was probably the worst finish I've ever seen to a game too with the refs calling those two awful fouls, especially the last one on the free throw rebound. Just absolutely terrible to end a teams season with a foul call.

Agreed, but the refs were in between a rock and a hardplace at the end of that game. Who knew the Bulter guard (Mack) would run the guy out of bounds instead of just guarding him? When they checked the clock they put 1.4 seconds on the clock prior to the free throws, so, given that time (without the foul) the Pittsburgh guy could have easily crossed half court and shot a 40-45 footer at the buzzer. Not saying he would have made it - odds would definitely be against him - but it would have been a makeable shot (maybe 15%er), so they had to call the foul IMO.

Then once they called THAT foul, how could they not call the other dumb foul? Personally I don't think they would have called the second if they hadn't had to call the first....but, of course, the second wouldn't have happened without the first.

I think the fairest thing would have been to go to O.T. - but I can sorta understand why the ref called the last foul. It was like one of the pundits said afterwards...Pittsburgh seemed to say "I'll see that dumb foul and raise you one".

...and, of course, now my Nat Champ pick N.D. is down 34-23 at halftime to Fla. State - (shaking my head) - what a dumb pick.