• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight Drew should be fired

frankthetank966

We'll still have the same owners, but yes, a new coach would be great. But before I go on saying anymore, I'll wait till the end of playoffs. Playoffs will tell you a lot about a coach and what not. He might prove us all wrong, but that's me just being optimistic. Let's hope for the best, and forget the rest.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 3

Like Horford said "Something needs to be done".

Question is What?

We aren't going to drop a player or trade one. Drew's gameplan is awful, he can't motivate his players and they don't want to listen to him. Even TNT acknowledges that the players are tired of listening to LD. Thats a major concern.

I agree. I hope he gets canned tonight. I am tired of him pacing the sidelines like a damn zombie during these embarrassing home losses. I am tied of him allowing Joe too stand around on offense and not new the aggressive scorer he used to be. I am tied of him allowing Smoove to jack bad shot after bad shot. I am tired off his motionless offense. I should go on but iIhope they pull the plug on Drew.

not like woodson himself didnt suck....

No one said he was great but we lost 7 home games all year under Woodson with the same team. Under Drew we have more 20+ blowout losses at home than home losses period. Woodson sucked on the road and 2nd round of the playoffs but he didn't suck at home like Coach Drew does.

• Like 1

not like woodson himself didnt suck....

Under Woody we at least got some punches in .

So far under LD we do a whole shuck and jive routine and then in the words of Smokey " We get knocked the Out !!!! "

There simply is no fight in this team anymore . last year we wouldve went out and fired every bullet we had .....we may have still lost but we wouldve lost playing our game .

so with woody we had no fight on the playoffs and with drew we have no fight in the regular season... That's some punches alright. Woody still sucked and ld isn't great either... Thing is this team really doesn't seem to have any chemistry and I don't see how there's a coach that can change that without support from the front office.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was going to make this exact same post. Tonight was yet another national embarrassment for Atlanta and Hawks fans everywhere. Larry Drew clearly has no clue what he is doing and he has totally lost that locker room. Totally. There is ZERO fight, ZERO heart and ZERO guts on that Hawks roster right now. We have lost 7 out of our last 10 and almost all of those losses are blow outs. We have no defense, we have no offense. We are dead last in the NBA in free throw attempts. This team is lucky to even MAKE the playoffs.

This offseason has to be the one to blow it up and start over again. We have two pieces in Horford and Hinrich the rest of the bums (that includes Joe and Smoove) can be traded elsewhere. Get a real coach and some player who actually give a f*** about playing hard. I am beyond furious at this team at this moment.

I was going to make this exact same post. Tonight was yet another national embarrassment for Atlanta and Hawks fans everywhere. Larry Drew clearly has no clue what he is doing and he has totally lost that locker room. Totally. There is ZERO fight, ZERO heart and ZERO guts on that Hawks roster right now. We have lost 7 out of our last 10 and almost all of those losses are blow outs. We have no defense, we have no offense. We are dead last in the NBA in free throw attempts. This team is lucky to even MAKE the playoffs.

This offseason has to be the one to blow it up and start over again. We have two pieces in Horford and Hinrich the rest of the bums (that includes Joe and Smoove) can be traded elsewhere. Get a real coach and some player who actually give a f*** about playing hard. I am beyond furious at this team at this moment.

As of now I am not even convinced that Horf and Hinrich are our "pieces".

Horf, Smoove, and JJ are all legit pieces. If a great coach had them as his core three, his team would contend for titles. "Blowing it up" is not going to work. Why go into rebuilding mode (this WILL happen if the team is blown up like many have suggested) when a good coach and a few offseason moves will put this team into contender mode. The first move that must be made is the hiring of a new coach, whoever that may be. The management needs to pay enough to attract a high quality coach. As far as the roster goes, the Hawks need to let all their aging and/or useless players walk at the end of the season when their contracts expire - these players would be Crawford, Armstrong, Powell, Collins, and Thomas (not Wilkins because the fanbase likes him and he plays hard). By signing a veteran free agent or two and adding a competent head coach, this team would contend next year.

• Premium Member

Drew has lost the team.

Horf, Smoove, and JJ are all legit pieces. If a great coach had them as his core three, his team would contend for titles. "Blowing it up" is not going to work. Why go into rebuilding mode (this WILL happen if the team is blown up like many have suggested) when a good coach and a few offseason moves will put this team into contender mode. The first move that must be made is the hiring of a new coach, whoever that may be. The management needs to pay enough to attract a high quality coach. As far as the roster goes, the Hawks need to let all their aging and/or useless players walk at the end of the season when their contracts expire - these players would be Crawford, Armstrong, Powell, Collins, and Thomas (not Wilkins because the fanbase likes him and he plays hard). By signing a veteran free agent or two and adding a competent head coach, this team would contend next year.

...and the core is still flawed. Very much so. I have seen this all too many times with all variations of this team for 20 something years. The problem first and foremost is that we have nothing like a Nique that could shut those MVP chants up. Nothing. That is the core and we have managed without one for many years. If we cannot even COMPETE with the best in the league, something other than tweaking is in order.

Drew has lost the team.

...and the core is still flawed. Very much so. I have seen this all too many times with all variations of this team for 20 something years. The problem first and foremost is that we have nothing like a Nique that could shut those MVP chants up. Nothing. That is the core and we have managed without one for many years. If we cannot even COMPETE with the best in the league, something other than tweaking is in order.

With a good coach, Josh Smith could.

Who says we can't even compete if there is a good coach in place? And how is the core still very much flawed? Smoove, Horf, and JJ is a very competent core, bordering on elite. This team actually has a lot of similarities with the team who just beat them. The Bulls had an incompetent coach (Del Negro) last year and had a very mediocre season. This year, they hired a much better coach and upgraded their bench without tweaking their core (Rose, Boozer, Noah, Deng). The Hawks should look at what Chicago did as an example of what to do this offseason.

• Like 1