• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove gets benched, we win.

MVP23

• Premium Member

I didn't notice how long Smoove was benched for until I realized we had a shot to win it. I love Josh Smith. He has been my favorite Hawk for years... But good LORD man, his shot selection is killing us. Just MURDERING us at times. That would have been a different game down the stretch, throwing away possessions on his long range shots.

JJ tried to tank this one too, interestingly enough. I actually got ill watching him tonight. I hate to say it...and I REALLY hate to say it, but we pay him too much money for that sh!t. When we're getting punched, we need him to punch back. It's a good thing Crawford showed up tonight and ZaZa drank a Red Bull.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I didn't notice how long Smoove was benched for until I realized we had a shot to win it. I love Josh Smith. He has been my favorite Hawk for years... But good LORD man, his shot selection is killing us. Just MURDERING us at times. That would have been a different game down the stretch, throwing away possessions on his long range shots.

JJ tried to tank this one too, interestingly enough. I actually got ill watching him tonight. I hate to say it...and I REALLY hate to say it, but we pay him too much money for that sh!t. When we're getting punched, we need him to punch back. It's a good thing Crawford showed up tonight and ZaZa drank a Red Bull.

Yeah, it's not like JJ got to the line 11 times or played defense like his life depended on it. Or that Al was crashing the glass like a fiend.

This was a gritty win. No one looked good on offense, but props to the guys for their D and work on the glass, which is what won us the game. It's also what we'll have to lean on if we want any shot at a good playoff surprise.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

I'd rather take aggresive Joe vs passive Joe any day of the week. Sure his shot wasn't falling tonight but keep in mind his thumb is injured. In the recent past Joe barely took this many shots, we need him to keep on taking shots because he has the potential to carry us to playoff wins. We paid him the money might as well go the extra distance with him.

• Like 2

Th ereason he was benched was because of his attitude.... He cursed out Hinrich and Drew and the coaching staff in the middle of the 3rd quarter.... His ATTITUDE and unwillingness to change his ways are what hold him back from being great... As far as this Hawks fan is concern he can sit his stubborn childish butt there the rest of the season. He needs to be somebody else's headache already....

• Like 2

Smoove with the +/- of -12 tonight and Zaza with the +17. Pretty much the difference in how bad we looked in the 3rd vs how good we looked in the 4th.

It was great to see Smith cheering the guys on from the bench too, very mature of him considering how long he sat there at the end.

There was 1 play where smith was on the break with Hinrich and Horford. Smith was wide open on the left and Hinrich chose to pass to horford in which Horford miss or there was a turnover(forgot which one) . BHinrich fell to the floorbut and while he was on the ground I THINK smith jawed at Hinrich. Hinrich and Smith don't like playing with eachother and it shows cause they hardly ever pass to eachother.

I don't think he cussed out the coaching staff. Just hinrich.

What is the problem with Josh and Kirk, anybody knows why? Do you think it's because Kirk says "give me the damn ball after you rebound it and let me bring it up court?" :laugh:

I don't like Smith because he Is a cancer to the teAm not because I think is game is flawed. You don't curse out your teammate or coach on Any occasion. Shows what a immature prick the guy is. It's unbelievable to me how this board can continually watch him act that way and still defend this guy...

• Like 1

Hold on people. You can't point out that Josh cussed out Hinrich or the coaches. Don't you know that's being a hater? Smoove is the leader of this team. We need to do everything he says and things will be just fine. He is so freaking awesome and talented and you guys just can't see it because of your crushes on Horford.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why wasn't he benched the previous game when he was on fire? Why wasn't JJ benched for being just as bad? I'm confused at what message LD whats to send to Josh. Is it that he missed the shot or is it that he took the shots?

Why wasn't he benched the previous game when he was on fire? Why wasn't JJ benched for being just as bad? I'm confused at what message LD whats to send to Josh. Is it that he missed the shot or is it that he took the shots?

Pretty much everyone and their mother that was commentating on the game were pointing out that he had 3 shots in the paint as opposed to 7 jumpers and counting and these weren't the usual Josh wide open chucks either. They were stepback 3s, fadeaways, turn around fadeaways, hesitation pullups, and 5 pump fake fall aways. Josh wasn't just putting up jumpers he was putting up jumpers like he was up all night watching Kobe. I would say that that type of shot selection got him benched alone but the fact he was continuing this disturbing trend of putting up an average of 3points on soft jumpers against Boston had to of played a role as well.

LD earned some respect from me. Josh has all the talent in the world but the basketball IQ of a 10 year old We would have lost last night if he were on the court. He needs to STFU, play offense near the basket and play hard defense. He does that for an entire season he'll be an all star. This habit he has of lingering near the 3pt line every play and taking long jumpers is killing us even when he makes these jumpers.