• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it to late for Josh to be broken?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

and y did i get a neg for my post? Can I not have an issue with some of the dumb crap that Josh does?

Want a quick and easy +5? Just make a throwaway comment on how Al is the heart and soul of this team.

• Premium Member

Hell, everyone on this team takes bad shots. Not just Smith. His just stand out more because they're rainbows. lol

I'm convinced that LD pulls Josh for missing jumpers rather than taking jumpers. I call that poor coaching. That's like punishing your child for getting burned even though you've allowed him to play with fire without consequence in the past. Instead of LD making the media relations move of pulling Josh vs Boston he should made the more ballsy move and benched Josh after he goes 8-12 against the Nets.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Here are some other Drew quotes about Josh playing on the perimeter:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/06/14/drew-doesnt-waste-time-sending-message-to-hawks-players/

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/larry-drew-says-spat-767124.html

Whatever Drew says, it is a failing that he hasn't gotten Josh to play the way Drew says he wants him to play. Woodson took years too long and allowed a lot bad habits to form, but at least he got Josh much closer to the way he wanted him to play in his 6th year in the league. (Yes, that is damning Woodson with faint praise.)

I agree. Everyone including LD knows that Josh need to limit his jump shot and be in the post more, but I guess it's easier said than done.

On a side note, I didn't mean to -1 the post.... clicked the wrong side.

Edited by Playa

I'm convinced that LD pulls Josh for missing jumpers rather than taking jumpers. I call that poor coaching. That's like punishing your child for getting burned even though you've allowed him to play with fire without consequence in the past. Instead of LD making the media relations move of pulling Josh vs Boston he should made the more ballsy move and benched Josh after he goes 8-12 against the Nets.

Then you would complain that L.D. took Josh Smith when he was taking jumpshots.....seems like LD is in a no win situation here.

• Premium Member

Then you would complain that L.D. took Josh Smith when he was taking jumpshots.....seems like LD is in a no win situation here.

Josh Smith needs a consistent voice. LD's willy-nilly style creates confusion and dissension. How can a coach sit Josh for talking bad shots yet allows JJ to go 4-20 in the same game?

I would love to see LD get in Jamal's face for trying that globetrotter-dribble-jumper bs. Or it would be nice if he gave Al and Joe a nice stare down for holding the ball to long before making an offensive move. I would even like to see him get in Josh's face for not giving the ball up to the PG. I think the players are 60% the problem. Still I get extremely pissed when LD knows these guys are prone to do the same dumb stuff over and over and just sit on the bench like there is nothing wrong.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I'm convinced that LD pulls Josh for missing jumpers rather than taking jumpers. I call that poor coaching.

That is poor coaching. LD's lecture to Zaza about playing the right way is the correct approach.

Josh Smith needs a consistent voice. LD's willy-nilly style creates confusion and dissension. How can a coach sit Josh for talking bad shots yet allows JJ to go 4-20 in the same game?

I would love to see LD get in Jamal's face for trying that globetrotter-dribble-jumper bs. Or it would be nice if he gave Al and Joe a nice stare down for holding the ball to long before making an offensive move. I would even like to see him get in Josh's face for not giving the ball up to the PG. I think the players are 60% the problem. Still I get extremely pissed when LD knows these guys are prone to do the same dumb stuff over and over and just sit on the bench like there is nothing wrong.

JJ is a SHOOTING GUARD. Josh is a PF, and arguably our best post player. We need Josh inside. I take it LD told him that or he wouldnt have benched him. Just my 2 cents anyway. And btw, all of Joe's shots were'nt long jumpers. He was missing floaters, mid range shots, you name it. Agree with you on the Jamal globetrotter dribble bs. Need to cut that out. Edited by terrell