• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the magic fans are saying about the series.

Diesel

Joe is the x factor in the series, no one else on the team can attack and pressure defenses like him. If Joe get 25+ ppg in this series we win, if he only scores 15ppg we lose.

That's a good one! No way that happens (or if it does he' s shooting 40 shots a game).

I think we could take them. As others have said, they are not nearly so strong a team as they were last year. Making that big a roster change up during the middle of a season, I think that's been a negative factor for them and it makes them much more beatable because they are not nearly so cohesive a team as they once were. I am really glad Mikael Pietrus is no longer on that team, because in that 2010 series I felt like he was definitely an underrated X-factor coming off their bench. He killed us with the three ball that series, and his defense just kicked *ss. He was a wicked pest in that series, and he really helped them out a lot. I really like that player, and believe he's a fantastic 'glue' type guy to have coming off the bench. Really useful, very valuable, and really nice to have a guy like that who can make that kind of positive contribution in the postseason. So I think that overall the Magic have weakened themselves and are less than they were, and hopefully we are to play disciplined ball and attack their weaknesses and take advantage of all that and get some payback for last year's humiliation at their hands.

Joe is the x factor in the series, no one else on the team can attack and pressure defenses like him. If Joe get 25+ ppg in this series we win, if he only scores 15ppg we lose.

I agree. WE need our MAX player to play close to what he is paid to play, even if he isn't worth it.

The key has ALWAYS been JJ. In the playoffs, you need your ballers BALLIN. If JJ balls, we'll take out the Magic. But to do that, he's going to have to get up his shots, while others do the dirty work at times. So if JJ goes 9 - 21 FG and scores 23 points, we need our bigs rebounding some of the 12 misses that he clanked off the rim, and put it back in the hole.

2nd chance points.

And solid defense. Defense especially. Don't let their shooters go off. And if Collins can continue to neutralize Horford, we have a good shot at beating him. But JJ needs to ball. Can't have him going 5 - 13 FG for 13 points, and expect us to beat Orlando. No. He needs to get his shots up, so that he can be a factor scoring the ball. Hopefully, that will open up things for other people.

I think that most fans don't expect the Hawks to get to game 6. I didn't say that all Hawks fans think this.

Because long 2 point jumpers are the worst shot in basketball. You don't get many offensive rebounds, you don't get to the line, and you don't get the other team in foul trouble.

But on a possession by possession basis, I'd much rather see these guys take long 2's ( even contested ), than for them to jack up 3's.

Crawford long 2% . . . 45%

Crawford 3 point% . . . 33%

JJ long 2 % . . . 39%

JJ 3 point% . . . 29%

Both guys will literally shoot us out of games if they settle for the 3. And with the way we've been offensive rebounding these days, it doesn't matter what shot we take, we're not getting the rebound anyway.

Hawks need to get the ball to players in their favorite spots.

JJ - the floater in that 3 - 10 feet range

Jamal - midrange from about 18 feet

AL - midrange from about 18 feet

Smith - anything going to the rim

( note: both Al and Smith cannot play the finesse game. One of them are going to have to be willing to get their hands dirty in the playoffs. None of that passive ish. )

And tell Marvin to attack and see if he's successful. He shouldn't be settling for 3s either.

Tell Teague ( if he gets into the game ), to DRIVE THE BASKETBALL as much as possible.

Zaza . . you just be the garbage man around the rim and collect boards

Hinrich . . you try to do what Bibby did, and knock down timely 3s, and maybe run the team every once in a while.

• Like 1

Can they beat Orlando? Sure. But will they? Will they show the heart to overcome adversity, that is sure to come in the playoffs? The same kind of heart that they've lacked when tested before? That's the $64k question...

A major reason for me wanting the Hawks to win even if we get massacred again in the 2nd is to just enjoy the look on the Magic fan's faces. Them losing would represent the end of an era...what could possibly be considered a fluke era even.. and pretty much symbolize Dwight's last season in Orlando. The playoffs mean much more to them than us because unlike us they aren't looking forward to an offseason shakeup.

• Like 2

A major reason for me wanting the Hawks to win even if we get massacred again in the 2nd is to just enjoy the look on the Magic fan's faces. Them losing would represent the end of an era...what could possibly be considered a fluke era even.. and pretty much symbolize Dwight's last season in Orlando. The playoffs mean much more to them than us because unlike us they aren't looking forward to an offseason shakeup.

Very good post. If we beat them Dwight is gone.

The way we have been playing lately we will be lucky to not lose every game in the first round by 25+ points. I think it is pretty optimistic for us to even win a single game in the playoffs let alone win a series. This team has completely folded the tent

But on a possession by possession basis, I'd much rather see these guys take long 2's ( even contested ), than for them to jack up 3's.

Crawford long 2% . . . 45%

Crawford 3 point% . . . 33%

JJ long 2 % . . . 39%

JJ 3 point% . . . 29%

Uhhh... I think you are REALLY missing the point here. For both situations you posted the team is far better off with the 3 pointer than the long 2. Look at it as points per shot using the percentages you posted.

Crawford long 2- .90 PPS

Crawford 3- 1.0 PPS

JJ long 2 .78 PPS.

JJ 3 pointer .87 PPS.

How on earth could you post these numbers trying to show that hte team is better off taking long 2 pointers? With long 2's the team doesn't get the other team in foul trouble and the team gets few offensive rebounds. Its easily the worth shot in basketball.

Edited by spotatl