• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heading into the playoffs @SS FIRST!

JackB1

Talk about no momentum going into the playoffs! If the Hawks backed into the playoffs any more, they would be standing still.

All this talk from Coach Drew about needing momentum going into the playoffs fell on deaf ears and all the starters packed their bags

for Orlando last week. No other playoff team shows as much disregard for their home fans and could care less how they look in front

of them. It's digraceful and unless they do a COMPLETE 360, I refuse to pay one penny for a playoff game this year. The players only

try hard when it really matters and they think they will be able to flip the ON switch on Saturday and it will magically come back. Sorry,

but that's not how it works and when Joe Johnson goes 4-20 at Phillips in game 3, he should expect even louder BOOOOS than he

heard last year. He is paid even more this time and he needs to deliver BIG TIME. He's the HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE

FRIGGIN NBA FOR GOD"S SAKES!!!! Play like it!

lets go hawks (yawn)

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm giving them a chance in game one to prove they can do something. I'm disappointed in the way they've played the last 2 months not just the last 6 games. I don't think they are all on the same page and that will get exposed if true.

(BTW, I fear they will do a complete 360 but I'm hoping they just do a 180 and turn things around :biggrin: )

• Like 1

Smh at going into the playoffs on a 6 game losing streak. The arrogance of tis team. :negative:

edit: I understand we have had nagging injuries, and those games were meaningless, but losing 6 in a row just doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by Deeman

Talk about no momentum going into the playoffs! If the Hawks backed into the playoffs any more, they would be standing still.

All this talk from Coach Drew about needing momentum going into the playoffs fell on deaf ears and all the starters packed their bags

for Orlando last week. No other playoff team shows as much disregard for their home fans and could care less how they look in front

of them. It's digraceful and unless they do a COMPLETE 360, I refuse to pay one penny for a playoff game this year. The players only

try hard when it really matters and they think they will be able to flip the ON switch on Saturday and it will magically come back. Sorry,

but that's not how it works and when Joe Johnson goes 4-20 at Phillips in game 3, he should expect even louder BOOOOS than he

heard last year. He is paid even more this time and he needs to deliver BIG TIME. He's the HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE

FRIGGIN NBA FOR GOD"S SAKES!!!! Play like it!

lets go hawks (yawn)

and how did we head into the playoffs last year ?

Riding high after winning 50+ games 7-3 in our last 10 and on a 4 game winning streak and what happened ? oh thats right we came out and got our butts handed to us by the Bucks and they took us to 6 games .

The stuff you are talking means nothing because as of today if the are like you which is still thinking about last week well theyve already lost .

This team will simply much better as underdogs.

Edited by Crank
  • Like 1

It's digraceful and unless they do a COMPLETE 360, I refuse to pay one penny for a playoff game this year.

lets go hawks (yawn)

Jack, me and you have gone to games for the last 4 seasons now and we alwayse made the playoff games. I feel your pain and I will not be buying any playoff tickets this year either unless they do a 180 and turn it around. I paid goood money for primo seats last year to watch the Hawks bet blown out for the 2nd year in a row. The previous year I paid big money for primo seats to watch us get blown out by the Cavs.

I may be a die hard fan but I'm not stupid. If they want $150 per seat they need to prove to me they care enough to not get blown out.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I would feel better about our late season swoon if we had rested JJ and any other key players that were hurting. If the games matter, play like they matter. If you are resting at the cost of winning, then give your guys the actual time off.

Half-***ing it by losing every game, not playing with any urgency, and not giving JJ and others rest that could resolve issues that are hurting their performance just makes no sense.

• Like 1

I'm giving them a chance in game one to prove they can do something. I'm disappointed in the way they've played the last 2 months not just the last 6 games. I don't think they are all on the same page and that will get exposed if true.

(BTW, I fear they will do a complete 360 but I'm hoping they just do a 180 and turn things around :biggrin: )

I am too................but if they are down 2 games to none and acting like they don't care then I won't care either.

I'm tired of this group groups laziness and lack of discipline.

Edited by coachx

Jack, me and you have gone to games for the last 4 seasons now and we alwayse made the playoff games. I feel your pain and I will not be buying any playoff tickets this year either unless they do a 180 and turn it around. I paid goood money for primo seats last year to watch the Hawks bet blown out for the 2nd year in a row. The previous year I paid big money for primo seats to watch us get blown out by the Cavs.

I may be a die hard fan but I'm not stupid. If they want $150 per seat they need to prove to me they care enough to not get blown out.

Believe me, if they turn it around and play Games 1 and 2 with effort and urgency, I will be willing to buy tickets for game 3. But I think there are better odds of Woody coming back then that happening.

The team just seems to have no interest in playing any defense this year.

Edited by JackB1

Riding high after winning 50+ games 7-3 in our last 10 and on a 4 game winning streak and what happened ? oh thats right we came out and got our butts handed to us by the Bucks and they took us to 6 games .

The stuff you are talking means nothing because as of today if the are like you which is still thinking about last week well theyve already lost .

The Bucks took us to 7 games.... Don't think the Hawks will take the Maguc that far...

The only reason I see us not getting swept by Orlando is because we beat them 3 out of 4 times, that is no fluke. When you win 75% of the time that most likely means that you are not going to get swept.

Well we swept Boston last year in the regular season and they definitely went a lot deeper than us in the playoffs. I'm going to withhold any positive judgment until this team proves me otherwise.

+1 to almost everything said so far. The 3 wins over Orlando are suspect - based on when they happend (Magic were either sick, injured or had a new team on the floor.)

The bench and the Bobcats (last night) looked a lot more like a playoff team than our starters have been looking. I am worried, but probably won't be surprised. (Actually a surprise would be for something good to happen.)

Edited by Randy

• Premium Member

I was listening to some guys talk. They were pundits and they were talking about the Bulls. They were saying that there are teams like the Bulls all the time. Teams that make the regular season as important as the playoffs and in the playoffs, everybody else takes their game up and those teams like the Bulls cannot.

Last year, we were like the bulls. Played hard and went all out in the reg season. The question is were we holding back?

• Like 1

This is the most pessimistic board I have ever seen. I am a St. Louis Rams fan and the rams forum I go to has more optimism then this. Does nobody here realize that when playoffs start the regular season means nothing? We are a team with massive talent that has had proven playoff success. Why is everyone so damn annoyingly down beat? Every time I look at a thread here all I see is "the sky if falling" threads. So please I am beggin people, just for one time wait and see if we can do something before damning the team and it's players. /rant

• Like 2

I was listening to some guys talk. They were pundits and they were talking about the Bulls. They were saying that there are teams like the Bulls all the time. Teams that make the regular season as important as the playoffs and in the playoffs, everybody else takes their game up and those teams like the Bulls cannot.

Last year, we were like the bulls. Played hard and went all out in the reg season. The question is were we holding back?

Exactly this fanbase is bipolar . They basically pounded in the teams head since we lost last that the regular season means little and that the only way they will be taken seriously is if they get out of the first rd and so now the playoffs start and all the fans talk about is the regular season record .

Its like people dont understand that even if this team had won 54 games it still would be playing Orlando in the first rd and it still would be seeing the Bulls in the second and the same questions would remain. The only growth that this team can show is by getting out of the second rd .

When I read the comments on AJC and around here I think its quite obvious that some of the fans are way more fragile mentally than this team.

Joe couldve averaged 25 ppg and no one would care if this team doesnt get out of the second rd

Jamal couldve repeated and no one would care because at this point there is only one way forward for the current makeup of this team .

They players know it

The front office knows it

and any fans not in denial know it

• Like 1