• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keys for game 2

APE

We can count on the Magic coming out and playing much better defense on Tuesday. The Hawks won't shoot as well as they did in game 1. I think they did a good job of driving the ball after they missed a few shots, they must continue this. They got Howard in foul trouble in the 4th but they must do it early. We all know it's going to take a big hack from Howard to get the whistle in our favor. Something has to be done to done when Hinrich comes out and Jamal is guarding Nelson which doesn't include having Joe chase him, Drew has to at least give Teague a look to see how he does. Teague also has to come in to give JJ some rest. He played 45 minutes and we all know about his questionable conditioning. Can't wait to see what our damn Hawks are made up of.

We can count on the Magic coming out and playing much better defense on Tuesday. The Hawks won't shoot as well as they did in game 1. I think they did a good job of driving the ball after they missed a few shots, they must continue this. They got Howard in foul trouble in the 4th but they must do it early. We all know it's going to take a big hack from Howard to get the whistle in our favor. Something has to be done to done when Hinrich comes out and Jamal is guarding Nelson which doesn't include having Joe chase him, Drew has to at least give Teague a look to see how he does. Teague also has to come in to give JJ some rest. He played 45 minutes and we all know about his questionable conditioning. Can't wait to see what our damn Hawks are made up of.

I would hope he wouldnt do what you are suggesting as its an over dramatization of the facts .

Since when are Reddick,Arenas,Hedo Jrich considered defensive players ? This is not Pietrus or Barnes we are talking about here . They will make adjustments but those players magically becoming a defensive forces over night aint gonna be one of then .

Jameer had 7 of the Magic first 8 points of the 3rd when Kirk was on him he didnt magically start making shots when Kirk sat he just continued his mini run . He made two on jamal and then JJ took over after a timeout but we never shouldve taken jamal off of him because it didnt change anything . Jameer kept his streak going by making a couple of baskets off Magic offensive rebounds. You cant overreact to these type of situations .

Key to the second is to anticipate there adjustments and be ready for them and to also rebound better as we got pounded 40-29 on the boards.

If we are gonna be running bodies at Dwight and Josh and Al are gonna be at the forward spots well that means that when that shot goes up they have to come crashing in and chase down every rebound . I saw both of them trying to leak out way too many times hoping someone else will snag the rebound . When you are talking about the likes of Bass,Hedo,Anderson well then those two have got town those boards .

I do expect Teague to play but I just think that it will be at home. I dont think LD trusts Teague on the road so he leans on his vets. I would hope Teague understands this and uses it as fuel for the home game .

It's pretty simple. Do what we've been doing against them all year. We're on pace for 7-2 against them and likely rest before the sexond round, if I can get so far ahead of myself. It's safe to say Coach has a gameplan that works, so just stay the course. I wouldn't put much stock into the rest of the Magic undoubtedly playing better, rebound margins, or stats other than us limiting their open threes and utilizing our reservoir of good, hard fouls from the Big Scrubs. It seems that playing Dwight straight up, and effectively, is something the Magic simply aren't comfortable adjusting to with our length and athleticism to chase people off threes, get into passing lanes, get strips, and ultimately run out. I'm going to keep saying it as to make it so: Jamal for a cool 30 Tuesday.

Edited by benhillboy

Larry Drew's insistence on not playin Teague at the point is goin to catch up with us in the long run..allowing Jameer Nelson to go on that type of run was idiotic..We have played the magic 4 times in the regular season and its clear that Jamal vs Nelson is a bad matchup but Drew insists..He allowed Derrick Rose to get goin in the same fashion in two games we played the bulls..

Sometimes coaches have to make defensive substitutions..with the lead that we had in this game it jus was plain dumb not to give that kid a look and get him use to playoff basketball..his speed and defensive prowess warrants consistent minutes every game..

Keep making Dwight work to get his. Continue to limit his teammates, adjust to take away the open corner 3 because they got a few of those but just have the bigs continue to be impediments and more importantly PESTS to Dwight.

The harder he works on offense to get his team going means the more turnovers he makes, the more fouls he picks up and the less effective his defense is and the less effective his defense is the nonexistent the Magic's D is.

I felt the offense was excellent and even though we are unlikely to repeat the percentages we still were doing everything right by moving the ball around, not giving the Magic any one person to key in on and attacking every matchup that we had an advantage in. We saw Josh take Hedo in the post, Al take Anderson in the post when he checked in and JJ take Redick in the post when he checked in. Stan has no answers on his bench for us, if he goes offensive he losses on the defensive side and if he goes defensive he losses on the offensive side. We also don't have to worry about Jason Richardson, he can't create his own offense and he's not going to get opportunities off ball with Dwight and Jameer looking solely for their shots and managing only a measley 2 assists between them.

The only player that can get the rest of the Magic involved is Hedo but he's going to have a rough time maneuvering past the athleticism and length of Josh and Marvin which has negated his height. Perhaps if our bigs perform better on Dwight and Kirkland continues his first half and 4th quarter domination of Jameer then the next game is a blowout because I know our boys can get the needed buckets we'll need against their individual matchups.

I said that we will porbably loose game 2, but reading what the Magic fans have said, pisses me off. Let´s finish them right away. The tactics works and if Dwight doens´t get as many calls and doesn´t go for 40 + we can win this by a big margin.

Edited by Hawked

• Premium Member

I don't expect the Hawks to shoot as well and I don't expect the Magic to shoot so poorly. Check the numbers guys. Magic have 4 guys shooting well from 3 this month. Hawks will still win but it will be a very close.

:offtopic:

Anyone else notice how much weight Twin has gained since start of the season?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Not sure if Teague is ready for playoff pressure. The chances of him being awful are greater than his chances of showing the flashes that we see against poorer teams.

I was at the Trailblazers game when Teague played like "THE MAN". Portland isn't a poor team to be fair. He played his best game of the year against a team that's picked by many to upset the #3 seed in the West. Portland's game is built around hustle and defense and Teague out-hustled and out-defended them in that game. I'd like to see him get some burn. Maybe a better distribution of the 1-2-3 minutes of...

Hinrich-30

Johnson-38

Crawford-28

Marvin-15

Teague-8

Smoove-25 (another 10-12 at PF)

That's not enough minutes to kill you IMO, but Teague can give you some solid relief at the PG position. This only leaves Craw out there at PG for 10 minutes.

I was at the Trailblazers game when Teague played like "THE MAN". Portland isn't a poor team to be fair. He played his best game of the year against a team that's picked by many to upset the #3 seed in the West. Portland's game is built around hustle and defense and Teague out-hustled and out-defended them in that game. I'd like to see him get some burn. Maybe a better distribution of the 1-2-3 minutes of...

Hinrich-30

Johnson-38

Crawford-28

Marvin-15

Teague-8

Smoove-25 (another 10-12 at PF)

That's not enough minutes to kill you IMO, but Teague can give you some solid relief at the PG position. This only leaves Craw out there at PG for 10 minutes.

Since when do you crack the rotation on a playoff team by playing good in ONE GAME .........against a team in the other conference at that ?

Teague hasnt played well against Orlando and has really only played well in our losses so why would the coach play him on this road in this situation ? He will probably get his shot at home and its in his own best interests to be ready to play

I don't expect the Hawks to shoot as well and I don't expect the Magic to shoot so poorly. Check the numbers guys. Magic have 4 guys shooting well from 3 this month. Hawks will still win but it will be a very close.

:offtopic:

Anyone else notice how much weight Twin has gained since start of the season?

The Hawks have been the 4th best team at defending opponent 3point% all season and have held the Magic to under 23% shooting from downtown in the regular season games to go along with the 27% from the last game This has been the numero uno reason why we've been beating and at the minimum hanging close with the team that takes the largest amount of 3s in the league. The 3 is their lifeblood but we know how to spoil it consistently.

Teague can only do good. If he come in and plays D and attacks and plays aggressive on O and D, he could be a big plus. If he comes in and disrupts the O and isn't effective on D, then back to the bench. It's only a win situation. He helps he stays on the court. he starts to sink the ship, he's out. Where's the problem. Got to use players as assets.