• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How to beat The Chicago Derick Roses..

MVP23

Pretty simple. Stay on the shooters like we did in the Magic series. If Kirk can't go, stick Teague on D Rose. HE WILL GET HIS POINTS. There isn't much we can do about that, but I would rather him go off for 30 a game and keep the shooters at bay, then have him go off for 30 a game and have the shooters lighting us up. In all honestly, we should win this series. The Bulls aren't that good imo. In Larry Drew we trust..

Pretty simple. Stay on the shooters like we did in the Magic series. If Kirk can't go, stick Teague on D Rose. HE WILL GET HIS POINTS. There isn't much we can do about that, but I would rather him go off for 30 a game and keep the shooters at bay, then have him go off for 30 a game and have the shooters lighting us up. In all honestly, we should win this series. The Bulls aren't that good imo. In Larry Drew we trust..

The key is to have a good team defensive strategy in terns of which way you want to send him .

We also need jamal to make him work on the defensive end lots of picks lots of attacking . You leave Keith Bogan and you shade Rose . Boozer is hurt and Rose is banged up too we have to make them work and rebound

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The key to this series is one word:

ENERGY

I don't fear this team's offense. They're at the bottom of the league in points scored. Sure, DRose is explosive and he's going to get his. But who else to they have? I don't fear Boozer or Deng, though they are decent scorers. the Bulls are all about intensity, effort, and energy. They rebound the sh!t out of that ball and they play with energy. That's playoff basketball and unless we come out with focus and intensity like they do, Chicago will bury us. They'll lock us down on one end and DRose will explode on the other end.

We need to rebound, rebound, rebound. Someone build a time machine and go get the Josh Smith that used to CHANGE THE GAME because he patrolled the lane. We need him and Horford shutting that thing DOWN and snatching everything that comes off the rim. We need our guards to get up in Rose's grill. Forget letting him get off, because Chicago is not the same offensive team as Orlando.

On the other end, we've got to get Joe into the paint. They've got nobody that can hold him. They might put Deng on him which should work to our advantage. Either way, we should have a buttload of guys getting some quality looks. I think Marvin would be in a prime position to benefit from this, but I expect him to do what Marvin does.......

• Like 4

The key to this series is one word:

ENERGY

I don't fear this team's offense. They're at the bottom of the league in points scored. Sure, DRose is explosive and he's going to get his. But who else to they have? I don't fear Boozer or Deng, though they are decent scorers. the Bulls are all about intensity, effort, and energy. They rebound the sh!t out of that ball and they play with energy. That's playoff basketball and unless we come out with focus and intensity like they do, Chicago will bury us. They'll lock us down on one end and DRose will explode on the other end.

We need to rebound, rebound, rebound. Someone build a time machine and go get the Josh Smith that used to CHANGE THE GAME because he patrolled the lane. We need him and Horford shutting that thing DOWN and snatching everything that comes off the rim. We need our guards to get up in Rose's grill. Forget letting him get off, because Chicago is not the same offensive team as Orlando.

On the other end, we've got to get Joe into the paint. They've got nobody that can hold him. They might put Deng on him which should work to our advantage. Either way, we should have a buttload of guys getting some quality looks. I think Marvin would be in a prime position to benefit from this, but I expect him to do what Marvin does.......

:D Great Post I Wanted To Give You Plus 3

Wilkins has saw very little floor time and Papa Si none at all. Yet, if Captain Kirk is

unable to go and we desperately need defenders against Rose - - - - -

Yeah. I know. Crawford? Nope. Jeff T.? Some, but not all the time. JJ ? Maybe.

We threw a ton of big guys at Goliath and for the most part, it worked. Hawks won

round one because of this/ I think we need to throw a ton of people @ Rose.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL HAWKS AND COACHES.

:derisive:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We need fan support in Philips Arena. Those Chicago fans will come to our arena in thousands. They will boo our players, make fun of our team. I can already see myself getting crazy in those games.

+1 to your first post man! We SERIOUSLY need fan support on the homecourt. That place will be littered with Bulls fans and bandwagon hoppers.....uhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Moderators

+1 to your first post man! We SERIOUSLY need fan support on the homecourt. That place will be littered with Bulls fans and bandwagon hoppers.....uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't you just see the yahoos peeling off their D12 jerseys around here and putting on the D-Rose unis? Bandwagon Don't Lie.

We know D-Rose will drive, drive, drive, but the Hawks absolutely must cut off passing lanes to the bigs. No easy assists to Booz/Noah/Kurt/Taj. Keep piling up the turnovers on the Bulls (first in TOs per playoff game) like the Pacers did (first in Steals per playoff game) in the first round. And when D-Rose and the guards miss shots, we cannot let their bigs bail them out with offensive boards (Bulls first in ORebs per playoff game).

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I love Crawdog. But under no circumstance should he be single covering Rose inside of 27 feet. The Bulls don't shoot threes nearly as well as the Magic. We need to get the ball out of his hands as quickly and frequently as possible. If Deng and Invisible Booz can beat us, so be it. Hopefully Damien can play a Rio role and stop Rose at crucial points.

Edited by benhillboy

The key is limiting Rose's impact!

I don't fear their inside game, nor their shooters (with the exception of Ashton, Rose is streaky and Deng has only mid-range game)... so we need to stop the penetration and box-out (no second chance opportunities).

P.S. Defense, focus, strong will! Let's get it on!

Al & Josh to clog the paint.

Marvin & Damien on Deng & Korver all the time.

Kirk or Teague & JJ double Rose.

Leave Bogans alone, his offense is non existent.

And finally & most important: We need to run & move the ball a lot. We can't let them set their defense. No isos or half court offense, JJ & Jamal need to stick this in their heads or we will go fishing 4 - 0.

Anything less than 2 Big Boy games from Al and I'm gonna be pissed.

Josh's missed threes will be converted on the other end EVERY TIME! The coaching staff has to be extremely proactive in banning this. At all costs. The s$&t is getting ridiculous. He can get off down in the post against Boozer, Asik, and Gibson, while Al neutralizes Noah and hopefully outplay him: I'm more concerned with post D and hustle plays moreso than scoring and rebounding numbers. He'll have to expand because I'm sure Noah will not allow many open mid-range looks.

I would bet that we didn't make a single shot in the half court after every man touched the ball in the entire First Round. The ball stopping has got to stop unless its Crawford. We have to make this hellish Thibideau defense move and exert themselves. Move the ball, make them close out hard, drive pass the defender towards the rim, make them collapse, create higher percentage shots, get fouled, etc. Simple concept, heh? They'll get it one day. I don't wanna hear the cliches about getting out and running just because we're "young and arhletic" either. At this point in the season, fast break points are all but halted. We aren't playing the Warriors here. Possessions are at a premium. Half-court execution is tantamount.

Most of this can be achieved. That Josh perimeter thing, I just don't know. We need Kirk and Joe to force this guy to start in the post with their set ups and interior passes, and godamnit STAY THERE!!!! Of course Kirk's health is pivotal. He helped sure up our defense and helped us to the second round. I know he's a classy guy and all, but he is a well respected PG and has earned enough pull win this team to reach the top of the key, get Josh's attention, and direct him exactly where he needs to be. Kirk is smart enough to know that that should never be around the arc.

Edited by benhillboy

Derrick Rose isn't Dwight Howard, and the Bulls don't score their points the same way the Magic do. If you single cover Rose all game, he'll eat you up alive and the Bulls will win going away. The Bulls thrive off of Rose driving the lane, because even when he misses Boozer (ugh) and Noah are terrific offensive rebounders. They score off of misses and they are both very good at kicking it out to three point shooters off of a rebound.

The Bulls win games by defending, rebounding, and Derrick Rose turning into a Unicorn in the last five minutes. The best, and easiest way to beat the Bulls is to get the ball out of Roses hand. Indiana was terrific at it, but unfortunately they couldn't rebound the ball & they didn't have a closer. Atlanta when they want to has both.

Its going to be fun. Josh Smith is going to eat Boozer alive, and unless Hinrich can get healthy Rose is going to carve up the Atl guards.

Good luck, but not too much.

The key is limiting Rose's impact!

I don't fear their inside game, nor their shooters (with the exception of Ashton, Rose is streaky and Deng has only mid-range game)... so we need to stop the penetration and box-out (no second chance opportunities).

P.S. Defense, focus, strong will! Let's get it on!

Deng shot 35% on 4.1 3pt attempts a game. Thats not great, but he's a pretty good three point shooter when he has time to gather himself at the line.

• Like 1