• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford has been Garbage

BudBall

Ever since Amare took his manhood and destroyed him he has been so inconsistent. Even is his jump shot is hit or miss now. What happen to him he is not the same player.

This guy is as soft as a marshmallow.

[

I second that emotion... he's actually making me thinking Smoove is a better option for the future at PF and he should be traded. He hasn't shown up against the likes of Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, nor the defensive great Carlos Boozer :negative:

• Premium Member

Not garbage. Because even though his shot wasn't falling, he came up big on the boards. We do have to call him out on that jumper though with all the attention JJ and Crawford get and with Teague stepping up, Al's shot would make us impossible to cover. He has to hit that shot.

More than that though, he's got to be the emotional catalyst for this team. I expect him to show up Friday. He better...

• Like 1

You guys are nuts. I guess you forgot the game where he got clobbered by Blake Griffin, fell about 6 feet onto his back

and got up and hit 2 foul shots.

Horford still got 14 rebounds, had 6 assists and scored 6 points last night.

The ONLY Hawks that didn't shoot poorly last night were Jeff Teague and Joe Johnson.

Marvin: 2-9

Craw: 2-10

Smith: 4-14

Let me remind everyone that we are playing one of the BEST DEFENSIVE TEAMS IN THE NBA!

Al is taking the same shots he has made all year at a +50% clip. Josh keeps taking shots that he has

missed every since he got into the NBA. There's a big difference there.

Al is obviously playing in pain. If you watch him ever since he hurt his knees, he has no lift to his jump.

Smith has been horrible the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS and he hurts the team more than he helps it. Smith

has all the talent in the world, but he chooses to play like a bafoon. Al is at least trying and he's doing

what he's supposed to out there. Smith is the same height as Al and he can't grab more than 5 rebounds

a game.

Please.....there's no comparison. Al is just having a few bad games. Smoove is an idiot for a lifetime.

I'm not just talking about last night, his overall play the last couple months has been spotty. People are saying he is injured, but I don't buy it at all.

You guys really post at the height of your emotions.

I felt this way for awhile now, even before the playoffs started.

Edited by ISOJoe

14 rebounds and 6 assists and people are saying he is "garbage"? Well then last night Josh Smith was "CYO League" bad. At times Josh Smith did things that made it look like he was throwing the game. But at least he removed the headband so we knew he was upset. He took bad basketball to dizzying heights last night. A total detriment on the floor.

But hey, let's bash the guy who actually did something positive for the team.

I'm not just talking about last night, his overall play the last couple months has been spotty. People are saying he is injured, but I don't buy it at all.

I felt this way for awhile now, even before the playoffs started.

In all honesty the entire teams play was "spotty", crappy, bad....whatever adjective you want to use since the last month of the regular season.

Now as far as the playoffs are concerned Horford averaged a double / double vs. Orlando at 12 ppg / 10.3 rpg and he is averaging 13.6 rpg vs Noah and the Bulls. To call that garbage is complete trash in itself. He is the only above average rebounder on this team.

We can all agree that both Josh and Al need to step up their scoring in the paint and stop being so intimidated in the paint on offense.

Its easy for Noah to get trash buckets when Al and Josh are having to defend pick and rolls all game long. That is what makes Rose the MVP. We did an excellent job of back door cuts when Noah would cheat out on the perimeter.....that will continue. Marvin and Teague did good jobe moving without the ball.

I like how physical Collins got when he entered the game with 6 minutes left in the 4rth. That is when we made a run. I'd like to see him get more burn.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Al has been soft on offense. When he gets it inside he frequently looks to kick it back out without even trying to score. Both Horford and Smith need to step it up on offense if the Hawks are going to win the series.

But on the other hand Horford is the leading rebounder in the series.

• Premium Member

Al has been soft on offense. When he gets it inside he frequently looks to kick it back out without even trying to score. Both Horford and Smith need to step it up on offense if the Hawks are going to win the series.

But on the other hand Horford is the leading rebounder in the series.

I think the opposite of Smoove... I think he needs to forget about trying to score period. Not unless he's going to post up from right there at the basket, cutting for the lob (or minimal dribble), or crashing the boards and putting it back. Smoove needs to focus on patrolling the paint.

He's a PnR PF. He can't create his offense. I seen him try but unless he gets a good look in a SMART location, unlike Josh, there is a great chance he's not taking the shot. I was trying to tell you guys this after six games of watching Hinrich with the team. I seen the PnR is all but dead which is Horford MAJOR offensive game to be exact. The only thing these players can set up is the PnP. This is a major issue from here in out. I don't think Horford could be much better outside of hitting jumpers which aren't so open v. the Bulls as they play assignment defense and close out quickly. Josh Smith is the x-factor. If he is SMART on offense all around, we should win all the games from here on out. Horford not soft but he doesn't force the issue either. You don't lead the series v. a team like Chicago in rebounding by being soft.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

IMO AL allowed Joshs antics take him out of the game .

When Josh took that three and Al threw his hands up in disgust he was never the same after that and seemed to lose focus the entire team did .

14 rebounds and 6 assists and people are saying he is "garbage"? Well then last night Josh Smith was "CYO League" bad. At times Josh Smith did things that made it look like he was throwing the game. But at least he removed the headband so we knew he was upset. He took bad basketball to dizzying heights last night. A total detriment on the floor.

But hey, let's bash the guy who actually did something positive for the team.

Numbers CAN lie... the man he was guarding and being guarded by all game went for 20 and 10 with half as many shots and pure hustle (which is suppose to be what Al does). and that guy going against him was JOAKIM NOAH... GTFO! That's garbage play if you ask me.

As far as Josh... I'm one of his bigger critics sometimes but at least he showed up defensively and in the fourth quarter...again.

Edited by PlayaPat420
  • Like 1

Numbers CAN lie... the man he was guarding and being guarded by all game went for 20 and 10 with half as many shots and pure hustle (which is suppose to be what Al does). and that guy going against him was JOAKIM NOAH... GTFO! That's garbage play if you ask me.

As far as Josh... I'm one of his bigger critics sometimes but at least he showed up defensively and in the fourth quarter...again.

Getting shown up by a former teammate, thought he had more pride than that.

Lack of fundamental basketball IQ.

Noah did not get many points on post ups or 1 on 1 isolation plays vs. Al Horford.

Noah gets garbage points b/c Al has to defend D. Rose's pick and rolls every play. That is what makes D. Rose the MVP......he has the ability to get garbage offensive players plenty of garbage points b/c bigs must constantly help defend Rose. This is the product of the greatness of Derrick Rose.

Edited by coachx

He's a PnR PF. He can't create his offense. I seen him try but unless he gets a good look in a SMART location, unlike Josh, there is a great chance he's not taking the shot. I was trying to tell you guys this after six games of watching Hinrich with the team. I seen the PnR is all but dead which is Horford MAJOR offensive game to be exact. The only thing these players can set up is the PnP. This is a major issue from here in out. I don't think Horford could be much better outside of hitting jumpers which aren't so open v. the Bulls as they play assignment defense and close out quickly. Josh Smith is the x-factor. If he is SMART on offense all around, we should win all the games from here on out. Horford not soft but he doesn't force the issue either. You don't lead the series v. a team like Chicago in rebounding by being soft.

In order to run a pick and roll the big man has to roll to the basket which Horford doesn't want to do. I have seen countless passes where the passer led him with a pass expecting him to roll to the basket and it winds up being a turnover because Horford doesn't roll.

I sure don't see any Karl Malone in Horford. Malone would be killing that soft front line for Chicago. Horford is having trouble backing down Noah lol.

• Like 2