• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

does atl have worst nba sports fans in the league?

yungsta

First it was the kobe shirts being sold in our arena and I was kinda mad but it was a team on the other side of the country and it was during the regular season.

then my friend sent me this

derrick-rose-party.jpg

Are you freaking serious???? In the middle of the fkn playoffs???

sorry if this has already been posted but im so heated

I think we know a lot of people born and raised in Atlanta who were NEVER Hawks fans to begin with. Never liked the team. I know a lot more Bulls fans than Hawks fans and I know a ton of Derrick Rose fans no hardly know fans of individuals on the Hawks. They aren't ATL Hawks fans, they are fans of other teams or players.

I know this sounds terrible but I really do hate everyone from "Atlanta" that wants to rep another team. I have almost got into physical altercations with people at games because of this crap.

I don't care pulling a Zaza on someone if I have to. This crap needs to change.

this is a bandwagon town

i swear there wasnt this many bulls fans last year when we were destroying them at home, i swear there wasnt many thunder fans in 09 when they were the worst team in the nba, or this many celtics fans before the big 3.

Im predicting next nba season there are gonna be way more clipper fans.

I never seen such a worst crowd with a winning team EVER. Even the pistons have better than us home attendance.

• Like 2

I think we know a lot of people born and raised in Atlanta who were NEVER Hawks fans to begin with. Never liked the team. I know a lot more Bulls fans than Hawks fans and I know a ton of Derrick Rose fans no hardly know fans of individuals on the Hawks. They aren't ATL Hawks fans, they are fans of other teams or players.

you guys know josh smith was/is(?) a bulls fan?

this is a bandwagon town

i swear there wasnt this many bulls fans last year when we were destroying them at home, i swear there wasnt many thunder fans in 09 when they were the worst team in the nba, or this many celtics fans before the big 3.

Im predicting next nba season there are gonna be way more clipper fans.

I never seen such a worst crowd with a winning team EVER. Even the pistons have better than us home attendance.

This really isn't a team. They just win. How? Talent. Are they a good team? No

• Moderators

Just deleted a bunch of rambling so I can gather my thoughts better and comment later. But suffice to say, we probably have the worst (no specific league) sports fans for a team with so many pro sports around. The sports teams and the people who sign their checks don't help their own cause. And the club scene is both a blessing and a curse.

~lw3

• Like 3

My thing is they call us front runners on the court but look at the fans of teams like NY and Chicago. They move to ATL because they could not afford to live anywhere but in the slums, eating ramen noodles if they stayed in those cities, then they come out to the games when there teams are some good and put on a big side show, just wanting a piece of the good times in every way. Yeah our fans are bad and those bandwagon people that crowd the building when NY and Chicago show up really are the true frontrunners

I honestly don't mind opposing fans as long as they're the minority. Atlanta is a melting pot and everybody knows it by now. Many locals think it's annoying, but the clashing crowd noises build for one of the most unique sounding environments in the league. And with way the Hawks' bipolar play, it isn't surprising that the city doesn't fully trust them yet. If the boys come to play, our fans (during big games), get as rowdy as any in the league.

• Premium Member

From what I've seen, it's not just ATL. Nobody here likes the Hawks either. The problem is that we don't have a face - and has been discussed ad nauseum. It sickens me to see the kind of bandwagon support that just about ANY team in the NBA gets as long as they are winning. But the real problem is that this team has not built any real history in 40 years and has not produced a face that people can get behind. If Derrick Rose or Blake Griffin were doing the things they do with an ATL Jersey on, the city would support them. If this team would just WIN, people would support them.

But you cant be up 1-0 on Chicago's court, throw that game away with idiotic play, and then come home and throw up a heartless performance - all the while the league's MVP is going bucksh!t with spectacular plays. In what universe does that spell "fan support." Hell, even us diehard fans are throwing up our hands.

The franchise has two options right now: win or bust it up and get a FACE.

First it was the kobe shirts being sold in our arena and I was kinda mad but it was a team on the other side of the country and it was during the regular season.

then my friend sent me this

derrick-rose-party.jpg

Are you freaking serious???? In the middle of the fkn playoffs???

sorry if this has already been posted but im so heated

...and yest this is some BS. But imagine if he was OUR MVP.

Atlanta is a city with one of the least percentage of people who were born and raised in the city. When you combine that with our lack of history of winning, it makes for a combination of probably the worst fan base in all of sports in terms of fans not only refusing to support the team but supporting OTHER TEAMS even in PLAYOFF GAMES

• Premium Member

Atlanta is a city with one of the least percentage of people who were born and raised in the city. When you combine that with our lack of history of winning, it makes for a combination of probably the worst fan base in all of sports in terms of fans not only refusing to support the team but supporting OTHER TEAMS even in PLAYOFF GAMES

This team needs to win in the worst way........

This ain't new though, for those of you who think this is a recent trend. Back in the 90's, we had bus loads of PACER fans come down here from Indiana...waiving towels on our homecourt on national TV.