• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to Josh Tonite

JackB1

Just think how great his night would have been if he didn't take all those jumpers. People want to always take the good with the bad, but I'd rather just have the good. I'm never going to excuse his shooting, but it certainly is easier to swallow when he does everything else as well as he did tonight. It's great to finally have Josh and Horford show up. This is what I expected going into the series and this is what they can do the rest of the way.

Edited by High5

Good game but let's be honest. Josh played a game against the Lakers this year where he threw 2 passes of the backboard for who I still have not figured out. Josh still needs to be the one finishing these plays on the breaks instead of trying to make them, but this was a great win and his game worked tonite.

• Premium Member

Horf must be in love with Josh as of now. Talk about crisp passing. Three awesome assists to bring Al back to the series.

EXCELLENT SECOND HALF TONIGHT!

I surely hope he won't revert to Birdbrain Josh next game. :Praying:

For those of us who bash Josh on his bad nights, it is because of games like last night. We all see what Josh can bring to the game, and last night is what we want to see all the time.

Josh has the physical tools to play like that all the time. Now let's see if he does...

Props where they are deserved........to Smoove.

Hopefully we see more Dr. Jekyll and less Mr. Hyde from here on out.

I really like what Kerr said last night. He said you should not confuse athelticism with energy. He went on to add that Josh Smith is very athletic player but he does not always play with energy. Kerr was right on with that analogy b/c we have all seen Josh get lazy and stand out on the perimeter to hack up bricks. It takes no energy at all to do that.

Let get Josh a supply of 5 Hour Energy to last him through the playoffs. He could be the best pitch man for them. This is me without 5 Hour Energy (insert game 2-3 lowlights) and this is me with 5 Hour Energy (insert game 4 highlights).

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

For those of us who bash Josh on his bad nights, it is because of games like last night. We all see what Josh can bring to the game, and last night is what we want to see all the time.

Josh has the physical tools to play like that all the time. Now let's see if he does...

That's all the Hawks though right? I guess Josh is the most extreme case but Joe, Horford, Crawford don't play their good games every night. Not even the majority of the time really. If they all were more consistent then it would be a hellacious team to defend. Hopefully they will stay focused. I know most of the blame and credit goes to the players but props to LD. He called out Joe and Josh after last game and they responded.

That's all the Hawks though right? I guess Josh is the most extreme case but Joe, Horford, Crawford don't play their good games every night. Not even the majority of the time really. If they all were more consistent then it would be a hellacious team to defend. Hopefully they will stay focused. I know most of the blame and credit goes to the players but props to LD. He called out Joe and Josh after last game and they responded.

Yes and No.

Josh's displays of poor BBIQ make him more frustrating. The other guys are doing what they can do, just not executing. Josh,tries to do what he can't do. There is a difference.

But, the point is. Josh had an EXCELLENT game and he's the primary reason the Hawks won on Sunday. He deserves praise for that effort. I think we all can agree more of what he showed on Sunday is what the Hawks need from him to keep this playoff run going.