• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That "foul"

ag82

I am a little worried we are going to see a repeat of the last game of the Dallas Miami games from a few years ago when Miami won their title. Rose has already started to barrel into guys with no hope of getting a shot off. I bet the refs get their memo.

I was sitting right at the end of the Hawks bench where the players run in and out, as well as the refs. They missed a good bit of calls (the Noah moving screen, out of bounds off Asik that was called against Marv) that should have gone our way in the first half. When they walked to the locker rooms at half, I gave them a very loud earful in regards to the job they were doing.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the second half. :pleasantry:

• Premium Member

I was sitting right at the end of the Hawks bench where the players run in and out, as well as the refs. They missed a good bit of calls (the Noah moving screen, out of bounds off Asik that was called against Marv) that should have gone our way in the first half. When they walked to the locker rooms at half, I gave them a very loud earful in regards to the job they were doing.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the second half. :pleasantry:

Noah might as well had been wearing roller skates on that screen. OMG................ I'm sitting there looking at the replay like, "is this sh!t real!?"

Dont just blame the national media. If you go to the Hawks section on AJC the "blown call" is the big picture headline. Seems we cant even get respect in Atlanta.

I am laying into every AJC person I have contact info for.

Our owners sell Kobe jerseys.

Our paper's Hawks page has a big photo of D. Rose and the boo-hoo article about how he got screwed.

Seriously? And it's the FANS who are the problem?

I am laying into every AJC person I have contact info for.

Our owners sell Kobe jerseys.

Our paper's Hawks page has a big photo of D. Rose and the boo-hoo article about how he got screwed.

Seriously? And it's the FANS who are the problem?

Nice. They changed it. I'll take credit for that. :)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/

• Like 1

I hope the "No call" bothers the Bulls players so much that they keep talking about it all day today and tomorrow and are still thinking and focusing on it during the game on Tuesday night so much so that we put a beat down on them. :Praying:

• Moderators

Actually give the pulls credit for showing some class about that call. SVG and the magic (remember them) would not have done the same. Here are quotes from Rose and coach.

Rose walked away in disgust when he saw Bennett signal a jump ball instead of a foul. But the league's MVP brushed off the impact of the play on the Bulls' chances.

"That's basketball," he said.

Coach Tom Thibodeau argued for a foul but, like Rose, he didn't raise too much of a stink afterward.

"He just said it was inadvertent," Thibodeau said. "Bennett's a good official. He made a mistake."

Watching WGN here in Chicago this morning, they played the call and explained that after the game the ref reversed himself and said it should be a foul, but no one claimed the Bulls lost because of it. Even the Chicago players gave props to the Hawks game plan. Boozer said it was the strategy of starting the bigs against them that set the tone and that it was a great move.

The more I think about it, the Hawks got more respect out of WGN and the Bulls than they ever have out of the atlanta sports media. Print or tv news.

• Like 1

I'm not one to complain about officiating, but I was incredulous at the calls going for the Bulls and against us in the first half. There were phantom fouls given to Rose on every possession. Any time we got a guy down low he got hacked with no whistle. The announcers never questioned a single call, and I wondered why until I finally decided it was just their policy to agree with the calls. Then the Rose shot happened. He flung his body into the defender, who simply jumped straight up. It was the most comical "offensive floppery" I've ever seen. Then the announcers just couldn't believe what they'd seen, what an awful missed call it was. I wonder if this is just my watching the game through the lenses of a Hawks fan...but I kinda doubt it.

I watched the Dookies play under coach K quite a bit, and I started to figure out why they win. They play hack 'em on every possession and hand-check relentlessly. It's just that simple. Once they establish that they are going to foul every player on every possession, the refs realize it's "just how they play". They stop calling fouls. When the other team hand-checks, it's an instant whistle. The refs don't even realize they're doing it. They just notice a change in the way a team is playing, and when they see it, whistle goes off. In short, I think the Bulls get away with more fouls because they establish a more physical style of play early in the game. Fair? No, but it's reality. Smart teams exploit any such advantage. We should do the same.