• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Random thoughts from @ game 4

ATLien_

1.) First off hats off to the Atlanta fans. Towels were waving from the tip all the way through the end of the game. The crowd was there early and was energized. My voice is still hoarse this morning. Best part, the crowd chanting ATL from the last 30 seconds of the game all the way through Phillips Areana walking out. Best in game atmosphere since I went to Boston game 3. Boston game 3 was a tick better because people couldn't believe what they were seeing, and I was in a suite :drinks: .

2.) The national media won't say it, but the Atlanta crowd has been lightyears better than the Chicago crowd. I know I haven't been in the Chicago arena, but on TV it doesn't look close.

2.) Jeff Teague played well, but this was his worst game of the 4 games. He came through with big baskets down the stretch. He seemed to go into tenative JT mode today, he was driving me nuts. Nobody on that team can stay in front of him and he kept defering instead of attacking and kicking out. Korver played him for a long stretch last night and he only attacked him off the dribble 1 or 2 times. He also ran a couple of fast breaks poorly. All in all a very good effort from Teague.

3.) We don't want Carlo's Boozer to get in foul trouble. Taj Gibson is a better fit and possibly player than Boozer. Boozer is a terrible defender and is a lazy defender at that. Think of Jamal Crawford at 6-9. Every time Gibson and Noah are in the game together Chicago kills us on the boards and their defense is much better.

4.) Marving williams needs to drop about 15-20 pounds. He needs to be more explosive, and I think this will help. He looks slow on the court for the SF position; Deng was blowing by him like he was standing still. Marving used to be a good defender, but even his defense is starting to be bad. I've held out on Marvin as long as I can; I still think he can be a good player, but he needs a change of scenery.

5.) Al Horford is injured. I don't know if we will ever know for sure, but he looks injured. When Boozer blew by him for that layup it hit me. He couldn't explode like he used too. I know I know he caught an alley oop, but it's much easier to be offensive than defensive for you don't have to react to another persons movements. I think its the lower back injury from the earlier Chicago game.

Here's my Matlock imitation. I noticed when the player run out they all jump in the air and bang sides or backs. This is customary for football players and NBA players. When Al Horford came out he stayed grounded and only grazed shoulders with each player. You could say this is just Al's way, but it was how all the other players responded to him. They new not to bang him hard.

With all that being said hurt or not hurt Al Horford has to take open shots. He passed up way to many open shots. Perhaps he is trying to set an example for Josh since his shot is not falling, but he cost us at least two shot attempts. We got a couple of shots blocked and a couple of shot clock violations because he won't shoot. His pump fake is not even working because the bulls know he won't shoot. Drew if he is hurt get him out of there or limit his minutes, but we need him playing full out when he's in there.

Edited by ATLien_

Forgot one thought. The officiating in this game was terrible. It was tilted more towards the Bulls, but it was bad all the way around. There was a good flow to the game in the 1st quarter, but the officals killed the flow of the game in the second and third calling excessive fouls.

Derrick Rose is a human pinball. He creates all the contact and miraculously he would get to the foul line.

Noah literally does a rolling screen everytime time he screens and he is over the back more often than not. Then the officials call a offensive foul on Josh Smith on the one screen he sets?

The now infamous Rose Crawford 3 point fouls was clearly a foul. I was sitting next to my brother and a co-worker who are both Bulls fans and my jaw hit the floor. To make things worse 1-2 minutes before that Rose drove to the basket and Al Horford karate chopped him. I couldn't believe all the ticky tack fouls they had called through out the game, but they didn't call those two down the stretch.

The officiating was just inconsistent and bad through the game.

• Like 1

Forgot one thought. The officiating in this game was terrible. It was tilted more towards the Bulls, but it was bad all the way around. There was a good flow to the game in the 1st quarter, but the officals killed the flow of the game in the second and third calling excessive fouls.

Derrick Rose is a human pinball. He creates all the contact and miraculously he would get to the foul line.

Noah literally does a rolling screen everytime time he screens and he is over the back more often than not. Then the officials call a offensive foul on Josh Smith on the one screen he sets?

The now infamous Rose Crawford 3 point fouls was clearly a foul. I was sitting next to my brother and a co-worker who are both Bulls fans and my jaw hit the floor. To make things worse 1-2 minutes before that Rose drove to the basket and Al Horford karate chopped him. I couldn't believe all the ticky tack fouls they had called through out the game, but they didn't call those two down the stretch.

The officiating was just inconsistent and bad through the game.

Thanks for the comments and this is EXACTLY how I feel, Rose legitemetly causes the contact half of the time and they ALWAYS set moving picks, it's not even NBA basketball at that point.

• Moderators

Yes. Noah's rolling screens are just awful. Basically push as many defenders as you can find into the goal post. The Rose inadvertent whistle should have been a non-call. It sucks he blew the whistle but there was really no attempt to do anything but create contact. I know guys do this all the time and its part of the game but this was just a really feeble attempt. It was an offensive flop and I think the ref just couldn't see giving a guy 3 shots just for jumping into somebody. Give them side out of bounds and call it even because if that's a shot he should be very embarrased.

Saying that infamous foul was not a foul is atrocious...

Jamal jumped in the air and Rose literally jumped to his left to take a shot.... Nobody jumps to one side ot the other to take a jumpshot... Rose's upper body and legs are at an angle that is not a natural move.... Watch the play again..

As for the United Center crowd, I think it's because of the capacity, Philips seems more initimate. United seems like nearly being at a football stadium watching basketball.

Also because the Hawks have been able to bore them out. If Rose had a game 3 perfomance there they'd be rowdy.

Talked to my buddy that was a Bulls' fan and he said that if the Hawks don't play as amazing as they did, and the Bulls got more foul calls then they would win.

What a joke... Did he count how many moving screens Noah (hair bonnet and all) did? I'm not even counting his over the back's.

The officiating was terrible, and it favored the Bulls HEAVILY. I think that's why Thibbedeau and Rose didn't say anything after the game.

Also that kickball that we got call for was not a kicked ball but another turnover by the Bulls. Don't worry though the Bulls will get all the calls 2nite also just so you know whose Boss. Al, Josh, Collins, and Zaza will all get 2 fouls in the 1st half to make sure they build those rebounding numbers since the NBA now knows that it is a easy sale to just say we did not play hard and got out rebounded. Most of the unsuspecting eyes will fail to see that they called bogus fouls on all of our rebounders.:beathorse:

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

5.) Al Horford is injured. I don't know if we will ever know for sure, but he looks injured. When Boozer blew by him for that layup it hit me. He couldn't explode like he used too. I know I know he caught an alley oop, but it's much easier to be offensive than defensive for you don't have to react to another persons movements. I think its the lower back injury from the earlier Chicago game.

I have been saying this for a while. If you go to a game and just watch him, you can tell something's wrong. He has no "lift" in his jump anymore and doesn't

have any "spring" in his step or jumshots. I suspect he's battling through the pain becuase it's post season, but I guarantee you we will hear about it after

the playoffs are over. I guy just doesn't change like that for no reason. He did have a nice Game 4, but he still looks like something's bothering him physically.

I have been saying this for a while. If you go to a game and just watch him, you can tell something's wrong. He has no "lift" in his jump anymore and doesn't

have any "spring" in his step or jumshots. I suspect he's battling through the pain becuase it's post season, but I guarantee you we will hear about it after

the playoffs are over. I guy just doesn't change like that for no reason. He did have a nice Game 4, but he still looks like something's bothering him physically.

I don't see a major injury, just a couple nicks. The teams we going v. aren't good match-ups for in our specific roles. He should be much better from here on out.