• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would like to see Marv used more

Marvin24Williams

Marvin may wind up going down as one of the worst #2 picks of all time.

Oh I'm pretty sure he's already there. He's in a group of busted #2s including Stromile Swift, Shawn Bradley, Danny Ferry, Darko Milicic, and Sam Bowie- though in fairness to Sam, his career was derailed by knee injuries, and he'd actually looked quite promising prior to the injury problems. All of these players though had the misfortune of being picked second ahead of vastly superior players, and Marvin is right there with them. Just a busterific pick.

I think it would be pretty solid Halftime Entertainment,

If someone made a video montage of all of Marvin's trips and falls, and add the Benny Hill theme song to it.

Heh, I like that idea. You could make a comedy show out of all Marvin's pratfalls, and show that during the halftime. The kids would LOVE that! :biggrin:

• Premium Member

Marvin sucks.

Marvin does absolutely nothing when he's on the floor. We know who Marvin is. Marvin will step up when we're already up, but he won't do much if it's close game.

I would rather play Damien.

To hell with Marvin. In fact, the first trade we get, we should send him. I don't care if it's Marvin for the rights of Popeye Jones. Marvin is a cancer that is taking hold of us at the wrong time. The cancer is that of Indifference. Marvin doesn't have a winners mindset. He's not willing to do what needs to be done. He's happy just going out there and doing the least that he can. F that. Give me somebody who is hungry. I want somebody who we can put in the jungle and they will come out wearing Leopard Skin and Lion's coats looking about 25 pounds fatter. That's not Marvin, there's no hunger in him. He's just here for the check.

Marvin ain't worth a damn. I'm not a hater and I've taken the quiet, middle road on Marvin for years. I can't walk the fence on Marvin any more...

Cat is a non-factor on the floor. He could be any of a million SF's out there. At his best he is conduit - a means to move the ball. At his worse, he is an offensive liability. There is NOTHING that he does on the other end that Damien can't do...and honestly, Damien is a scrappier defender.

Edited by Wretch

• Premium Member

Marvin vs. Darko vs. Stromile.

Well, Marvin isn't the worst #2 overall player.. but at his position (a damn a dozen position), he may be the worst #2 overall pick ever. At least with Darko and Stromile, you were striving for a big. With Marvin, we were going for a guy who could be a game changer. Sadly, he was a bench player in college. Roy Williams has to laugh his *ss off everytime he thinks of how he used the hype machine for Marvin.

• Premium Member

Marvin officially went Allan Henderson this season. Younger fans may not remember him but most of the guys here will. He finally admitted to jaywalker his last year in Atlanta that he was only going through the motions so the Hawks couldn't cancel his contract due to negligence on his part.

For those who don't know or remember, Henderson played his *ss off to get a fat extension from the Hawks and as soon as he did WHOOSH he just stopped hustling, playing hard and playing good defense. All the things he did to get a contract he just literally stopped doing. Marvin is the same thing. He worked hard (for Marvin who only plays XBox in the offseason by his own words) to get the Hawks to foolishly give him an extension and WHOOSH he's just given up. He doesn't care, his contract is guaranteed. He flat out doesn't give a damn on either end of the court and its all because he got his extension.

• Premium Member

I used to think that Marvin was just a bad pick - a talent, but not for where we picked him. Marvin is a bust. It used to boggle my mind, but seriously...put the pieces together:

He's big. He's fast.

His shot is better than Smoove's.

He's more athletic and bigger than JJ.

He can hit a jumpshot. He can hit the 3 point shot. He can draw fouls.

In what universe does this equate to a virtual non-factor? Simple, the guy has the fire of a wet mop. And not even a real mop...like those industrial ones the janitors use. He's a wet sponge mop. The cheap, $4 kind mass produced in Korea...and pink.

o-cedar-pink-mop.jpg

• Like 2

I really hope this is Marvin's last year in Atlanta. It's painful to watch him play. The guy doesn't have much instincts to play the game and can't chew gum and walk at the same time. Sometimes Marvin will fool you and have one decent game then he goes back in a shell. The small forward position depends on players scoring and Marvin has no game other than shooting outside. There as got to be someone better that is available in the off season to produce more than Marvn gives.

Marvin officially went Allan Henderson this season. Younger fans may not remember him but most of the guys here will. He finally admitted to jaywalker his last year in Atlanta that he was only going through the motions so the Hawks couldn't cancel his contract due to negligence on his part.

For those who don't know or remember, Henderson played his *ss off to get a fat extension from the Hawks and as soon as he did WHOOSH he just stopped hustling, playing hard and playing good defense. All the things he did to get a contract he just literally stopped doing. Marvin is the same thing. He worked hard (for Marvin who only plays XBox in the offseason by his own words) to get the Hawks to foolishly give him an extension and WHOOSH he's just given up. He doesn't care, his contract is guaranteed. He flat out doesn't give a damn on either end of the court and its all because he got his extension.

Sothron...I hate to disagree with you, but Marvin went Adam Keefe on us this year...Just plain awful.

• Premium Member

Sothron...I hate to disagree with you, but Marvin went Adam Keefe on us this year...Just plain awful.

Adam Keefe never got a lucrative extension from the Hawks and then simply stopped giving any effort on the court. Henderson did. Marvin is now our new Hendu. Zero effort, zero heart but don't forget to mail me my paycheck.