• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague starting PG; Kirk 6th man

WraithSentinel

I am definitely on the Jeff Teague for starter bandwagon. He has more than earned it after his series.

I am assuming Jamal leaves. Kirk got a year left on his contract. I think he should do fine in the role. Teague should be ready now to assume the starter role.

yes sir I been sayin that since the beginning. if he dont get that starter role this time after playing great against the mvp of the league than i will be shocked. all the young man needed was some confidence and LD as well as his team has been sayin that for the longest since they drafted him. Im looking for LD to start him next year for sure!

yes sir I been sayin that since the beginning. if he dont get that starter role this time after playing great against the mvp of the league than i will be shocked. all the young man needed was some confidence and LD as well as his team has been sayin that for the longest since they drafted him. Im looking for LD to start him next year for sure!

I hope LD starts him cause this is what he had to say:

“I’m hoping that Jeff will take this series and build from it,” said Drew. “He did some really good things, he surprised a lot of people. He has shown that he has the ability to be a starter. It’s going to be up to Jeff, how he comes back next year, does he come back with the mentality of being a reserve or the mentality of being a starter? It’s not going to be anything that’s going to be handed to him. He has to show that he wants it.”

I hope LD starts him cause this is what he had to say:

"I'm hoping that Jeff will take this series and build from it," said Drew. "He did some really good things, he surprised a lot of people. He has shown that he has the ability to be a starter. It's going to be up to Jeff, how he comes back next year, does he come back with the mentality of being a reserve or the mentality of being a starter? It's not going to be anything that's going to be handed to him. He has to show that he wants it."

I hope Ted Turner reads that when he buys his team back and promptly fires LD. I mean that thought process would be great if he told Josh that you are my SF next year, and I need you to lose 15 to 20 pounds or you will be my SF coming off the bench. If he told Al, look you have to get some post moves this summer or your playing time will be cut. If he told Joe, look I need you to work on catching and shooting all summer or you will be hurting your team and I can not afford to play people that hurt the team. Sounds like more of the same LD coming up and I just can't support that

I like that last part about the job will not be handed to him. Hawks were basically handing him the job last offseason. We saw how that worked out.

Huh? We never handed Teague anything, he sat on the bench while Bibby was still here. The only few games he did start this season was when the Hinrich trade took place.

• Premium Member

I understand the concept behind what LD is saying, but the reality is, barring a move for an already elite pg, Jeff Teague should be the starting pg for the Hawks going forward. He has more game changing ability than Kirk Hinrich and the reality is, Hinrich is not a long term solution. LD needs to afford Teague the same opportunity he does for Joe and Jamal and that is "you get to play thru your mistakes". We all say that when LD was forced to do this with Teague against the league MVP, Teague responded.

Teague showed up and played with heart. He really isnt a pg though or at the very least needs alot of work to become one. He pounds the ball like Tlue used to. Teague is more of a scoring combo guard, not a guy who can run an offense. At least not yet. He had one nice playoff series but so did Cris Crawford before Babcock gave him a 7 year deal. Proceed with caution.

• Premium Member

Huh? We never handed Teague anything, he sat on the bench while Bibby was still here. The only few games he did start this season was when the Hinrich trade took place.

Actually, we conveyed through talk that Bibby would start to take a 6th man role and Teague would start. Bibby even accepted being the guy to train his replacement. Teague could never convince the coaches to play him.

• Premium Member

Teague showed up and played with heart. He really isnt a pg though or at the very least needs alot of work to become one. He pounds the ball like Tlue used to. Teague is more of a scoring combo guard, not a guy who can run an offense. At least not yet. He had one nice playoff series but so did Cris Crawford before Babcock gave him a 7 year deal. Proceed with caution.

You don't have to be Steve Nash to be a PG. Teague falls into the same category as Parker, Harris, Williams, Rose and even Wall. He has the speed that kills and he can get to the rim and score. It's just what we need because we lack an inside presence. I think he and Hinrich would make a really good fire and Ice combo when it comes to killing teams. Hinrich is the purer PG but Teague is the guy who will torch you in the halfcourt set. He has lived up to the name Blink!!

Van Excel has been doing good work with Teague. I would give him the summer with Van Excel with the caveat that if he comes back playing as well, he will be the starter.

There's a big difference between him and Crawford. Crawford didn't have 1 series. Crawford had 1 good half. Also, Teague plays a specialized position. I'd much rather see him handling the ball than Joe or Jamal.

• Like 1