• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's plan.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Draft DeAndre Liggins 2nd round.

Bribe Cleveland to take Marvin for capspace.

Hinrich to Sacramento for Dalembert. (SNT).

Sign Reggie Evans.

Sign Crawford.

Sign Sabastian Telfair

Sign Jason Collins

Sign Wilkins

Team:

Teague/Telfair

Joe/Crawford

Smoove/Liggins/Sy

Horf/Evans

Dalembert/Zaza/Collins/Rolle

Dalemebert is the big that can do what Zaza and Collins can't. He scores and he plays excellent defense. Plus he rebounds.

Why Telfair? He's 25. He's fast. He has learned since he's been in the league. He's not great, but he should be cheap and be able to get some PT.

Why keep Craw? He's got ability. If he's hot, he's unstoppable. But I wouldn't pay more than 8 per for him.

Secretly, I love Evans. I think he would bring the toughness we lack.

Liggins and Sy represent youth at he Sf. Sy probably before Liggins... Liggins can actually play SG and allow Joe to move the the 3. As Joe gets older and the team gets faster, this is something he will have to expect.

Draft DeAndre Liggins 2nd round.

Bribe Cleveland to take Marvin for capspace.

Hinrich to Sacramento for Dalembert. (SNT).

Sign Reggie Evans.

Sign Crawford.

Sign Sabastian Telfair

Sign Jason Collins

Sign Wilkins

Team:

Teague/Telfair

Joe/Crawford

Smoove/Liggins/Sy

Horf/Evans

Dalembert/Zaza/Collins/Rolle

Dalemebert is the big that can do what Zaza and Collins can't. He scores and he plays excellent defense. Plus he rebounds.

Why Telfair? He's 25. He's fast. He has learned since he's been in the league. He's not great, but he should be cheap and be able to get some PT.

Why keep Craw? He's got ability. If he's hot, he's unstoppable. But I wouldn't pay more than 8 per for him.

Secretly, I love Evans. I think he would bring the toughness we lack.

Liggins and Sy represent youth at he Sf. Sy probably before Liggins... Liggins can actually play SG and allow Joe to move the the 3. As Joe gets older and the team gets faster, this is something he will have to expect.

Sac already has two pg's. Why would they want Hinrich? He's expiring, but I dont think they're looking for cap space. And the only way Jamal plays backup 2 guard is if LD is outta here. Remember, he thinnks he's a pg. Edited by terrell

Sac-town is one of those teams that CAN take on more $ in a trade than they dish out cuz I believe they were only at 78% of the salary-cap during the season...

I like Dalembert; I think he's soft, but he's a decent C in the East... I'd rather have D-Cousins or Jason Thompson, or hell, the guy we should've taken with the 1st pick in the 2nd round, Hassan Whiteside.

Have I mentioned it before that the ASG is a JOKE; a bumbling bunch of moronic idiots that wouldn't know their asses from a group of holes in the ground?

Michael Gearon Jr's smug replies on 680 the Fan last week make me want to PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE;

"Some writers (Bradley/AJC) just can't seem to let go of the fact that we drafted Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul & Deron Williams; what have those guys done in the playoffs? Marvin has helped get this team to the 2nd round three years in a row... We believe in Marvin, the fans should too"

In the words of Napolean Dynamite: What a friggin' IDIOT!

• Like 1

Sac-town is one of those teams that CAN take on more $ in a trade than they dish out cuz I believe they were only at 78% of the salary-cap during the season...

I like Dalembert; I think he's soft, but he's a decent C in the East... I'd rather have D-Cousins or Jason Thompson, or hell, the guy we should've taken with the 1st pick in the 2nd round, Hassan Whiteside.

Have I mentioned it before that the ASG is a JOKE; a bumbling bunch of moronic idiots that wouldn't know their asses from a group of holes in the ground?

Michael Gearon Jr's smug replies on 680 the Fan last week make me want to PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE;

"Some writers (Bradley/AJC) just can't seem to let go of the fact that we drafted Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul & Deron Williams; what have those guys done in the playoffs? Marvin has helped get this team to the 2nd round three years in a row... We believe in Marvin, the fans should too"

Please don't tell me that Michael Gearon said something like that on the air. Please tell me that you're making that up.

And these clowns wonder why so many people stay away from their arena?

The ASG does just enough to make the average fan think their building a winner but for the hardcore fan we all know better. This team as run its course and if the ASG think they need to add just 1 or 2 pieces or things will improve based on Drew's 2nd yr without moves they are delusionial. I'm so tired of this current group (Marvin,JJ mostly) and its obvious major moves need to be made. I don't mind taking a step back and maybe trading Horford or Smoove either of an established big or draft choice that as high potential. Every year the Hawks have no inside game and you live by the sword and die by it trying to rely on outside shots all the time. Better defensive teams will slow your plan a game down so you really need both an inside and outside game.

What's the use of JJ when he can't do it in the playoffs. Get rid of him and his big contract. Marvin is the same and adds no value at a position that most teams get stats from. Sometimes taking a step back is better than continuing the same round 2 and out course the Hawks are in right now.

Edited by thescout5

...Michael Gearon Jr's smug replies on 680 the Fan last week make me want to PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE;

"Some writers (Bradley/AJC) just can't seem to let go of the fact that we drafted Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul & Deron Williams; what have those guys done in the playoffs? Marvin has helped get this team to the 2nd round three years in a row... We believe in Marvin, the fans should too"...

Surely he's just lying to the media, and maybe hoping that other teams will buy into it (fat chance)...if not, he is beyond delusional.

Plus...what's up with bringing the fans into it? "We believe in Marvin, the fans should too" ?? That's CRAZY talk! Is he setting it up in his mind somehow that if Marvin fails it will be partly the fault of the fans for not "believing enough". Nuts.

If these losers do sell the Hawks, I fully expect to see quotes in the media about how they did "everything they could to bring quality NBA entertainment to Atlanta"..and we are somehow bad fans due to our ability to grasp their obvious ineptitude. :angry:

• Like 1

Brother I was listening to Gearon during that interview as well when I was driving home last week. I almost drove off the road at the incredible spin that he was putting on the drafting of Marvin. I completely lost what little respect I had for these group of asshats when he took us for idiots to believe he had a real point. I mean I understand he can't come out and say that Marvin is a bust but there is a way of saying in so many words that you might have done things differently in hindsight. I'm glad someone brought this up because I meant to post something about it but forgot.

Solid plan Diesel. Shopping Marvin Williams when he is due 8M over the next three years will be tough. CLE may be a viable trading partner. They may do a Marvin Williams for Varajeo deal? The salaries are fairly close and Marvin's deal ends a year earlier. Right now their concern is building for the future and perhaps Varajeo could be available.

1. Make a play for Nick Young. WAS is said to definitely tender Nick Young. They are looking for a physical Center to backup Javale Mcgee. They are also looking for another SG.

S-n-T involving Zaza for Nick Young. Resign Jason Collins. Resign Damien Wilkins

2. Marvin Williams traded to CLE for the rights to Anderson Varajeo.

3. Sign Delonte West. He is a bargain for what I consider a still very productive player at just over 1M. I would offer him 1.5M.

4. Sign Chuck Hayes. Sticking with the theme of being undersized, Hayes could give us a physical presence. He is also one of the best post defenders in the NBA. The combo of he and Collins would give guys like D12 fits.

5. Sign TMac. Tmac on a relevant team would maybe sell a few more jerseys. He could also play solid minutes as a reserve SF on a contending team for cheap.

PG Jeff Teague (1.57M)

SG Joe Johnson (18M)

SF Josh Smith (12.5M)

PF Anderson Varajeo (7.9M)

C Al Horford (12M)

Kirk Hinrich (8M)

Nick Young (4M)

Delonte West (1.5)

Chuck Hayes (1.9M)

Tracy Mcgrady (1.3M)

Jason Collins (1.29M)

Damien Wilkins (.75M)

Magnum Rolle (.5M)

Total Salary: 71.21M

This would go into the tax so I seriously doubt ASG or MGjr would consider such changes. It would definitely be a contending team though. I know there is no way it happens but it is fun to speculate.

I know it is all a pipe dream of mine. There is also no telling how the new CBA will effect things, but I think this team would be a definite contender. With no 1st round pick, I think they should just sell their 2nd round pick for whatever they can get.

Surely he's just lying to the media, and maybe hoping that other teams will buy into it (fat chance)...if not, he is beyond delusional.

Plus...what's up with bringing the fans into it? "We believe in Marvin, the fans should too" ?? That's CRAZY talk! Is he setting it up in his mind somehow that if Marvin fails it will be partly the fault of the fans for not "believing enough". Nuts.

If these losers do sell the Hawks, I fully expect to see quotes in the media about how they did "everything they could to bring quality NBA entertainment to Atlanta"..and we are somehow bad fans due to our ability to grasp their obvious ineptitude. :angry:

Agreed, Gearon may pull the wool over average fans but the hard core fans know better. Marvin takes time from someone else that should be on the floor. The contracts of JJ and Marvin are hurting us but there is a will there is a way. Take some other teams bad players contracts and a change of scenery will help? If not trying to get expiring contracts to give the Hawks cap space. The defense as to improve if you ever want to win a championship. I don't thing ASG does but we have to hope some one buys the team.

Edited by thescout5

Diesel - I have been a Reggie Evans fan for a long time and have been hoping the Hawks would at least try to acquire him! Evans is a rebounding machine and I have felt for a long time that rebounding (or the lack of) has been one of the Hawks major problems over the past several years. Not only does Reggie Evans rebound but like you mentioned in your post he would bring some much needed toughness to the team. Evans would not bring a lot of offense (in fact he would bring very little!) to the Hawks but I think the Hawks have enough players who can score so I would not think that would be such a problem.

Brother I was listening to Gearon during that interview as well when I was driving home last week. I almost drove off the road at the incredible spin that he was putting on the drafting of Marvin. I completely lost what little respect I had for these group of asshats when he took us for idiots to believe he had a real point. I mean I understand he can't come out and say that Marvin is a bust but there is a way of saying in so many words that you might have done things differently in hindsight. I'm glad someone brought this up because I meant to post something about it but forgot.

They may not be bright enough to see this, but comments like Gearon's are one of the main reasons why so many folks refuse to spend $$$ on this team. How can anyone take this team seriously after an interview like that?

As someone stated earlier, this team always seem to have a 'Marvin' on the roster, in the form of a guy who was taken ahead of someone they should've picked, shows enough flashes in his contract year to get resigned to a cap-killing deal, only to lack the heart, desire, and 'want to' to warrant the paycheck he's getting. See Jon Koncak, Alan Henderson, and now, Marvin. I know that other teams bomb in the draft but the difference between them and our team is that the good teams find a way to jettison the dead weight before handing him an eight-figure extension (see the Bulls and Tyrus Thomas). They don't allow themselves to become blinded after he puts up a 19/6 game against some jabronie who'll likely be watching the playoffs with you and me; they know that is only a mirage. Somehow, the guys running our team always seem to fall for the okie-doke...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

I wish that we could trade Marvin right now, he was the wrong pick for us because we needed a PG...but what do you expect Gearon to say, that it was a mistake taking him and he is a bum. He is still on the team and if he wants to trade him he will only lower his value even more if he dogs him.

• Moderators

Agreed, Gearon may pull the wool over average fans but the hard core fans know better. Marvin takes time from someone else that should be on the floor. The contracts of JJ and Marvin are hurting us but there is a will there is a way. Take some other teams bad players contracts and a change of scenery will help? If not trying to get expiring contracts to give the Hawks cap space. The defense as to improve if you ever want to win a championship. I don't thing ASG does but we have to hope some one buys the team.

That statement is so ridiculous it doesn't fool the most fair weather fan. That is just asinine. I could see an argument along the lines that "the draft is in the past, those guys aren't Hawks, and we believe in Marvin as a part of our future" but to imply that the draft decision was fine because the Hawks have been further in the playoffs than the Hornets is just mind-boggling.