• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

while we're all sitting around hating on the Hawks and each other...

gsuteke

The NBA lotto show is on and I couldn't care less. If you've been a Squawker long enough you'll remember tonight used to be the most exciting part of being an Atlanta Hawks fan.

Screw that and good riddance....

It didn't end ideally but it was a good ride this year....

• Like 2

I still love to see us picking in the lottery, cause that's always a hell of a lot of fun and very exciting, especially when your name doesn't get picked right away and the tension mounts. That's good stuff, as well as thinking and talking about who we might get with that pick. So I love the lottery, but I would obviously only want the team to participate in it if they trade their way in there and not play their way in.

• Moderators

Pity LeBron isn't in this draft... :boxing: :bb:

Yeah - talk about the difference between a draft with Lebron, Duncan or Shaq versus a draft with Glenn Robinson, Michael Olowokandi or Kwame Brown as the topic prospect.

I still love to see us picking in the lottery, cause that's always a hell of a lot of fun and very exciting, especially when your name doesn't get picked right away and the tension mounts. That's good stuff, as well as thinking and talking about who we might get with that pick. So I love the lottery, but I would obviously only want the team to participate in it if they trade their way in there and not play their way in.

I want nothing to do with the lottery. I won't compare us to a team that has won a title since we haven't won anything so I'll compare us to the Dallas Mavericks. Hey baby, just give me a chance every year.

I want nothing to do with the lottery. I won't compare us to a team that has won a title since we haven't won anything so I'll compare us to the Dallas Mavericks. Hey baby, just give me a chance every year.

You have a point, but man I sure would like a bone fide upper echelon player on the Hawks for once. A guy who can score and defend while commanding the refs respect. A guy who can put the Hawks on the map. But, most of all A GUY WHO CAN GET US OUT OF THE FREAKIN' 2ND ROUND!

You have a point, but man I sure would like a bone fide upper echelon player on the Hawks for once. A guy who can score and defend while commanding the refs respect. A guy who can put the Hawks on the map. But, most of all A GUY WHO CAN GET US OUT OF THE FREAKIN' 2ND ROUND!

It seems we're in the same position as a franchise as we were with Lenny Wilkins and the last years of the Mookie/Smittie era. We knew we were going to make it to the playoffs but also knew we didn't have the pieces to get us over the 2nd round hump. A defensive center and another legitimate offensive weapon to replace Marvin with and we could be true championship contenders.

Hawks non lottery picks have been better than lottery picks for the most part: Lottery - Acie, Sheldon, Marvin, Chilz, Al. Non Lottery - Jeff and Mr. Nobody. and pretty sure Josh was out of the lottery. I'd rather not be in the lottery.