• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebuilding Period

reeballin4

We have to rebuild around our core players of Teague, JJ, Smoove, and Horford. I agree that we need a true center (DeAndre Jordan), and we have to let go of Crawford, Marvin, and possibly Hinrich. Their contracts absorb too much cap space. People complain about JJ's contract but he's still our best player. Crawford's run with us was great but he will want too much money and we can replace him with a player like Shannon Brown who has ties in Atl. I have no complaints with Hinrich's play but his contract is using too much cap space. Marvin needs to be traded, we probably won't get much in return but he has to go. We also need a spot up shooter (Dequan Cook)

Teauge is our future pg, he has the ability to be in the second tier of pgs in the league and even better - (Jennings, Conley, Harris)

JJ - our "star" player best offensive player

Smoove - most talented player and I think he will finally come into his own next season.

Horford - team leader and fairly consistent player

FA: Shannon Brown, DeAndre Jordan, Dequan Cook

• Like 2

before I say what I'm about to, I gotta say that I can't stand Marvin. His goofy *ss fast breaks, his terrible hands, his way of getting blocked by smaller players, the list goes on....

but one thing that hasn't been brought up is what would happen to his confidence if given a larger role? I.e. moving one of Smoove/Horf to get a prime time center or pg -- lying more of the forward responsibility on Marvin.

He has always been a 5th or 6th option.... just something to think about because we clearly won't get diddly squat back for him so maybe get fair trade value for someone else and see if he takes it more seriously if given a bigger role

before I say what I'm about to, I gotta say that I can't stand Marvin. His goofy *ss fast breaks, his terrible hands, his way of getting blocked by smaller players, the list goes on....

but one thing that hasn't been brought up is what would happen to his confidence if given a larger role? I.e. moving one of Smoove/Horf to get a prime time center or pg -- lying more of the forward responsibility on Marvin.

He has always been a 5th or 6th option.... just something to think about because we clearly won't get diddly squat back for him so maybe get fair trade value for someone else and see if he takes it more seriously if given a bigger role

He's had his chance.

we really need that one knockdown shooter either off the bench or at the 3. every team that is left has one (or two). korver, dirk/peja/jet, cook, james jones.

I'm not sure who is available that fits that, but I'd like to see a list.

I just saw you list cook above. He would help us a lot off the bench. If teague could get to the rim consistently with cook spotting up, good things should happen.

• Premium Member

A rebuilding process that includes JJ and Horford is destine to fail. I've seen enough! I'm done with this precious core.

Who is our core? No more of this b*llshit about Josh finally getting it and will be better next year. No more hoping that JJ will play like a superstar. No more waiting on Horf to be dominant. No more questions about Marvin finally stepping up. We should be through with the guessing games and the "what ifs". We need to know who we are. We went to battle and we saw who showed up. Say what you want to about Marvin but he won the Orlando series for us. We would have lost if he didn't come through with. We would have not won game 7 in Orlando.

1. Too many jumpshooters

2. Our frontcourt plays soft

3. Or dependable scorere (Jamal, JJ) are streaky

I am telling you for us to move forward it has to be Josh Smith or Al Horford that is moved. You have to start at the top. I prefer Josh Smith because there are just too many questions about him. I don't want to roll the dice again with him.

If we would have played Teague more during the season maybe we could have gotten something better for Bibby, JC2, and a 1st round pick. I have no problem with Hinrich but you have to think it was stupid not to give him steady minutes during the season.

+1 reeballin4, even though this is not a new topic, I don't mind hearing different takes on it right now...Here's mine:

We do need a refreshing feel on this team, but I agree, Josh shouldn't be traded. At least not in this offseason. He is still the face of the Hawks to most casual fans and he is potentially the most talented/versatile with the most potential on our team. I think the Hawks should at least let him work this summer and come into the season and show where his head is at. If this is the season that he starts to put it all together, LOOK OUT!!! And, if its not, we will still plenty of intringuing offers by the deadline. Let me say that again clearly...

We should not rush to trade Josh because there will be offers for him now, later at the deadline, and again after next season!!! No need to rush unless we're getting a CP3, Deron, Dwight, or maybe even Montae.

As for Free Agency, the goal is obviously to go hard after one of the centers: Dalembert, Nene (opting out), Chandler, and less likely M. Gasol and D. Jordan...Then we have to add a J-Rich, JR, or Shannon Brown to bring energy and scoring to the bench, especially if Jamal is not being resigned...

Afterwards, the HAWKS must look to trade/shed the contracts Marvin and Hinrich to make cap room and add a productive slasher/shooter off the bench...

Edited by y2kenta

I wish Atlanta had the cap space for D. Jordan but truth be told not many playoff teams will have much cap room at all. I personally think D. Jordan gets more then the MLE.........espcially consiering the 30 year old Haywood got $9 mill per for 5 years last season.

With Jordan being so young he will probably get a 5 year $45 mill deal too in my opinion. All the Hawks will have is the MLE if the league even keeps the MLE in the next CBA. All the talk is that owners want a hard cap with fewer exceptions to stop the payroll inflation that has increased each season for the past few decades.

We have to rebuild around our core players of Teague, JJ, Smoove, and Horford. I agree that we need a true center (DeAndre Jordan), and we have to let go of Crawford, Marvin, and possibly Hinrich. Their contracts absorb too much cap space. People complain about JJ's contract but he's still our best player. Crawford's run with us was great but he will want too much money and we can replace him with a player like Shannon Brown who has ties in Atl. I have no complaints with Hinrich's play but his contract is using too much cap space. Marvin needs to be traded, we probably won't get much in return but he has to go. We also need a spot up shooter (Dequan Cook)

Teauge is our future pg, he has the ability to be in the second tier of pgs in the league and even better - (Jennings, Conley, Harris)

JJ - our "star" player best offensive player

Smoove - most talented player and I think he will finally come into his own next season.

Horford - team leader and fairly consistent player

FA: Shannon Brown, DeAndre Jordan, Dequan Cook

Opportunity missed. They should have made the decision that their core was Josh and Al last year and let Joe walk.