• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keith Benson reminds me of LaMarcus Aldridge

AnthonyI11

Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I just watched a lot of video on him and Aldridge was the first person that came to mind. He can range out to the 3pt line just like Aldridge and he has a nice face up game in the post. Also, he's a pretty solid help defender and rebounder. I'll admit I hated this pick when I first heard it, but after watching some video i'm seeing a LaMarcus type player. Comes into the league very skinny.. but has a lot of skills. He needs to put some weight on and maybe he can develop into that type player.

Thoughts?

Edited by AnthonyI11

It is wishful thinking.

This is a low 2nd round pick. Comparing him to guys drafted in the lottery is unfair to Benson. He's a big man with a nice jumper and some shot blocking ability. A guy that used to kill people in college ( Shelden Williams ) turned out to be a bust.

Not saying that he'll be Shelden. But history shows he has a greater chance of being a bust like most 2nd round big men, than anything even close to resembling Aldridge in the pros

• Moderators

It is wishful thinking.

Agreed. That is an unfair comparison. I though Aldridge should have gone #1 overall that year. Benson went in the second half of the second round in a weak draft. He was probably about the 16th big man taken, compared with Aldridge being the 2nd (if you can call Bargnani a big man).