• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's have fun with it: Talk of a Mystery Buyer.

Diesel

• Premium Member

There's rumors of a mystery buyer...

Who do you think it is...

I'll start us off:

My guess is a group headed by Shaq, Barkley, Diddy, Boris Kodjoe, Nique & Jermaine Dupree.

After years of watching the keystone copness of the various ownerships in Atlanta, Dupree calls his boys Shaq and Barkley. Barkley admits that he was a fan of the Hawks since his days in Rural AL and all they could get was the Superstation. Shaq reveals that he really wanted to play for Atlanta Last year and have the irony of a player buying the team he plays for this year. Diddy says that he can't afford to buy the Knicks so in order to keep up with Jay-Z, Nellie, and Usher is to buy a part of the Hawks.

Shaq promises that the fans will have a party at every homegame.

Diddy promises that the team will have NY Swag.

Barkley promises smart moves in the front office.

Dupree Promises star studded homegames.

Shaq also promises that we will be the most watched organization in the league!

Why in God's name would you associate Chuck with "smart moves" in the front office? lol. Other than that, creative and fun to think about. lol.

Why in God's name would you associate Chuck with "smart moves" in the front office? lol. Other than that, creative and fun to think about. lol.

Everything I heard is ASG want to keep the team for good. I don't know what's changed but we will see. They aren't afraid to spend but even Paul Allen wouldn't spend in Atlanta situation right now.

• Moderators

Everything I heard is ASG want to keep the team for good.

They didn't say that. They just said the team isn't on the market right now. It is like a house that was on the market, the best they got was a modest but unspectacular offer, they took it, the sale fell through and now the buyer isn't putting the house publicly on the market immediately again.

Everything I heard is ASG want to keep the team for good. I don't know what's changed but we will see. They aren't afraid to spend but even Paul Allen wouldn't spend in Atlanta situation right now.

Um.. they just tried to sell the team. In fact, they thought they had. There's no better indicator (IMO) that the owners want out, and good for us!

I'm not finding that on AJC. We need a new owner. Not sure how soon that could be completed.

If there is a new buyer my money is on Magic Johnson.

Why Magic?? Explain please because that excites me

• Moderators

So why did he sell his stake in the Lakers about a year ago? Johnson figured that "his plan to have a much bigger voice with a larger stake in ownership would not happen" with the Lakers, NBA.com reports, so he moved on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Might-Magic-Johnson-be-interested-in-Dodgers-?urn=nba-412241

Does Magic really want a baseball team? No.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nba-412241

Does Magic really want a baseball team? No.

How cool would it be to Have a ownership of Magic and Wilkins....You tell me those guys would not do what they had to do to put a winner on the court

They didn't say that. They just said the team isn't on the market right now. It is like a house that was on the market, the best they got was a modest but unspectacular offer, they took it, the sale fell through and now the buyer isn't putting the house publicly on the market immediately again.

Nope, I haven't heard much this off-season from Atlanta personally but that's the one thing I heard. ASG plans on keeping the team for good. That's the one thing I've personally heard.

• Moderators

Nope, I haven't heard much this off-season from Atlanta personally but that's the one thing I heard. ASG plans on keeping the team for good. That's the one thing I've personally heard.

Call me skeptical of that. If you have the inside scoop on this, why the change of heart?

Call me skeptical of that. If you have the inside scoop on this, why the change of heart?

I asked but didn't get a straight answer, rarely do when it's from ASG. You have a right to be skeptical but that's what I got for now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

If there's another, more appropriate answer to what is clearly more blatant hogwash coming from those incompetent clowns, please clue me in. I'm all ears.

Back when the ASG was actively shopping the Hawks, I made a joke that the new ownership group should be Oprah - Tyler Perry - and Diddy . . with the new name, the AEC ( Atlanta Entertainment Conglomerate ).

Oprah would have the dough, and become the first female majority owner in the league. A good look for her, since her network is failing.

Diddy would add the flash and entertainment flare to the franchise. I'm sure with Jay-Z being a part owner of the Nets, he may be interested in his own team.

Tyler would bring in the Christian families, and have another media vehicle to promote his movies.

If you want to add Nique to this mix, as the basketball "face of the franchise", then go right ahead.

Hopefully their first move would be to fire Rick Sund, and hire Steve Smith as GM. IF they make a coaching move, make a major play for Doc Rivers.