• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offered for CP3

Joker

that's exactly right. No matter who trades for him he won't be signing a contract until next summer. So all the teams are in the same boat its just who is willing to risk him bolting in free agency.

Not true. Completely not true. NY isn't a better team than us now and if we land CP3 with Horford and Joe with Okafor. He would be stupid otherwise, all CP3 wants to do is win no matter what. It's all about the horses. He doesn't have any in NO. In Atlanta, with have three horses but no Jockey.

Most of the teams, that would be the case which is why GS and LAC aren't doing the deal. Gordon is far too steep of a price for CP3 in their eyes and CP3 just isn't resigning with GS. Atlanta is likely the only team who might take the risk. Houston will but look at Houston, they are a team of role players, no impact players on that team. K. Martin maybe but that's it.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Even though the BYC has been eliminated, the BYC is still in effect this year this Jan 15. So Horford, Noah, Durant cannot be traded till Jan 15. If CP3 is traded to the Hawks, So BYC players can't be traded not even by the old rules where 50% of the salary wouldn't go thought.

http://www.freep.com...ining-agreement

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Admin

While I can't see the Lakers getting both, bear in mind that a lot of the things that were supposed to stop player movement like this won't really be in effect until year 3 of the contract (most notably the stiffer LT penalties and sign and trade restrictions). So you really can't get a good sense of whether stars will keep doing this under the new CBA until at least year 3.

Agreed, I can't see the Lakers getting both. They do not have the assets to get both. Odom is nothing special and Gasol and Bynum will not get you both Paul and Howard

• Premium Member

If the Hawks send Teague and JS for Paul and Okafor then I believe that will put Atlanta past the second round. Okafor and rebound and play defense, in addition unlike Horford he plays under the basket. Paul, of course is a all star player and would really open up the court for the Hawks. JJ would really benefit from Paul because he could not be double teamed all the time.

The hesitation is that the ASG has never pulled the trigger on a major deal. I would take the risk in acquiring Paul and the only other teams and players I hear involved do not add up to Teague and JS IMO.

This is the best deal for the Hornets.

If the Hawks send Teague and JS for Paul and Okafor then I believe that will put Atlanta past the second round. Okafor and rebound and play defense, in addition unlike Horford he plays under the basket. Paul, of course is a all star player and would really open up the court for the Hawks. JJ would really benefit from Paul because he could not be double teamed all the time.

The hesitation is that the ASG has never pulled the trigger on a major deal. I would take the risk in acquiring Paul and the only other teams and players I hear involved do not add up to Teague and JS IMO.

This is the best deal for the Hornets.

What makes you think Teague won't light it up next year like he did in the 2nd round? If he does he's comparable to CP3 and JS is better than Okafor.

Agreed, I can't see the Lakers getting both. They do not have the assets to get both. Odom is nothing special and Gasol and Bynum will not get you both Paul and Howard

You wouldn't think so but if Orlando isn't sold on full-blown rebuilding, they might bite on the something like this....

Lakers get CP3, D12, and Arenas

Magic get Pau, Odom, and Okafor

Hornets get Bynum, Brandon Bass, and Steve Blake

Lakers

Paul/Fisher/Arenas

Kobe/Brown

WorldPeace/Walton/Ebanks

???/Caracter

Howard/????

Magic

Nelson/Duhon

JRich/Reddick

Odom/Turk/QRich

Pau/Anderson

???/Orton

Hornets

Jack/Blake

???/

Ariza/Pondexter/Ewing Jr.

Bass/

Bynum/Andersen

You wouldn't think so but if Orlando isn't sold on full-blown rebuilding, they might bite on the something like this....

Lakers get CP3, D12, and Arenas

Magic get Pau, Odom, and Okafor

Hornets get Bynum, Brandon Bass, and Steve Blake

Lakers

Paul/Fisher/Arenas

Kobe/Brown

WorldPeace/Walton/Ebanks

???/Caracter

Howard/????

Magic

Nelson/Duhon

JRich/Reddick

Odom/Turk/QRich

Pau/Anderson

???/Orton

Hornets

Jack/Blake

???/

Ariza/Pondexter/Ewing Jr.

Bass/

Bynum/Andersen

You know Orlando is not touching that in a 1 million years.

What makes you think Teague won't light it up next year like he did in the 2nd round? If he does he's comparable to CP3 and JS is better than Okafor.

He probably will light it up, Jordan went to scrub team with far less ability and talent and had 40 pts and a triple double. Who cares if Teague will light it up, we all know he has talent but he is not really ready to lead a team who is trying to make it to the ECF much less NBA Finals yet.

Teague and JS will probably have better stats than anyone on this team in NO but they won't win many games.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Admin

Teague is probably going to have a breakout season but he is scorer. He does not have an impact like Paul and doesn't make his teammates better. JT will be a good player in this league but Paul is special.

This is from Yahoo! Sports minutes ago:

"New Orleans strongly engaged with CLIPPERS, WARRIORS and CELTICS in trade talks for Chris Paul on Tuesday, league sources tell Y!"

And..

"Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say."

A full article is expected shortly, I'll let y'all know if I catch something more in there. But it seems more and more likely that the Hawks are falling behind in the race for Paul, but as some have said on this board, all it takes is one juicy deal to be offered up that might sway the Hornets.

• Admin

"New Orleans strongly engaged with CLIPPERS, WARRIORS and CELTICS in trade talks for Chris Paul on Tuesday, league sources tell Y!"

And..

"Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say."

A full article is expected shortly, I'll let y'all know if I catch something more in there. But it seems more and more likely that the Hawks are falling behind in the race for Paul, but as some have said on this board, all it takes is one juicy deal to be offered up that might sway the Hornets.

THe Hawks have always kept their wheeling and dealing behind closed doors until the deal happens. These are just rumors and I wouldn't worry about it. If we have a package that will work for the Hornets then a deal might happen.

THe Hawks have always kept their wheeling and dealing behind closed doors until the deal happens. These are just rumors and I wouldn't worry about it. If we have a package that will work for the Hornets then a deal might happen.

That's a great point, during these times all you hear is "sources say this" or "sources say that", but all of it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I read some further elaboration on the Y! Sports article about this, and all I could really gather is that the Hornets would like to get something done by Friday (start of free agency/training camp). Also, the Rockets and Mavericks were listed but as serious longshots, no mention of the Hawks.

And..

Wojo has been wrong too much of late. For starters.

1. GS been trying to land a center like Nene, Chandler, and Gasol but the centers all are either staying like Nene and Gasol or have options they like more like Tyson or Nene if he wanted to leave he wants to play with Hibbert in Indy but at PF. Nene wants to be a PF, he doesn't want to bang anymore. Denver is promising him that with Mosgov starting. GS is 2nd for Chandler and 3rd for Nene and DNP for Gasol. They aren't landing anyone.

2. Clippers are loading up so they can trade for Dwight at ASB. They gave up on CP3 unless they are willing to deal him for Minny draft pick which is highly unlikely since NO really wants Curry or Gordon.

3. Broussard is the one who knows his stuff on this. Everyone is going off of him, these team sources are garbage. LAL wants both CP3 and Dwight. Really?

I wouldn't go by any news not from Broussard. Chandler wants to play with Lopez and Deron plus he wants to play in Brooklyn. They just got that vibe, no one is even sold CP3 will resign with GS in the slightest. Even GS has their questions and will probably just hold till they draft their superstar which might happen if they keep the team in tact.

• Like 1

Horford or Smith will have to be in the equation to even get a sniff at CP3. With that said Hornets would clearly look at a combination of Josh Smith, draft picks and one of our PG to get CP3 . The Hawks should at least make an attempt at CP3. The fact is Paul will likely select the team that will best be competitive in the East, and most competitive for the NBA championship. So will CP, JJ, Marvin W, Horford and Za Za with Teague or Kirk, Benson, Papa, Magnum coming of the bench, compete with the Heat, Celtics, Mavericks or Lakers. I think we know the answer. Yikes!!

The Hawks have an offer and Hornets will review it today to make a decision.

All these teams have submitted offers from my knowledge:

Atlanta

HOU

LAL

LAC

GS

NYK

BOS

DAL

Atlanta one is anonymous

LAL one is Gasol and picks

LAC is Minny 1st, Aminu, Bledsoe

GS is Curry, Thompson, Udoh, and Wright

NYK is Billups, Fields, etc

BOS is Rondo, Bradley, LAC 1st, Bos 1st 2011.

HOS is based around Lowry and a couple other young pieces, no picks.

ORL is for clowns to not be named.

DAL one is anonymous too. Almost forgot about Dallas.

Most of these teams are trading with an intention for rental. LAL, NYK, and ATL are more so for long term. New Orleans will trade Christopher Emmanuel Paul tomorrow. Wish the Hawks luck.

I am out for the day. See you guys tomorrow. vacation1.gif

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Admin

The Hawks have an offer and Hornets will review it today to make a decision.

All these teams have submitted offers from my knowledge:

Atlanta

HOU

LAL

LAC

GS

NYK

BOS

DAL

Atlanta one is anonymous

LAL one is Gasol and picks

LAC is Minny 1st, Aminu, Bledsoe

GS is Curry, Thompson, Udoh, and Wright

NYK is Billups, Fields, etc

BOS is Rondo, Bradley, LAC 1st, Bos 1st 2011.

HOS is based around Lowry and a couple other young pieces, no picks.

ORL is for clowns to not be named.

DAL one is anonymous too. Almost forgot about Dallas.

Most of these teams are trading with an intention for rental. LAL, NYK, and ATL are more so for long term. New Orleans will trade Christopher Emmanuel Paul tomorrow. Wish the Hawks luck.

I am out for the day. See you guys tomorrow. vacation1.gif

Golden States offer is pretty awesome. Then if they turn around and trade Ellis for Gay and sign Chandler then that team will be a true contender (I think Ellis / Paul backcourt will be too small).

The only way I see someone doing better is if they also make an offer for one of New Orleans bad contracts like Okafor.

Let me see:

Boston: Rondo is good but Bradley is unknown and those draft picks are going to be in the middle to late 1st round picks. Second best trade for rental but need more for long-term

GS: If I remember correctly, Curry father (Dell Curry) use to play for Hornets (with LJ, Zo, Gill) but that is way too much to give up for a rental plus they are going to let Bierins(?) go to get Chandler with a new coach (Mark Jackson) there. This is the best trade for rental but for long-term, I dont know. Plus they might get stuck with Okafor contact too.

LAC: That Minny pick is good since we all know that MInny is going to suck this year but without Gordon or Jordan in this deal, this deal isnt all what is crack up to be. Beside they want to get into the D12 race

LAL: If was Gasol couple of years ago, then yes but right now, NO!

NYK: Next

HOR: Maybe but same Divison

DAL/ORL; Get into the Williams race

ATL: If we are secretly about this, then the package is going to be some like Jeff Teague, Josh Smith, a combination between Marvin, Zaza or even with draft picks. I think that Jeff Teague will thive until Monty Williams system(JT0 is more offense type then CP III) and Josh can be a more younger verison of David West (They will lose in FA this year). only downside that NOH wont get a 1st draft choice this year but next year they will (Age Rule becomes super important).

At the end, it is a toss-up between GS and ATL for the best package. Also a good point to remember, Teague, Josh, and any other player in ATL has been to the playoffs and most of them except NYK and BOS, so they are battle tested and still young plus controlable salaries as well.

Edited by NekiEcko

I think its a pretty much a done deal that cp3 is going to the warriors ( for this season atleast). I have read that the hornets were actually interested in this trade during the trade deadline last season. and I dont think we can beat the trading asset of a 23 year old PROVEN all star calibur pg still on his rookie contract.

The hornets said that they were gonna make their final decision on friday.

• Premium Member

I think BOS has the best package, then GSW. I hope BOS can have this done, because they won't be significantly better. IMHO, Rondo is just as good as Paul, plus he knows Rivers' system already. CP3 will need some time to adjust to it.

I don't really think ATL ever had a chance. Not if they won't take Okafro's contract back.