• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks inquire about David West

ATLHawks6

From Ken Berger of CBS Sports:

"In addition to Pacers, who've spoken with David West's reps, several non-room teams have inquired about FA forward: DAL, Spurs, MIA, ATL.... Hornets willing to let West go in sign-trade if it will get to contender and bring back an asset or two, sources say."

Who knows how realistic this really is, but what are your thoughts here?

• Premium Member

Well, in the last 48 hours, NO was reportedly at the top of Crawford's list... don't know what that means.

I could see this happening if there's another deal ready to go down... I'm still skeptical that Smoove will be with us very much longer.

The Hawks need a guy who can score in the post. West has solid post moves. West would definately improve the talent and depth.

Since he is coming off a knee injury he may have to settle for a 1 year contract to prove himself before anyone invest in him.

It would also take the sting away from a possible Josh Smith trade and you never know....... If the Hawks win the Chris Paul trade sweepstakes lotto game.............Mr. Paul has a relationship with West.

Edited by coachx

I have yet to see one reliable source report the hawks have called about cp3.... So until then these rumors are just wishful thinking by hawks fans.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7320941/chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-traded-season-sources-say

David West makes zero sense without a trade happening. CP3 and West are cool which makes sense if we are getting CP3. Same reason Golden State is going after Tyson Chandler.

West would be nice now but would make more sense if this were to happen:

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2011/12/3/2607932/john-hollinger-trade-scenario

Hawks Receive: Chris Paul, Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack, and Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive: Al Horford, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, and Jeff Teague

Per John Hollinger Insider Post:

• Moderators

http://www.peachtree...-trade-scenario

Hornets Receive: Al Horford, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, and Jeff Teague

We would be giving up too much in that one, IMO. Horford & Smith > Odom & Gasol (for a rebuilding team) and Teague is a low $$ asset. Marvin and Kirk are solid role players.

If we put this on the table already, I think NO would be foolish to have passed it up. It is basically everyone of value on our team except JJ.

It would, IMO, lead to Paul walking after a JJ, Okafor, & Paul team goes out in the second round.

http://www.peachtree...-trade-scenario

Yea, I dont think I would do that.

We would be giving up too much in that one, IMO. Horford & Smith > Odom & Gasol (for a rebuilding team) and Teague is a low $$ asset. Marvin and Kirk are solid role players.

If we put this on the table already, I think NO would be foolish to have passed it up. It is basically everyone of value on our team except JJ.

It would, IMO, lead to Paul walking after a JJ, Okafor, & Paul team goes out in the second round.

I do think it would take both Smith and Horford to get Paul now that we see the Lakers offer of Odom / Gasol. Where ever Paul winds up it will take a heck of a deal to take him. Stern has to substantiate validity to why the Laker offer of Gasol / Odom was turned down. I see Ariza as better then Marvin and Jack / Hinrich are close to a wash. It may take Teague to sweeten the pot. We end up with a serviceable starting big in Okafor. If you want a top 10 player in the league, in their prime, the cost will be great.

Paul / Jack / Sy

JJ / McGrady / Stackhouse

Ariza / McGrady

West / ZaZa / Rolle

Okafor / ZaZa / Collins / Benson

If Paul can get out to the 2nd round of the playoffs with JJ..........then perhaps he could take the next step with JJ.

With the roll of the dice on Paul one could hope the ASG would go over the tax and spend the MLE to better then team in hopes of swaying Paul to stay. If you go after a big fish like Paul you have to go all in.

Edited by coachx