• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: New York Knicks Pursuing Jamal Crawford. Maybe S&T?

DJKadafi

how do Knicks have cap for CHANDLER/MELO/AMRE and Crawford ..my gut feeling Amare on way out they going after Deron or Paul

Amare is not wanted like that. He's already known for not playing his hardest when he isn't motivated and that was with Steve Nash. With teams that suck, he would just play halfheartedly.

The NY Post says that a 3rd team who are under the cap will be involved in this deal. I'm wondering if that means we're going to try and dump some salary?http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_working_on_trade_to_bring_X88nsR7szxSK1IbIoh87LNI wouldn't mind Bill Walker in addition to Toney Douglass (who is a must have IMO) but I'd much rather have Landry Fields than Walker. Maybe we'll be getting a player(s) from that 3rd team. Hopefully we'll get some resolution soon.. but dang I love this time of year!

I'm curious how this is going to work ... Maybe we're looking to move Marvin and bringing back Lee or Biedrins?

what makes you think GS will trade Lee for Marvin Williams lol ? and where would he play here at 4 and Horford at C ..be like the same player playing lol

what makes you think GS will trade Lee for Marvin Williams lol ?and where would he play here at 4 and Horford at C ..be like the same player playing lol

Not Lee for Marvin straight up, I'm talking as part of a larger deal. Who knows what's in play here but if GS is involved who else do they have to offer us that we'd need? Maybe we're taking back Wright and trading Marvin? Maybe it's Biedrins since he could give us some decent minutes at C? Maybe it's Lee because we're looking to move Horford for Howard? I'm just guessing here as is everyone else until we get some more details.

• Premium Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_working_on_trade_to_bring_X88nsR7szxSK1IbIoh87LN

11:19 AM, December 11, 2011 ι By MARC BERMAN

The Knicks and Hawks were in active discussions today on a three-team sign-and-trade deal that would bring combo Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.

One source said the trade has a better than fifty-fifty chance of happening. The Warriors are the third team involved in the talks. But Crawford's agent, Andy Miller, told the Indianapolis Star that his client is still considering the Pacers.

Knicks guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, has been included in one scenario of the talks that began Saturday.

Crawford is one of the hotter free-agents available but the market hasn't been as strong as expected for him. The Knicks only have their $2.5 million mini exception available to offer in a two-year package - which Crawford would not accept. In the sign-and-trade proposal, there's a chance Crawford can clear over $5 million per season.

The Knicks will announce the signing today of another Hawks guard Mike Bibby but view him as a backup.

The Knicks traded Crawford three years ago to create cap room for 2010 but was a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni's.

• Premium Member

Where do you guys think the Warriors come into play? I'm hoping some sort of they get Marvin we get a pick... wishful thinking.

Knicks blogger says, "Deal for Crawford, whom D'Antoni loved before Nov. 08 trade, would include team with cap space to help facilitate deal."

Maybe something like..Douglas and Biedrins to ATLBalkman, Walker, and Hinrich to GSWCrawford to NYKThis would add something like 2m (just barely below luxury?) to the Hawks payroll and would clear enough money for the Knicks to get Crawford at something close to 5m. It would clear 9m off the GSW payroll next year instead of a few years down the road and they kind of need a defensive combo guard. We'd just have to hope that Biedrins returns to form and that Douglas and McGrady can replace Hinrich.Of course this means we wouldn't have Hinrich coming off the books next year so we'd be in danger of being in tax territory next year for sure.The more I think about it the more I think that maybe GS is just taking Balkman and Walker and we're just getting Douglas and the Knicks will get Crawford. Maybe a second round pick somewhere for GS.

• Premium Member

The Knicks, Hawks and Warriors were in talks Sunday on a three-team sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta and Golden State that would bring combo guard Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.

Although a source thought it had a better than 50-50 chance of happening, one person familiar with the Knicks thinking said they will not include guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, in a Crawford package, which would seem to lower the chances of this going down.

Crawford is one of the top free agents available but the market hasn't been strong for him. The Knicks have offered Crawford their $2.5 million mini exception which he has rejected. Crawford prefers a sign-and-trade so he can make upwards of $5 million per season.

Agent Andy Miller told the Indy Star Crawford is still considering the Pacers.

One person familiar with the Knicks thinking said Douglas is the club's starting point guard and they don't want to give him up in this scenario for Crawford. It is possible the Knicks are also being used to drive Crawford's market value up elsewhere.

Meanwhile the Knicks announced the signing today of another Hawks guard Mike Bibby and view him as Douglas' backup.

The Knicks traded Crawford three years ago to create cap room for 2010 but was a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni's. Crawford has tweeted his interest in the Knicks this morning.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_working_on_trade_to_bring_X88nsR7szxSK1IbIoh87LN#ixzz1gFn0u0h7