• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan Johnson

RT3

Sign him!

He did a lot of the intangibles in tonight's game. Played hard, got rebounds, scored buckets, went for loose balls, dove on the ground, etc. Would be a great back up to Horf or Smoove.

Agreed! A 27 year old guy who has never done much and now has a decent game against Charlotte's backups deserves to be plugged right into our system as a solid backup!

(sarcasm)

Our bench is going to be a problem.

Edited by DJlaysitup

He looked good but I'll pass.

Sund's found an absolute gem in this Ivan Johnson guy.

He's that blue collar guy we've been missing off the bench to pair up with Zaza. The two of them are gonna make a hell of tandem this season.

I've never heard of the teams he's played for on his profile (odd abbreviations)...impressive that he has been able to keep playing basketball for a living this long though.

6-8, 230 and hustles...hmmmm...why not.

Agreed! A 27 year old guy who has never done much and now has a decent game against Charlotte's backups deserves to be plugged right into our system as a solid backup!

(sarcasm)

Negative 'Know it All' Nancy Strikes again! lol

• Moderators

http://www.draftexpr...n-Johnson-5437/

Givony's D-League review of IJ from earlier this year.

~lw3

http://special.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/sports/25823959-41/points-games-league-johnson-season.csp

More on his "anger management" issues which I imagine has mellowed with time and cold reality. Banned from Korea! LOL

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

http://www.draftexpr...n-Johnson-5437/

Givony's D-League review of IJ from earlier this year.

~lw3

http://special.regis...nson-season.csp

More on his "anger management" issues which I imagine has mellowed with time and cold reality. Banned from Korea! LOL

~lw3

WOW - that's interesting reading...really makes you wonder. If the author is correct and he really is that good - it would be a shame to pass on him just because he is a dangerous lunatic. crazy.gif

• Like 1

If story is true, I say we definitely need to sign him. We have too many choir boys. We need a rough n tumble guy. Make other teams feel his presense. He can't be any worse than "the poet" or the long neck dude (can't remember name) we got in Hinrich trade,

(sarcasm)

Sometimes, u find a diamond when you least expect it. Look up Gary Neal who played a significant role for San Antonio last season. Same age as Ivan. Not saying ivan will be any good, but you never know.

Well Ben Wallace wasn't known until like 2003 which was like 6 or 7 years into his career when he was 28 and then guess wat. He became DPOY

So miss me with that Bullsh*t sarcasm

I certainly don't mind disagreement - but at least know what you are talking about...or check.

Ben Wallace came out of Va. Union and was a rookie at age 22. It did take him a couple years to get good playing time.

He really made it as a starter at age 25 when he started 81 games. He started 80 games as a 26 year old and had the first of his four consecutive 1000+ rebound years.

When he was 27 he had 1052 rebounds (his highest career total) and was an established force in the league.

Whether he was "known" - by you - doesn't matter.

(and that's not made up Bullsh*t or sarcasm kickcan.gif )

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1