• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to get rid of Josh

MoBetta

He seemed to have somehow surpassed the subjective jumper tally that I had in my head.....

82games hasn't updated through last night but so far he's attempting 10% more jumpers this season (73% of his offense being so) than last ("only" 63% of his offense being jumpers) and hitting them at an abysmal .276 efg%. Sigh.

Haha this article is ridiculous. It blames Josh taking jumpers for the loss? How about Larry Drew keeping our bench in the game until our 18 point lead had been cut to five? How about the 55% free throw shooting? How about Pargo being burned over and over again in the 3rd by Rose? They seem to forget about Josh blocking 2 Derrick Rose LAYUPS that were sure points. Forgot about the 3 rebs and 3/4 shooting in the fourth quarter. Josh scored 7 of our 18 4th quarter points. Like I said earlier, I'm just glad we've got a guy on the team that wants to be playing in the fourth quarter during a close game.

• Like 2

So the pendulum swings from "we need to get rid of Josh" back to "Josh sparked the whole team and was the best player in the last two wins."

The guy makes you pull your hair out sometimes, but you can't deny he keeps things lively around here with his play that can go from both extremes of the spectrum. When he goes all out with the floor running and basket protection, theres no one else in the league like him.

• Like 1

I question some of you guys' assessment on Smoove aka the heartbeat of this team. He's the only one that plays with passion on our team. He's a defensive nightmare and a work horse in the paint. What was his stat line again? 25pts 5rebs 5ast 6blks and you blame our transgressions on this guy?!! Please!! That's what I call a winner and allstar!! Smh #fools

Edited by Dolfan23
Knock off the personal insults
  • Like 2

I question some of you guys' assessment on Smoove aka the heartbeat of this team. He's the only one that plays with passion on our team. He's a defensive nightmare and a work horse in the paint. What was his stat line again? 25pts 5rebs 5ast 6blks and you blame our transgressions on this guy?!! Please!! That's what I call a winner and allstar!! Smh #fools

Smith will not make the All Star team unless someone gets hurt.

We have enough historical data on Josh to know what to expect. Games like last night's happen about once every 10 to 15 games. Games where Josh takes repeated jumpers and refuses to play inside happen much more often. That's the reality. The real problem comes during the playoffs when Josh decides to play stupid for 3,4 games. By then the series is over.

• Like 1

We have enough historical data on Josh to know what to expect. Games like last night's happen about once every 10 to 15 games. Games where Josh takes repeated jumpers and refuses to play inside happen much more often. That's the reality. The real problem comes during the playoffs when Josh decides to play stupid for 3,4 games. By then the series is over.

Games like last night are more like once in a career for most star players but Smoove has them about once a season and sometimes even more often. But that game where he almost went 5 for 5 is a freakish type of game that I think too often we come to expect from Josh even though it's an insanely high standard of expectation.

Using a much more fair standard, where statistically he does half as much as he did last night, as a measure of success or failure then you can come up with the 1 in 10-15 games or whatever and I think that ratio is a bit skewed. I'd guess it's closer to a 50/50 thing as to whether we get Jekyl or Hyde. It's just enough to where you either see him as a guy who you must trade or a guy who you should build around and that's what is so damned frustrating about Smoove.

• Like 1

Games like this from Josh are what most fans want to see from him on a consistent basis. Here in lies the problem, games like this are too far and few, when Josh starts the game by driving inside and playing defense and being active, this is the Josh we want. when he starts a game by launching 3 ill-advised shots early in the shot clock, this is the Josh we loathe. I've always said my problem with Josh is not so much that he takes the shots but the time, distance and circumstance in which he takes them is my concern. His ability to affect the game (good or bad) is the highest on this team and he needs to be more aware of how his play affects this team.

• 2 weeks later...