• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Drew appeared to have singled out Jeff Teague in post-game interview

hawks21

Coach Drew appeared on SPORTSOUTH after the game and in the post-game interview he had talked about the point guard play.

Drew said a point guard can still influence a game WITHOUT scoring a lot of points. Case in point Kyle Lowry who had a career-high 18 assists.

Teague needed to provide that energy early and it just didn't materialize a whole lot in his thirty minutes on the floor and Drew had talked about there should have been more defensive pressure placed on Lowry.

And when Lowry had blocked Teague's shot I believe symbolized Teague's whole night. Teague SHOULD HAVE DUNKED THAT... Teague was just too casual and with a team with a lot of "older" players, Teague has to SET THE EXAMPLE at all times when he is on the court...

Teague has the ability to block shots as well as beat people off the dribble and dunk in people's faces... and it seems that tentativeness affected his game against the Rockets...

I hope Drew doesn't BENCH HIM, but hope Teague learn from this game...

It was pretty clear when he got sat 5 minutes into the game. What bothers me is that Drew won't sit Josh when he takes 22 footers or when Al plays soft or when Joe goes back to his iso ways

Josh was played too well early and was missing shots and free throws and Al was settling for too may outside jumpers himself, but Drew doesn't reprimand these guys by sitting them down.

You are right, Drew has a MUCH quicker hook for Teague, and it really hurts the team more when he shows that DOUBLE STANDARD

The Chicago Bulls' head coach isn't AFRAID to sit Derrick Rose down for a extended minutes (it was done in last year's playoffs against the Hawks!)and Rose accepts it and tries to learn from his mistakes and isn't pouting on the bench... The coaching staff is being enablers to Josh Smith who can get a little emotional if things aren't going his way...

• Like 1

To say that Teague isnt the reason we lost is dishonest. To have what amount to zero production out of one of our starters is unacceptable. Josh had a stretch were he started hitting shots and he rebounded all night. Horf had a stretch were he started scoring and he rebounded all night. Joe was consistent with his scoring through the game tonight. Teague gave us nothing, there was no stretch of playing well, getting assists or playing good defense. We lost because we didnt get production from one of the six sections of the game (pg,sg,sf,pf,c,bench).

Edited by 01d0rd3r

Teague had an awful game, and had he had a normal game, we might have won. But our bench gave us little (sans T Mac) and we couldn't get stops on D when it mattered. And whenever we did get stops, we couldn't score.

With that said, those of you speaking about a double standard when it regards Teague as opposed to any other starter (especially Smoove) are right on. With minutes to go in the second quarter, Smoove attempted a blind behind-the-back bounce pass under the rim near out of bounds. It quickly ended up in the arms of a Rocket for a TO. This was before he missed 4 of 5 FT and took jump shot after jump shot (missing all but 2 of the 7 he attempted--of which one was a 3 with 8 seconds left on the clock). After the Hawks regained possession on the next play, Drew took a timeout at the 3:36 mark of the 2nd quarter. I thought for sure he was going to take Smith out right then...but he didn't. SMDH. It made me plum angry that he wouldn't bench Smoove for his stupid play right then and there. Look, everyone has off nights and terrible days at the office, but there is ZERO excuse for stupid play.

As for Teague, he is going to have to play good consistent D, get those assist numbers up, and stay in attack mode (like he did against NJ) if he is going to remain a starting PG in this league. We need the Teague that owned NJ, not the passive Teague that we saw tonight and pretty much all of his prior two years here (sans the Bulls playoffs series of course).

• Like 1

Teague sucked. He was a bigger issue than Smoove tonight. Smoove played dumb but at least he also made plays. Teague did nothing good at all.

Teague sucked. He was a bigger issue than Smoove tonight. Smoove played dumb but at least he also made plays. Teague did nothing good at all.

I hate to see Teague play tentative and be a bystander, and he needs to consider himself the first option in much the same way Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Russell Westbrook do.

And at some point, Teague has to totally take ownership of the team and NOT BE AFRAID TO TAKE ON HIS TEAMMATES such as Josh Smith... The Hawks was supposed to be more a fast-break team, and the Hawks were playing more at a half or 3/4 tempo...

Edited by hawks21

it was Pargo that Lowry blocked not Teague.

Teague is young and going to have bad games, so far this year besides today he has been great. This is his first season starting so give him some patience I believe he will be great for us this season.

• Like 1

it was Pargo that Lowry blocked not Teague.

Teague is young and going to have bad games, so far this year besides today he has been great. This is his first season starting so give him some patience I believe he will be great for us this season.

You are right, it was Pargo... However, Teague appeared not to play with the type of intensity that we know he is capable. He wasn't playing aggressive, dunking over people when the opportunity presents itself or blocking people's shots from behind...

I hope Drew has patience.

Teague needs to play aggressive at all times, a la Westbrook. Being the young guy he needs to be hyped up everygame. He needs to bring it every night. Sucks for us that Pargo is the back up cause he is terrible so far.

...I hope Drew doesn't BENCH HIM, but hope Teague learn from this game...

Considering LD's current options at the PG position I'm pretty sure Teague is safe as far as getting benched goes rolleyes.gif .

Luckily I got mixed up about tip-off time and missed the 1st half...but we did get close a few times in the second half, it just looked to me like we were out of sync as a team and couldn't produce the energy to guard the pick and roll - outside shot Maybe some of our normally energetic guys decided to have a pre-New Years eve party the night before?

It would sure be nice if something would "click" with our guys and they would be able to bring it every night more. I was listening on the radio at the beginning of the second half and the announcer said that Smoove drove the lane and missed a 5 footer by about 2 feet. I immediately thought "here comes a block at the other end", and sure enough Smoove got a block at the other end. It's a shame we can't program Smoove's brain to play defense every play like he just missed an easy shot...he would dominate!

Josh had a few more positives, but he had a lot more negatives. And let's be real, Teague has played 1,800 minutes in this league; Josh has played 18,000. I expect a tad bit more from the latter.

• Premium Member

Did somebody get in Teague's ear after he scored 22 against the Nets? I remember reading that some of his team mates were complaining about him 'missing' them on some of his scoring drives to the basket. But if he's being aggressive and scoring the ball, what the HECK are those players complaining about? I'm just throwing that out there because Teague looked completely different from the beast I saw against New Jersey. I also didn't care for LD talking about a PG affecting the game without scoring either. Teague is a scoring point guard. That's who he is. Coach to his strengths and stop trying to turn him into your idea of a 'true' PG, whatever the heck that is. As long as he's scoring and dishing off assists, I really don't see what the problem is. Let him play his game.