• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cousins Demands Trade From Kings

Wurider05

• Moderators

All you Kentucky fans (AHF), just how much of a head case was Cousins? 10-point scale.

W

He wasn't much of one at UK. He played pretty nice and has been much more of a problem in the NBA than he was in college. I thought the media hype on him being a trouble maker while he was at UK (a storyline that started before he arrived on campus) didn't have much meat on the bone.

In terms of talent, it is a no brainer. If he can focus on the court, he will be a beast. I haven't followed the drama closely in Sacramento but that certainly gives some pause. I'd do some due diligence given that Sacramento has made the extraordinary step of putting him out there in a way that actually damages his trade value.

Sac Town isn't trading him. He has a lot of issues but his talent and size can't be matched.

• Premium Member

Sac Town isn't trading him. He has a lot of issues but his talent and size can't be matched.

He was 'suspended' or shall I say sent home and did not play in last night's game. I think this might be a little more serious than thought at first. The Kings may feel the only way out is to trade him for some value before this turns even more toxic. I agree with Tonegully on this one, float a Marvin and picks offer to them and work from there. The dude is a headcase though and can be a malignant locker room cancer if he's not happy so buyer beware.

I wouldn't bother with that offer. That is way outside of any realistic possibility.

Exactly....what the hell is wrong you people, you're talking about a legit center with unlimited potential and you're offering a borderline starting wing player and thats about it.....yeah right!!! If you're going to make an offer make a real one

Exactly....what the hell is wrong you people, you're talking about a legit center with unlimited potential and you're offering a borderline starting wing player and thats about it.....yeah right!!! If you're going to make an offer make a real one

OK...how about Marvin, Pargo, AND Zaza! preved.gif

We all know he wants out and has been suspended by the Kings. He is a legit center and I've read reports that most offers will be "low-ball" offers. We could offer Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, and draft picks for Cousins. I've seen posts saying trade Josh Smith but IMO he's our most important player. A lineup of Teauge/JJ/Smoove/Horford/Cousins would be scary for other teams. We would have our center of the future and would only be a few pieces away from finally competing in the east.

Teague/Pargo

JJ/Green

Smoove/Tmac

Horford/Vlad

Cousins/Zaza

Trading Hinrich would also free up cap space as we could sign players to help our bench. Hopefully, Sund is making phone calls!

We all know he wants out and has been suspended by the Kings. He is a legit center and I've read reports that most offers will be "low-ball" offers. We could offer Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, and draft picks for Cousins. I've seen posts saying trade Josh Smith but IMO he's our most important player. A lineup of Teauge/JJ/Smoove/Horford/Cousins would be scary for other teams. We would have our center of the future and would only be a few pieces away from finally competing in the east.

Teague/Pargo

JJ/Green

Smoove/Tmac

Horford/Vlad

Cousins/Zaza

Trading Hinrich would also free up cap space as we could sign players to help our bench. Hopefully, Sund is making phone calls!

el-meme-mother-of-god-animado.gif

Edited by MoBetta
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Teague/Pargo

JJ/Green

Smoove/Tmac

Horford/Vlad

Cousins/Zaza

In addition to the fact that you have them taking on about 17M in salary and giving up 4M which is not allowed under the CBA, this is just bad value for Sacramento. Kirk will never play a meaningful minute for them and why would they want to pay his salary this season; Marvin is not desirable (remember people speculating whether it was worth it to pay him $24M to play somewhere else during the amnesty discussions?); and better picks are available.

IMO, to get Cousins the Hawks would have to give up Teague, JJ, Smith or Horford. (I am not advocating all of those, BTW).

Cousins would likely be very happy to come to a playoff team in Atlanta. Being from Alabama and having played at UK he would probably be much happier here than in Sacremento. Heck, that might even help with some of his "attitude" problems.

So - could we make the deal? I would say yes. Can we make the deal with Marvin as the centerpiece? I would say probably not.

It is VERY intriguing though...and you don't get that many chances at a real, competitive sized center without being LA, Boston, (or the like) or tanking and getting lucky on the ping-pong balls.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

In addition to the fact that you have them taking on about 17M in salary and giving up 4M which is not allowed under the CBA, this is just bad value for Sacramento. Kirk will never play a meaningful minute for them and why would they want to pay his salary this season; Marvin is not desirable (remember people speculating whether it was worth it to pay him $24M to play somewhere else during the amnesty discussions?); and better picks are available.

IMO, to get Cousins the Hawks would have to give up Teague, JJ, Smith or Horford. (I am not advocating all of those, BTW).

If that is indeed the case, Sacto can keep him then. He's an intriguing prospect on paper, but his scuffles with teammates and general personality issues hurt his trade value IMHO. I actually think an improved Marv and a serviceable PG in Hinrich would give the Kings two high value players at positions of need in exchange for a disgruntled player.

• Moderators

If that is indeed the case, Sacto can keep him then. He's an intriguing prospect on paper, but his scuffles with teammates and general personality issues hurt his trade value IMHO. I actually think an improved Marv and a serviceable PG in Hinrich would give the Kings two high value players at positions of need in exchange for a disgruntled player.

Sacramento already has its backcourt of Tyreke Evans (age 22) and Marcus Thornton (age 24) with 2011 lottery pick Jimmer (age 22) backing them up. What possible incentive do they have to illegally take on massive salary and play their young 20's guards less so they can do less development in favor of a guy who won't be there when the next season starts?

Marv has to prove it before he has trade value. In terms of advanced stats, he is playing twice as well as any previous season in his career so I doubt his start is sustainable (although improvement could certainly be sustainable).

I just don't see a match without us giving up real value given that the trade from earlier is illegal (we would have to take back a lot more salary) and we aren't offering much of long-term value (winning games this season doesn't do much for the Kings except worsen their draft position and doing it at the expense of developing young players is a double hit).

• Like 1