• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cousins Demands Trade From Kings

Wurider05

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217970/Cousins_Demands_Trade_From_Kings

Maybe they would take Smoove off of our hands? we would probably have to take back another player to make it work. They may move. He maybe a headcase as well but at least he knows his role.

Change in Team Outlook: +2.8 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

Guest Walter

I would do this in a second. I know Cousins is a headcase. I am not of the mind that JS is but that you have to take a little bad with the good. I'd it in large part because Cousins is a center not a small Pf and Cousins has a post-scorer skill set. I also do it because we have a decent BU center in ZaZa. Lastly I do it because we can take on Cousins and say Garcia and still save $3M a year.

While I like Howard with JS alright, I do not like Cousins withOUT Horford. Horford is steadier and with the super-talented but ill-mannered Cousins that would be needed.

W

In this shortened season I'm kinda on the fence about shaking up things (unless is for D12) at least until I see how we compete up to the trade deadline.

However, I won't mind the trade of Josh for Cousins. I think there are enough veterans (which is lacking in Sacto) on this team to get Cousins under some kind of control. That will give us a legit low post scorer, a rebounder and a decent enough shot blocker/defender.

• Premium Member

I just hope they don't wait the entire season before they FINALLY realize that the "core" isn't working and needs to be broken up (something many of us realized at least two years ago).

That being said, I think a trade of Josh could be beneficial for him and the team. The coaching isn't the only thing that needs to be corrected.

I honestly would have to say YES to this trade! at this point and looking to the future Centers are hard to come by! Cousins is a legit Center will probably have a break out year this year. He did really good last season as a rookie and he averaged 14pts and 8rebs! similar to josh smith but Cousins score around the goal and Im sure he will avg. at the least 10 boards this year!

Hell if it was my decision I say do this deal in a heart beat! if Sac town considers it!

Yeah W - as Bill Murray said in Ghostbusters "I've never been too clear on the whole good/bad thing".

Is he a performer with occasional minor issues or a dangerous cancer to his team? I mean, while I doubt that the organization formerly known as the ASG will do anything anyway, legitimate centers are VERY hard to come by.

If we were ever to gamble this would seem to be the type of gamble to take - it's not like we appear to have any real options in the near future as far as getting a center.

But that's just my .02 cents.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I've watched him plenty on the court and he can't possibly be more of a headcase than Josh and I'm sure if he was here we'd all find a way to excuse his antics for "passion" and him taking jumpers and trying to beat people off the dribble for "him just working hard to improve as a player'.

You guys cant be serious? Trade Josh for this problem child. I wouldnt do it. I throw them Marvin and pargo and tell them to kick rocks.

1. He wants to be traded

2. Who is Cousins? What has he done in his 2 years to offer someone like Smoove?

3. He is a problem child

4. He wants a bigger role in the offense in Sac, So i know he gonna be pissed off here

5. We dont have time to be taking chances on this guy.

Man i swear yall would trade Josh for Koncak if he was still playing. smh.

• Like 3