• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Zaza one of the Top 20 worst players in the NBA?

MoBetta

As if I needed another reason to see you don't either actually watch the games or you are just trolling. Even the announcers on ESPN let alone Bob/Nique were talking about how Zaza was getting creamed around the basket and not getting a call.

They also called Joe Johnson "Baby Bron"

You are funny - u said he is the worst player in the game so no need for sadness at his developmental skill. Zaza is exactly who he is, a bumbling, stumbling, large headed dude that tries to do too much on offense sometimes but always, always hustles, don't complain and fights with everthing he's got - he is exactly what this team needs.

When did I say he was the worst player in the league?? I said that he may not be worth what we're giving him according to his contract but never have I said he was the worst in the league. Now put your thumb back in your mouth and continue rubbing your earlobe.

As if I needed another reason to see you don't either actually watch the games or you are just trolling. Even the announcers on ESPN let alone Bob/Nique were talking about how Zaza was getting creamed around the basket and not getting a call.

What the hell is trolling? Zaza was probably fouled once or twice but, you have to show the refs that you're going up aggressively for them to give you that call. C'mon, thats basic fundamentals of basketball. Its just like the problem Joe's had all of his career. Its hard for refs to call fouls under the basket for him because of his style of play. Atleast go up strong and act like you're being fouled. I'm pretty sure you see how Lebron, Wade, Jamal Crawford, and Kevin Martin act when they're fouled. They go up hard, yell, scream, and flail their bodies when they encounter contact. Refs are refs and they go by the same creed, "go up strong and I'll give you that call."

There's plenty of players who are not as effective as Pachulia making more money this year. I went on ESPN and stopped at the Timberwolves and counted about 10. I was only counting centers and power forwards. He doesn't have this outrageous contract that you describe. He's got a fair contract for what he provides.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Moderators

There's plenty of players who are not as effective as Pachulia making more money this year....

He doesn't have this outrageous contract that you describe. He's got a fair contract for what he provides.

True. Here is my earlier post to that effect:

Let's look at your list of Zaza's comparables for a real life discussion.

Starters paid more than Zaza or Not Available to Hawks B/C On Rookie Contracts

Dwight Howard - Starter - #1 overall pick - DPOY - All-Star - 1st Team All-NBA - $18 million per season

Andrew Bynum - Starter - Lottery Pick; 2012: 17 ppg, 14 rpg, 2 bpg, likely 2012 All-Star - $15 million per season

Marc Gasol - Starter - 2012: 14 ppg, 11 rpg, 20 PER; $13 million per season

Javale McGee - Starter - Rookie contract; #2 shotblocker in 2011, #1 shotblocker in 2012

Roy Hibbert - Starter - 2012: 17 ppg, 12 rpg, 20 PER

Greg Monroe - Starter - Lottery pick; 17 ppg, 9 rpg, 26 PER

Tyson Chandler - Starter - Numerous top 10 finishes in rebounding and shooting efficiency; All-NBA Defense; $13 million per year

Al Jefferson - Starter - 19 ppg, 9 rpg, 21 PER; $14 million per year

Spencer Hawes - Starter - Rookie contract lottery Pick; 10 ppg, 9 rpg, 22 PER

Marcin Gortat - Starter - 14 ppg, 8 rpg, 24 PER; $7 million per year (one of the best deals in the entire NBA)

Marcus Camby - Starter - #1 overall pick; Career 10 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.6 bpg; $11 million per year

Joakim Noah - Starter - Lottery pick - 2011: 12 ppg, 11 rpg, 1.5 bpg; 19 PER; All-Defense; $12 million per year

Emeka Okafor - Starter - #2 overall pick; Career 13 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg, 17 PER; $12.6 million per year

Deandre Jordan - Starter - Top 10 Shotblocker 2010 & 2011; $10 million per year

Chris Kaman - Starter (85% starts over career; 50% this season) - $14 million per year

Samuel Dalembert - Starter - Top 10 Shotblocker Every Season / Top 10 Career Among Active Players - $13 million 2011, $7 million 2012

Tim Duncan - Starter - Top 20 Player in NBA History, $21 million per year

Channing Frye - Starter - Stretch PF, not a center (http://www.82games.c...PHO11.HTM#bypos) - starts next to Gortat; $5.6 million

Brendan Haywood - Starter - $7.6 million, not as productive as Zaza (Z - 6 points on 54% TS%, 5 boards, 14.5 PER - Brenda - 5 points on 48% TS%, 6 boards - 11.8 PER)

Kendrick Perkins - Starter - Multiple top 10 in blocks; $7 million per year; 9.6 PER to Zaza's 14.5 PER

Jordan Hill - Starter (>50% starts this year) - Lottery pick on rookie contract - Worse PER than Zaza

Joel Anthony - Starter - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza

Byron Mullens - Starter - 13 ppg, 6 rpg, 19 PER, rookie contract

Darko Milicic - Starter - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza; $4.8 million per year

Timofey Mozgov - Starter - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza

We'll start by doing the easy thing and eliminating all the starters. Zaza is a backup and comparing him against starters like Dwight Howard et al makes sense like comparing Willie Green to Kobe Bryant and the other SG starters makes sense (i.e., it doesn't).

Reserves Who Are On Rookie Contracts and Unavailable to the Hawks and/or Who Don't Play Center

Omer Asik - Reserve - Rookie contract - Fewer PPG and worse PER than Zaza; better defender

Robin Lopez- Reserve - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza; rookie contract

Derrick Favors - Reserve - #3 overall pick - 14.8 PER versus 14.5 PER for Zaza; better defender, not as effective offensively (yet)

Jason Thompson - Reserve - Better scorer, worse rebounder than Zaza; rookie contract

Jason Maxiell - Reserve - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza; $5 million per year; plays >75% of minutes at PF and less than 10% of team's minutes at center (http://www.82games.c...DET11.HTM#bypos)

Tiago Splitter - Reserve - More PPG, fewer RPG and same PER as Zaza; rookie contract

We are eliminating these players because they aren't guys Atlanta could have signed as a backup center. What is the point in arguing that the #3 overall pick in the draft would make a better reserve than Zaza?

ACTUAL COMPARABLES FROM THE LIST

Actual Comparables Who Have Worse Numbers Than Zaza And Are Paid Equal or Less

Ben Wallace - Reserve - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza - 18 total points this season; cheaper than Zaza

Nazr Muhammad - Reserve - Fewer PPG, RPG and worse PER than Zaza; cheaper than Zaza

Actual Comparables Who Have Arguably Better Numbers than Zaza and Are Paid Equal or Less

Chris Andersen - Reserve - Fewer PPG, fewer RPG, better defender than Zaza; cheaper contract

So you have identified 3 people who Atlanta could have theoretically signed cheaper than Zaza and he has put up bigger numbers than any of them. The only one with an argument is an argument based on per minute productivity in Chris Andersen.

I would trade Zaza for Andersen at their prices so kudos in identifying one player on your entire list that would make a better backup center than Zaza at his price.

Edited by AHF

When did I say he was the worst player in the league?? I said that he may not be worth what we're giving him according to his contract but never have I said he was the worst in the league. Now put your thumb back in your mouth and continue rubbing your earlobe.

My mistake, that was the thread starter, no need for me suck my thumb and play with my earlobe, I'm an adult that can admit my error. However, you are still off base in your assessment of what we pay Zaza relative to what he does for this team and compared to other backup centers in the league. If you are finished eating that snicker bar address your list (that is mostly starters) versus the list AHF posted.