• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Hawks will try re-sign Josh Smith?

WraithSentinel

Kind of hard to believe but Smoove contract is about to be up again. He has this year and next year left on the deal. I really don't see them trading him. Considering how much ASG love keeping the core together.

Part of it will be does Smoove want to remain here. The other part is ASG willing to shellout another contract for him. It will likely take a similar contract to re-sign that he is currently on, 5yr/$55-$60 Million.

Kind of hard to believe but Smoove contract is about to be up again. He has this year and next year left on the deal. I really don't see them trading him. Considering how much ASG love keeping the core together.

Part of it will be does Smoove want to remain here. The other part is ASG willing to shellout another contract for him. It will likely take a similar contract to re-sign that he is currently on, 5yr/$55-$60 Million.

Yes. And yes.

I've always said since he was resigned that unless we traded him for a no brainer deal, we should keep him.

I've always said since he was resigned that unless we traded him for a no brainer deal, we should keep him.

I agree. Regardless of what people think, Josh is a big draw for fans to come out and see games at Phillips. He can be really exciting to watch and I honestly think he can, and is, still improving his game. As much hate as he often gets on here, he always improves some part of his game in the offseason and I think that says a lot about him.

• Like 3

If he goes Allstar this year, he will be in demand.

His price will be high.

As much as the ASG loves the core, they will have to put out some money at some time.

What? That's clearly the wrong statement to make with these guys. They have a top 5 to 7 payroll.

Agreed. If we shelled out all that money to JJ and Marvin we need to make sure we offer Smoove a contract. I believe Marvin will also be a free agent after next year so the Haws would gain some money from him leaving.

• Moderators

I get the impression that it will not be a decision the Hawks make, but more of a decision for whether or not Josh wants to remain a Hawk.

I think it will be a decision for both, particularly since Atlanta will be able to pay more than anyone else but only if it chooses to do so.

I think it will be a decision for both, particularly since Atlanta will be able to pay more than anyone else but only if it chooses to do so.

Doesn't that only come into effect if the team decides to max him out though? Unlike others I'm not entirely bought into his current streak of production as an indication of permanent improvement, we've seen it before and at the end of the season we always end back where we were. Under a reasonable deal similar to what he got from Memphis, sure, but for all the guff that Joe got over probable decline over the life of his deal I find it a far worse idea to try to max out an undersized PF that is dependent on his athleticism into his 30s.

• Premium Member

I agree. Regardless of what people think, Josh is a big draw for fans to come out and see games at Phillips. He can be really exciting to watch and I honestly think he can, and is, still improving his game. As much hate as he often gets on here, he always improves some part of his game in the offseason and I think that says a lot about him.

The only problem being, he tries to improve his game, but because of his tiny birdbrain he oftentimes forgets to do what he is supposed to do.

He must realize he's no fckng Dirk! And no matter how many years he spends shooting the rock he's NEVER gonna be Dirk. He's never gonna win the 3-pt contest. He's never gonna be as good a shooter as he is a poster. He should try and improve on the game aspects he can be useful for the team.