• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dumb Josh is Back!

MoBetta

• Premium Member

....................................I ain't gonna say much. But that last miss that led to the Philly 3, with them up 2 now.....that's the kind of s*** man. No, the whole game isn't on Josh to win or lose, but dammit....you just can't throw away possessions on those dumbass jumpers.

Especially not on critical possessions. That'll kill us in the playoffs.

One. Game.

why do people say this? one game is a testament to what our team has become/is. people have been making this post for years now.

"one game"

will you be saying "one game" at the end of the season? or playoffs? face reality.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

why do people say this? one game is a testament to what our team has become/is. people have been making this post for years now.

"one game"

will you be saying "one game" at the end of the season? or playoffs? face reality.

I have heard that for over 20 something years, I might add....

It's not one game. It's our team and par for the course.

Edited by Wretch

I gotta say, I'm more ticked off at announcers that say "That's the Josh Smith we know and love" more than I am at anything he does. Weird, like that whole "I can pick on my brother but if you dare touch him I'll slit your throat" thing. I used to get haircuts with Malik Rose too, I'll know where to find him....

• Premium Member

No it is not, par for the course. Why is the sky falling when we lose a game? We are not going to win them all, and yes we are going to sometimes have bad lapses, like every team in the NBA, whether its the coach or players making bad decisions. What matters is that the players and coaches learn from them and not do the same sh** in the playoffs.

I am not giving Josh, Drew, or the team a pass to lose this game but I am sick and tired of the "freak outs" and the "x player should be traded for this game" or the "coach should be fired for this game" when we lose one

• Start hot.
  • Look good in stretches.
  • Beat good teams.
  • Lose winnable games.
  • Have a change to jump to the front of the pack.
  • Keep stumbling on games like this "one game"
  • Roll into the playoffs as middle of the pack seed
  • Get *ss handed to us in 1st or 2nd round

TELL me that pattern is not familiar. I have been watching it happen for decades now. The difference between this team and the better teams in the league...we can't break out of mediocrity. The better teams have found a way to do it.

We are not going to win them all, but we are not going to win the ones that count when we continue to play like this. I'm not going to waste any time on arguing about Josh Smith's jumpers. Anybody that knows his strengths and knows ANYTHING about momentum knows how godawful some of those shots are - A LOT OF THEM.

What really irks me though, is that we came out and looked GREAT in the 1st half. And like so many other games...just could not make adjustments or match intensity. Tell me that isn't a pattern we've seen before? 10 points in the quarter? Haven't seen this team allergic to making baskets for long stretches? Haven't seen the offense fall apart? Haven't seen them hang their heads before? Haven't seen Josh jacking up shots like he's going to shoot us out of it? Hell, JUST THIS SEASON we had a similar meltdown against Chicago after owning them the for 3/4 of the game! It's not a pattern? It's not par for the course? It's a knee-jerk reaction?

BULL. s***.

I love the team, but these motherf***ers need to show me something before I start making excuses for them again. This was our game to win.

(Helping the profanity filter out - MyDamSelf....)

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

• Start hot.
  • Look good in stretches.
  • Beat good teams.
  • Lose winnable games.
  • Have a change to jump to the front of the pack.
  • Keep stumbling on games like this "one game"
  • Roll into the playoffs as middle of the pack seed
  • Get *ss handed to us in 1st or 2nd round

TELL me that pattern is not familiar. I have been watching it happen for decades now. The difference between this team and the better teams in the league...we can't break out of mediocrity. The better teams have found a way to do it.

We are not going to win them all, but we are not going to win the ones that count when we continue to play like this. I'm not going to waste any time on arguing about Josh Smith's jumpers. Anybody that knows his strengths and knows ANYTHING about momentum knows how godawful some of those shots are - A LOT OF THEM.

What really irks me though, is that we came out and looked GREAT in the 1st half. And like so many other games...just could not make adjustments or match intensity. Tell me that isn't a pattern we've seen before? 10 points in the quarter? Haven't seen this team allergic to making baskets for long stretches? Haven't seen the offense fall apart? Haven't seen them hang their heads before? Haven't seen Josh jacking up shots like he's going to shoot us out of it? Hell, JUST THIS SEASON we had a similar meltdown against Chicago after owning them the for 3/4 of the game! It's not a pattern? It's not par for the course? It's a knee-jerk reaction?

BULL. s***.

I love the team, but these motherfuckers need to show me something before I start making excuses for them again. This was our game to win.

Every game is our game to win, there are two professional teams on the court, one capitilized on the others mistakes. Were they dumb mistakes? Hell yes!!!! was I throwing sh** when Josh missed his 5h shot?? Hell yes!! did I want to break my tv when the starters sat out in the most crucial part of the game??? Yes!! But this is going to happen and it happens to EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA. There is no "do everything right every game" team in the league. You lose some games that you should've won and sometimes you win some games that you really should have lost. Yeah we looked great in the first half, but the 76ers also looked and shot like crap. They changed the game in the 2nd half, and we got flustered.

I am not saying that we havent seen this situation with the Hawks b4 but I have also seen it happen to the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Mavs, Heat...etc, every freakin year. It just bothers me that we as fans get so extreme when it happens to our team, especially when we lose 1 out of 5.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

• Premium Member

The Josh Smith haters are back out from under the rocks they've been hiding under . . .

It is always interesting!

That's Hawksquawk. Wait for the player you hate to have a bad game and then trash him. One more bad game and the 'trade Smoove' threads will be back in full force. It's been the same for Marv, Josh, and Joe. Every player on this team is inconsistent and the Hawks are bound to lose games at some point(s) during the season, so you can count on these types of threads after a loss like clockwork.

• Premium Member

Every game is our game to win, there are two professional teams on the court, one capitilized on the others mistakes. Were they dumb mistakes? Hell yes!!!! was I throwing sh** when Josh missed his 5h shot?? Hell yes!! did I want to break my tv when the starters sat out in the most crucial part of the game??? Yes!! But this is going to happen and it happens to EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA. There is no "do everything right every game" team in the league. You lose some games that you should've won and sometimes you win some games that you really should have lost. Yeah we looked great in the first half, but the 76ers also looked and shot like crap. They changed the game in the 2nd half, and we got flustered.

I am not saying that we havent seen this situation with the Hawks b4 but I have also seen it happen to the Lakers

kobe-championship.jpg

, Bulls

Michael-Jordan.jpg

, Celtics

1213765144_0659.jpg

, Mavs

mavericks-championship.jpg

, Heat...etc,

wallpaper0506_dwyane2_1024.jpg

every freakin year. It just bothers me that we as fans get so extreme when it happens to our team, especially when we lose 1 out of 5.

Everybody loses games. This is much bigger than one game.

I'm tired of settling for a mediocre team. No excuses. Win the games you're supposed to win. The game tonight was indicative of who we are and who we have been for as long as I have watched this club - and that's a pretty long time.

• Like 1

I'm tired of settling for a mediocre team. No excuses. Win the games you're supposed to win. The game tonight was indicative of who we are and who we have been for as long as I have watched this club - and that's a pretty long time.

Yessir.

LOL....it was cute that you put the pictures of those teams holding the trophy (you forgot the Heat one), but that is exactly my point, even championship teams lose games that they "should have won". Its not how you start, its how you finish, and the 76ers proved that tonight, we just have to prove it when it really matters, and that is in the playoffs. Believe me I am pissed about the loss too but now is not the time for this doom and gloom sh**, to much basketball left.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN
  • Like 1

If Smoove put together a string of say 5 or more bad games in a row. Then I can understand being upset at him. I am not going to jump on Smoove for having this bad game. He is still putting together a very good month of Jan despite tonight game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2411/josh-smith

20 ppg

10 rpg

3 apg

2 bpg

1.5 spg

53% fg

He has only taken 7 3s the entire month of Jan. Only real negative this month is the horrible FT shooting.