Top 25 NBA player

hawkrule152

25. Josh Smith (new) – Extremely talented and finally living up to expectations, His kryptonite is shooting long-distance jump shots and he finally seems to be avoiding that. His 50 percent field goal accuracy will stay the same if he doesn’t relent. Smith should make the All-Star team if he continues to shine.

This guy must not watch many Hawks games. Cant believe JJ is not on the list but smoove is...

http://hoopshype.com/columns/johnson/the-top-25-nba-players

Rankings can always be debated, but I don't have a huge issue with those. I would think every team should have a player as good as or better than Al at some position, then we'd probably be the only other team with 2 more players to round out the top 40. 3 in the top forty ain't bad.

The only part I do not agree with is when he wrote 'His kryptonite is shooting long-distance jump shots and he finally seems to be avoiding that.'... Im not seeing much avoiding in that

• Premium Member

Injury? Joe at 32 and Al at 31 seems a bit generous. Both are nice players but they've never impacted the outcomes of games like Josh. Josh is a once in a generation multi-tool player.

• Like 1

• Admin

Injury? Joe at 32 and Al at 31 seems a bit generous. Both are nice players but they've never impacted the outcomes of games like Josh. Josh is a once in a generation multi-tool player.

Really? I think Al should be higher. When healthy I would have him ranked higher then Smith.

• Moderators

It's the great ("Not So Fast") Eddie Johnson, Woody's old teammate with the Kings and current Suns broadcaster, and a longtime unwavering defender of all-things-Joe.

Whether we agree or disagree with Eddie's order of players, the listed players, or the snubs, gets dull fast. The fun part about his HoopsHype blogs and especially his rankings is he loves to argue directly with the legions of concern trolls and scorned fanboys in the comments section. Seriously, the poor man can't help himself.

As one example (out of dozens), one Captain Keyboard Courageous poster declares:

Yo Eddie! You're an idiot! No Millsap...even on your next 10???? Millsap would Millslap Smith just like he's done to Griffin and Love this year. Pathetic!

and promptly gets this grammatically-challenged critique in return from Eddie:

you are lazy --you copy and paste instead of typing. hmmmmm whose the idiot?

along with:

"Eddie, I cant believe you are responding to people's comments like this. No wonder Dominique Wilkins used to destroy you everytime."

is responded to from Eddie just minutes later, with:

"really, you must be new huh. this is what we do in my blog, email. you got a problem with it? i assume you meant Nique would score 30 and i would get 28 with less shots? go look it up and repent."

~lw3