• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team is looking eerily similar to the Pistons teams.

Plainview1981

I hope the team can get some wins against some quality teams in the next month, but it's amazing how much this team has looked like those guys, The funny thing is that nobody is having a great individual year this year. Joe is playing much better than last year, but his numbers are still down from his career averages as a Hawk. Josh is rebounding well, but he isn't doing much of anything else outstanding. Marvin has only had a few good games, and Teague is solid, but not great. But the team has shown it's strongest commitment on the defensive end, and the balance has been good with no one top notch scorer off the bench, but pretty much everyone that plays (other than Collins) is contributing something to the season. Very much like when Detroit had Jon Barry, Chucky Atkins, Campbell and Lindsey Hunter.

Again, it's still early in the season, but if the team can play this well on the defensive end during the regular season, you have to wonder just how this team can do on the defensive end in the playoffs. Now, I just hope they don't make a big fool out of me by going on a big losing streak. lol

I wish they were the Championship Pistons, but I wouldn't compare any team in history to that one. They will forever be a phenomenon to me anyway. Not a single First-Ballot Hall of Famer, and they trashed the Eastern Conference then Phil, Kobe, Shaq about a year from his peak, The Raggedy Glove, and the Senior Mailman with perfect Team Defense and unexplainable shot-making. We don't have defenders/ rebounders like Wallaces, and although I like Drew more and more, he's no Larry Brown. Let Wade go down a week before the playoffs and miss them, and we'll see...

Edited by benhillboy

One thing, for now at least, for the first time in a long time, we actually have what amounts to a "regular" NBA line-up - A C, PF, SF, SG, and PG. And a solid bench (except for C).

Compare to the last few years - A PF, PF, SF (who couldn't S), SG and another SG (sort of) and a pretty thin bench. Each of our guys may not be super-duper at their assigned positions (and Josh is a bit small at his), but maybe there is a reason why regular NBA teams have that sort of line-up.

lol I agree. We do look like the Pistons this season now that we have a PG who can play D. Our offense isn't as crisp but our defense is more athletic and teams have all types of trouble scoring on us. For some reason, this team is hungry and that's what the Pistons had. With Al, we could contend for a title run.

dolf, better check that IP address... I think someone has hacked hotlanta's account.

tongue.png

... what's next... diesel pushing Marvin for ASG votes?

Hots has always been a good poster. I always told the mods that. He's just emotional and doesn't like the BS ASG and others were trying to prop up.

dolf, better check that IP address... I think someone has hacked hotlanta's account.

tongue.png

... what's next... diesel pushing Marvin for ASG votes?

The lack of consistent commitment by the players (ESP on the defensive end) has always bothered me and they haven't shown consistent effort on that end since around 1996 or 1997. I've been very vocal in a few of the big L's here... Those L's to Chicago and Miami were painful L's. I've almost wrote off the loss to Chicago because in all honestly, the team just ran out of gas. I know the effort will not be there every once in a while, but I think they've mostly turned the page effort wise. But Feb will be a telling month. No doubt they will lose a few games this month, but we'll see if they get down and quit after a few losses. Hopefully not.

• Like 1