• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tracy McGrady fumes over playing time

MoBetta

Do we have to put up with this bigot's crap?

Man I'm not being a bigot at all just using that as a metaphor. I apologize if I offended you man. I'm not that type of person at all.

And Marvin has outplayed TMac, your point? Perhaps you'll notice that Willie is now the first off the bench with Joe moving to the 3, so really, address all of your erudite commentary for someone else who actually gives a f*** about your ramblings.

Yeah, do you know how many games Tmac has missed? Obviously you're rambling and defending a player that sucks and has no trade value. No one wants him. If they were both free agents, I bet Tmac would be the first one with offers. It's the truth.

Well he certainly won't be getting much playing time now lol.. But i've been saying since the season started that drew's subbing patterns suck. Hinrich has had one good game since he came back, yet drew insists on bringing him in even if teague is hot. Its annoying, and I can understand why some players may be upset by it.

• Like 1

• Admin

He needs to be professional and keep things like this behind closed doors. Anyway, he should be playing 15 - 25 minutes every night that he is available ... not 5 minutes. He is still a quality player and an important part of our bench. I think part of his sitting is the play of Willie Green lately.

Wasn't there an interview last year about a former Hawk who laughed when asked a question about LD's preparation? I think the response was something like "what preparation? Guy has the worst gameplans ever".

If some of you think he shouldnt be opening his mouth you are all crazy. It is about time somebody stood up to LD. Its absurd he only played 4 minutes last night! He can help this team in so many different ways.. especially since kirk and teague havent been producing, let him play a little PG. He knows how to distribute and get ppl to their hot spots. LD isnt a good coach plain and simple.

• Like 1

Wasn't there an interview last year about a former Hawk who laughed when asked a question about LD's preparation? I think the response was something like "what preparation? Guy has the worst gameplans ever".

Found what I was referring to, not sure how much stock to put into the quote/article:

The

Hawks , losers of 14 of 21 games entering this weekend and with eight home losses since Feb. 8, are on the fast-track to getting swept out of the playoffs. What's the problem? One veteran player called rookie head coach Larry Drew's preparation and attention to detail "a (bleeping) joke." Drew also hasn't been able to rein in Josh Smith and get him to stop jacking up jumpers.

Is NY Daily News at all respectable? Or Mitch Lawrence?

Edited by hawksfanatic

I have to agree. LD's substitution patterns have been horrible all season. We talk about this on the chat every game. It just kills me how Marvin starts off hot and gets benched while JJ is 1 for 7 and Smoove is 1-5. Marv probably said f*ck it. It's like he doesn't believe in riding the hot hand unless its Joe Johnson or Smoove.

LD is in over his head. He nis forced to kiss *ss because some of the players (mainly Smoove) are the ones that got his his job. They don't respect his authority and that player that doesn't complain (Marvin) becomes the whipping boy.

Edited by Wurider05

TMAC 4 COACH!!

T-Mac has a lot of empty possessions where he does nothing at all. Like a J.R. Smith type. I see why T-Mac was never a true superstar. Too many times when he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't do anything.

TMAC was never a true superstar??? You are out of your mind!

2 time NBA scoring champion before he had knee injuries.. One of which he averaged almost 33ppg (something you wont see happen today).. He was easily a superstar

• Like 4

TMAC 4 COACH!!

TMAC was never a true superstar??? You are out of your mind!

2 time NBA scoring champion before he had knee injuries.. One of which he averaged almost 33ppg (something you wont see happen today).. He was easily a superstar

He's great on the ball in his prime. But when you are trying to win games in real series. You need to play off the ball as well as on the ball. Kobe and MJ are great off the ball players as well as elite on the ball players. T-Mac is a wack off the ball player and has always been.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

TMac is firmly in the category of the Carmelo overrated superstars. Great stats, pretty game to look at but come playoffs it's an early exit be he healthy or not.

There's a reason contenders avoid him like the plague because he's not concerned about team, he's concerned about himself. Oh, I even forgot another TMac gem, after looking like the most dejected player on the planet when a team that he was on finally made it to the 2nd round with his *ss firmly placed on the bench in a suit he was asked about how the Rockets would look against the Lakers and he responded that they had no chance.....The Rockets took the soon to be champion Lakers to 7 games.

This isn't the type of character to hang your hat on anything he says.

Edit: looking it up, he actually made the comments that the Lakers would win it all while his team was still playing (and leading) the Blazers in the first round. My apologies to cousin Tracy, he's not that huge of an *ss but still gave his own team no mention.

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 1

LOL at T-Mac not being a legit superstar in the league.  If the Grant Hill situation didnt completely waste his years in Orlando they may have been able to do something.

Also i hate to say it but he is right, he should be getting more minutes.  He is the best option we have coming off the bench and should be getting more time than Marvin. I was actually disappointed that he came here. I knew he had something to offer but on this team and with this coaching staff there is no way he would get a good chance to show anything.

Edited by the_sheff

• Premium Member

First off, let's not change history. History is that Tmac is a several time allstar and scoring champ. You don't get those accolades by not being a superstar. I'm sorry but you don't. Could he have been better... Sure! There's more that he could have done in his prime, but you also have to remember, in his prime he was given the promise of teaming with Grant Hill or Yao Ming... and because of injury, those situations never crystallized. Had they crystallized, he could be here with 3 rings also.

The problem as I see it is this: He knows he's better than Marvin from an effort and ability standpt. Coming back from injury is definitely hard. Coming back from Microfracture surgery is not something that is easily done. Tmac is back and he wants to develop a playing rhythm again. Remember, he's been a star player all his life. So to be sitting on the back of the bus behind Marvin who gives out impactless game on a regular is downright disrespectful.

He stated that he had talked to LD privately and LD told him to circle his calendar. Seems to me that he's frustrated because LD renigged on his word and put Marvin back out there again. My hope is that he's showcasing Marvin for a trade that will get us Kaman. However, I have to agree with Tmac... Tmac is probably better than Marvin could dream of being.

Joe Johnson has had a more successful career with far less talent than T-Mac. T-Mac had extreme talent, playmaking ability and a flat out right nasty scorer but when you can't get out of the 1st round in a weak East or with Yao Ming, what's your excuse?

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson has had a more successful career with far less talent than T-Mac. T-Mac had extreme talent, playmaking ability and a flat out right nasty scorer but when you can't get out of the 1st round in a weak East or with Yao Ming, what's your excuse?

One player does not a team make. Joe was with us during the worst seasons of our franchise history. You can't fault TMac for the failure of his team. Grant Hill took at 7 year break and Yao was never a guy who could be counted on to complete a season. NOr could Tmac himself.

This talk about Tmac just reminds me of his interview in the 2003 playoffs against the Pistons. After going up 3-1 in the first round series, Tmac said in an interview after the game "It feels good to get in the second round"...of course that year the NBA pushed first round series to 7 games and the Magic proceeded to get pounded by 31 in game 5 and by 15 in both game 6 and 7.

One player does not a team make. Joe was with us during the worst seasons of our franchise history. You can't fault TMac for the failure of his team. Grant Hill took at 7 year break and Yao was never a guy who could be counted on to complete a season. NOr could Tmac himself.

Yes I can. T-Mac was a big part of the reason why his team never had great records or went past the first round.