• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any guesses on Woody's defensive strategy on Josh

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Hoping I'm not the only one looking ahead to the Knicks.

I see woody waving his hands like a wild man signaling his guys to give Josh all the space he needs on the perimeter.

Hoping I'm not the only one looking ahead to the Knicks.

I see woody waving his hands like a wild man signaling his guys to give Josh all the space he needs on the perimeter.

Won't matter the Knicks will run us out of the building ... Unless Melo comes back and ruins the flow they've got going.

And Woody waving his arms? If he does more than cross them I'd be surprised. We should be guessing which coach, Woody or LD who will be the first to actually look like they care.

I cant wait for the game either. Lin will probably have his best yet seeing how Teague really isnt comparable. It'll be interesting to see how they (Woody) defend us. If Walker is back they'll have 5 quality perimeter defenders, likely shutting Joe down. Chandler will surely punk our front, and where did Novak come from? Never been a Carmelo fan, but things could get ugly quick if the latest version of our team shows up and he acclimates himself better than everyone is expecting. I have no doubt Lin is a Top 20 talent. Anyone can see how his I.Q. gives him a considerable advantage over a 48 minute span. To dominate Kidd at any age is a great feat. All that's left to prove, and it'll take a full season, is if he can stand the rigors of 80-something to 90-something games. For the sake of the NBA, I hope he can. His story is unbelievable.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
Won't matter the Knicks will run us out of the building ... Unless Melo comes back and ruins the flow they've got going. And Woody waving his arms? If he does more than cross them I'd be surprised. We should be guessing which coach, Woody or LD who will be the first to actually look like they care.

This game will tell us all we need to know about LD. I bet LD lets Teague play Lin 1-on-1. From what I'm seeing Lin struggles when trapped or shown the double early. I'm not saying double him (esp. if Melo plays) but show it then go man to man. We'll see but my money is on our staff not doing anything different.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

i think the theory that Woody tells them not to even defend Josh for outside shots makes perfect sense. I'm much more interested in how we try to defend Lin. Sick Kirk on him? Let him go head to head with Teague? Double team? Lots of possibilities. Interesting that the Knicks only recent loss came against the worst (or at least one of the worst) teams, NOH.

Lin top 20 talent? that has to be a joke laughing5.gif . Let's see him put up these type of numbers against rose, rondo, paul, or westbrook. Dallas is the first good team they have played, and kidd is like 50 yearsold so he was not going to stop anyone.

I am guessing you did not watch the game because they actually had Marion on him. But I do agree with your underlying message, Lin has had one of the easiest schedules for a PG these past few games. This could easily be a fluke, I have yet to see enough evidence from Lin to determine he is a good PG.

I saw it, he's a turnover machine. Guys like Rondo would give him some serious problems on the court.

Rondo gives a lot of players issues. I mean no one is saying Rubio and Kyrie are flash in the pan and they been doing this for a half a season. I think some people want to believe that Lin talent isn't real.

Teague will be pick pocketing Lin the whole game.

They set too many picks. PnR teams are a REALLY bad matchup for the Hawks.