• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS VS BULLS TODAY ON ESPN 4PM!

willthepureshooter

Excusodus wasn't a passionate fan, he was just someone who loved to argue on message boards to be "right".

Does tendenitis lead to long term health issues? I have always been told the treatment is just rest, but that if you continue to play through then you can't make the tendenitis worse (since again the treatment is just rest).

I'm no Dr so I don't know but I do believe it can become chronic but the real concern is from compensating due to having a nagging injury. A great example are the Bulls docs believing that Roses back injury is in large part caused by compensating for his turf toe injury.

And regarding Exodus I'd be shocked if he's a Wizards fan as he never was even living up there and was always a Hawks fan as far as I remember. He and I had many heated arguments but I appreciate what he brought to the forums and we're better as a community with intelligent posters like him ... Although I don't miss the arguments I must say.

Man you act like tendinitis is some type of weak injury. That's one of the most irritating and painful injuries a basketball player can have. Hell, I use to have it a lot when I played basketball. If he continues to play on it, he could face irritating it even more. That could lead to fluid buildup in the knee and even structural damage. Stop listening to those old idiots. Have you noticed how bad they walk nowadays and the constant crying about how bad there bodies hurt..? I applaud Joe for playing through injuries but if those knees go, his careers done. Kenny Smith and Steve Smith pretty much made wearing knee braces fashionable in the NBA. I'm done smile3.gif

Then his *ss had better stay home, rest and continue to get treatment rather than stroll down to Orlando to collect his All Star and 3 point shootout bonuses. I'm fully aware of tendinitis and would not dare criticize guys who gave up their bodies to win championships in a time where medical science wasn't as advanced and they weren't nearly as compensated to do so.

I'm no Dr so I don't know but I do believe it can become chronic but the real concern is from compensating due to having a nagging injury. A great example are the Bulls docs believing that Roses back injury is in large part caused by compensating for his turf toe injury.

Kind of in reference to old posters who don't post anymore, I am certain we do have doctors out there who could shed some light on this.

Does tendenitis lead to long term health issues? I have always been told the treatment is just rest, but that if you continue to play through then you can't make the tendenitis worse (since again the treatment is just rest).

You are right, the treatment is just rest and NSAIDs for the most part but it could lead to a more serious condition where there are small or really microtears in the tendons but that's an entirely different disorder because I believe it goes by a different yet similar name.

With Joe having tendinitis, Al being out and TMac having occasional nagging issues, can we just realize how much the team could benefit by tanking this year and getting a lottery pick? Noboby would say we were expected to do better with our, excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit, 120 million dollar super all star Joe Johnson and our all-star center being out so why not? We're stuck folks with this team that hit the ceiling, probably last year. We're not better as evidenced by our play thus far and actually we seem to have taken a few small steps back. We rarely attract top free agents so can we try and get lucky in the draft? Let the tank train keep rolling on. The closer we get to .500 and out of contention, the better for a re-birth next year.

Don+t blame just Joe. The effort wan't there on defense. We needed Ivan kinda plays and some good rebounding, the bench made the run. I didint understand Pargo on Rose, not Hinrich.. Zaza is like a PF becasue the cant jump ..

Pargo is too good not to play, id like to see how the Pargo and Hinrich kombo woudl do.

main reason we lost is that Hawks played like pussies from the beginning. If a team like the Bulls plays such aggressive d and good d you ahve to fight back, not tak jumpshots but draw fouls and drive to the rim make the d collapse. So dissapointing..

Edited by BIgAl

• Moderators

With Joe having tendinitis, Al being out and TMac having occasional nagging issues, can we just realize how much the team could benefit by tanking this year and getting a lottery pick? Noboby would say we were expected to do better with our, excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit, 120 million dollar super all star Joe Johnson and our all-star center being out so why not? We're stuck folks with this team that hit the ceiling, probably last year. We're not better as evidenced by our play thus far and actually we seem to have taken a few small steps back. We rarely attract top free agents so can we try and get lucky in the draft? Let the tank train keep rolling on. The closer we get to .500 and out of contention, the better for a re-birth next year.

Tanking doesn't have a lot of upside this year given where we are in the standings and where the lottery teams are. I would rather hope that Horford comes roaring back in the playoffs and this team plays with some pride in the playoffs again like they did last year.