• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS VS BULLS TODAY ON ESPN 4PM!

willthepureshooter

It was one of the lamest moves I've ever seen. The ESPN cameras often focused on Joe and his pathetic look on the bench while the second unit actually got us back in the game. The commentators kept asking each other "when is Joe gonna return?". All of a sudden, the Hawks Media Relations Staff passes along a message that he has knee tendinitis and won't return...

Two rules for professional sports and politics:

#1. The first statement to the public is usually a lie...

#2. Usually it's about something personal and often petty.

Edited by DJlaysitup

dude don't come with that bullsh*t. his knee looks fine against sub .500 teams. You know the worst thing is that me and my wife just welcomed our second daughter into world so my father in law is visiting and he is from Chicago. Now I got to hear this s*** for the rest of the week. Damn!!!!!!

Well I guess we can see the all the blame is on marvin.

Edited by Wurider05

We've known, for some time, JJ has been playing injured.

Can't hit from the charity stripe. Gee. Wonder why?

Now, we go to NY and face their DL super star PG.

They can find a PG there and we can't find a young center anywhere.

Great comeback while the Bulls idled away the clock and the outcome.

On a bright note, Pargo did look great, didn't he!!

ON TO NY

My understanding of tendinitis is that you have been worked for too long a period of time (or with too much force) over a long period of time. Didn't LD say he would reduce Joe's minutes? I see he is averaging 36 minutes a game, up from 35 a game last year. The main difference is that Joe is older and we play more frequently. It is also just not a good idea to play a fatigued player so many minutes because 1) they become more fatigued and 2) it exposes them to a higher risk of injury while playing. Damn you LD.

My understanding of tendinitis is that you have been worked for too long a period of time (or with too much force) over a long period of time. Didn't LD say he would reduce Joe's minutes? I see he is averaging 36 minutes a game, up from 35 a game last year. The main difference is that Joe is older and we play more frequently. It is also just not a good idea to play a fatigued player so many minutes because 1) they become more fatigued and 2) it exposes them to a higher risk of injury while playing. Damn you LD.

Every NBA player has tendinitis, I remember Kenny Smith, Smitty, McHale and the whole NBA/TNT crew last season clowning John Wall about him sitting games because of it saying they'd have sat half their careers if that's all it took.

There is a difference between a rookie and a 10 or 11 yr vet sitting. Everybody knows JJ usually plays through injuries.

Every NBA player has tendinitis, I remember Kenny Smith, Smitty, McHale and the whole NBA/TNT crew last season clowning John Wall about him sitting games because of it saying they'd have sat half their careers if that's all it took.

I just said that a bunch of NBA vets mentioned that they played a majority of their careers with it and that they felt it was no reason to sit be you rook or vet. Simply put, it's not a big enough reason for his recent poor play even though so many are always searching for excuses for his slumps.

• Premium Member

Some of you guys are honestly pathetic. It was already known Joe had tendinitis in his knee and he finally admitted to it. Keep in mind this is the same guy that kept quiet on his elbow injury last year and his wrist injury during the lockout that bothered him at the beginning of the season. For him to actually admit BEFORE this game he was being bothered by tendinitis means it is much more serious than they are letting on. I can't believe some of you honestly thing the guy would make up an injury to get out of a game. Sad. He also BTW was on pace for 24 points against the Bulls and we really could have used that in the second half.

But hey let's not let facts get in the way of hating on an injured player.

• Like 2

Man you act like tendinitis is some type of weak injury. That's one of the most irritating and painful injuries a basketball player can have. Hell, I use to have it a lot when I played basketball. If he continues to play on it, he could face irritating it even more. That could lead to fluid buildup in the knee and even structural damage. Stop listening to those old idiots. Have you noticed how bad they walk nowadays and the constant crying about how bad there bodies hurt..? I applaud Joe for playing through injuries but if those knees go, his careers done. Kenny Smith and Steve Smith pretty much made wearing knee braces fashionable in the NBA. I'm done :)

Edited by willthepureshooter
  • Like 2

Man you act like tendinitis is some type of weak injury. That's one of the most irritating and painful injuries a basketball player can have. Hell, I use to have it a lot when I played basketball. If he continues to play on it, he could face irritating it even more. That could lead to fluid buildup in the knee and even structural damage. Stop listening to those old idiots. Have you noticed how bad they walk nowadays and the constant crying about how bad there bodies hurt..? I applaud Joe for playing through injuries but if those knees go, his careers done. Kenny Smith and Steve Smith pretty much made wearing knee braces fashionable in the NBA. I'm done :)

I was thinking the same thing as you and have had tendinitis in knees and elbows and it definitely influences what you can do. I don't blame any athlete for trying to save their body, especially considering all of the health problems we're seeing with retired athletes.

So how many games will Joe miss is the question. We need him since Al is hurt.

Some of you guys are honestly pathetic. It was already known Joe had tendinitis in his knee and he finally admitted to it. Keep in mind this is the same guy that kept quiet on his elbow injury last year and his wrist injury during the lockout that bothered him at the beginning of the season. For him to actually admit BEFORE this game he was being bothered by tendinitis means it is much more serious than they are letting on. I can't believe some of you honestly thing the guy would make up an injury to get out of a game. Sad. He also BTW was on pace for 24 points against the Bulls and we really could have used that in the second half.

But hey let's not let facts get in the way of hating on an injured player.

Joe had 12 points (and a -21) when he went out with 2:27 left in the 3rd quarter. How exactly is that on pace for 24 points? Do you ever not exaggerate?

On an unrelated note, isn't "exodus" on here "tontoz" on RealGM? If so I think he's a Wizards fan now. What's up with that?

He's a local homer. He lives in DC. Where ever he lives, he supports them.

He's a local homer. He lives in DC. Where ever he lives, he supports them.

I've never seen a passionate fan switch teams. I was a bit baffled. I could never do it. Especially if the new teams was the Wizards. Talk about being a glutton for punishment.

• Like 1

I've never seen a passionate fan switch teams. I was a bit baffled. I could never do it. Especially if the new teams was the Wizards. Talk about being a glutton for punishment.

Maybe he was just passionate about Atlanta teams only. Who knows? That was one poster I really didn't like.

Excusodus wasn't a passionate fan, he was just someone who loved to argue on message boards to be "right".

I was thinking the same thing as you and have had tendinitis in knees and elbows and it definitely influences what you can do. I don't blame any athlete for trying to save their body, especially considering all of the health problems we're seeing with retired athletes.

Does tendenitis lead to long term health issues? I have always been told the treatment is just rest, but that if you continue to play through then you can't make the tendenitis worse (since again the treatment is just rest).