• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else continue to be frustrated with our drafting?

AHF

• Moderators

We all know that this year's draft pick didn't even make the roster. I am seeing the Kings with the last pick in the draft taking Isaiah Thomas. He has 23 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds and 24 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds the last two games since he became a starter this week.

Why can't we ever find these guys? If I were an NBA owner, I would pay huge money to get an elite GM. You are better off not signing a $6M/year guy and having a front office like the Spurs.

Why pay scouts? - ESPN will tell you who has "potential".

Seriously though AHF - I have been so bummed since hoping we would take Milsap - even in the 2nd round. (who is now my 2nd best fantasy guy). What can you do when your team can't evaluate talent properly?

Edited by DJlaysitup

AHF, I too continue to be underwhelmed with our drafting. JC wasn't a bad pick (but traded). Another part of that is the selling of valuable high 2nd round picks (ownership?), but most is the inability to get value players at any point in the draft. Lately at least, it hasn't been about hits or misses but about not even taking a shot, leaving the shot overseas (Gladyr), or taking a shot and then trading him.

I'm not sure with our scouting and/or GM and ownership we aren't better served by this inane draft gimmickry.

About Thomas, I knew he was NBA worthy when he balled against UGA in the tourney.

W

Edited by Walter

Rick Sund is good, he just needs to swing that Jeremy Lin move next. Jeremy Lin shown him that combo guards who are TO prone can lead a team another level. That's all Sund and AS brass should see. They need that next level player without trading Smith, Horford, and Joe.

You have to figure its the scouting. How else do teams like the Spurs always get the right guys? Teague was a good pick for the draft spot we had (first one since Horford, who was really an easy one.) Josh was a good pick at 17 or so. You have to go back a long way before that to get another good pick. I will give Sund credit - he did find Ivan (though maybe it was just he was willing to take a chance on him.)

• Moderators

You have to figure its the scouting. How else do teams like the Spurs always get the right guys? Teague was a good pick for the draft spot we had (first one since Horford, who was really an easy one.) Josh was a good pick at 17 or so. You have to go back a long way before that to get another good pick. I will give Sund credit - he did find Ivan (though maybe it was just he was willing to take a chance on him.)

I would assess our picks under Sund and BK like this:

2011 - Keith Benson - Busted pick

2010 - He Who Shall Not Be Named - Good value

Sold Pick - Cheap ownership

Pape Sy - Busted pick

2009 - Jeff Teague - OK

Sergiy Gladyr - ?? Looks busted but we still have rights so still better than the Benson pick

2007 - Al Horford - Good value

Acie Law - Busted pick

2006 - Shelden Williams - Busted pick

Solomon Jones - OK

2005 - Marvin Williams - Busted pick

Salim Stoudemire - Busted pick

Cenk Ankyol - Busted pick

2004 - Josh Childress - Poor pick

Josh Smith - Great pick

Donta Smith - Busted pick

Royal Ivey - OK

Viktor Sanikidze - Busted pick

2003 - Boris Diaw - Good value (undermined by poor coaching)

Travis Hansen - Busted pick

2002 - David Anderson - OK

Lottery Picks:

20% Good value / 80% Poor or Bust

1st Round Picks:

44% Good Value / 44% Poor or Bust

2nd Round Picks:

0% Good Value / 27% OK Value / 73% Poor or Bust

Spurs

Good/Great value: 2002 John Salmons, Luis Scola; 2003 LeAndro Barbosa (traded); 2004 Beno Udrih; 2005 Ian Mahimni; 2007 Tiago Splitter; 2008 George Hill; Goran Dragic; 2009 DeJuan Blair

Highest Pick - #26 overall