• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin for Sessions

Swatguy

Typical ASG. This is a POS trade if there ever was one. Ramon Sessions is a scrub. I hate everything about this organization if this is true.

I heard a rumor that Atlanta was looking for PG's a couple weeks ago but I hoped that it wasn't for average players or scrubs. But I knew it was likely for average players and scrubs. Felton, Harris, and Sessions all popped up in my mind and it made me sick. I hate this organzation with a passion. A serious passion. I am on board fellas. Everyone from ASG to LD has to go. Ramon Sessons doesn't make this team better, he makes us worst. He's basically a younger Pargo. I really don't like Pargo but since he's a vet min, I could care less to be truthful. If you hate Hinrich or Teague, you will hate Sessions with a passion. We might as well bring back, Lue, Anthony Johnson, and Emmanuel Davis.

Typical ASG. This is a POS trade if there ever was one. Ramon Sessions is a scrub. I hate everything about this organization if this is true.

Not a scrub. Sessions at worst is a very capable backup point. The trade would get out of Marvin's contract and mediocre spirit. It also allows to move Kirk at the deadline for the good. Willie Green is better than Kirk.

• Like 2

The eternal pessimist.

What do you expect them to get for Marvin ?

Sessions only has 1 year left under contract and would give us PG depth to deal Hinrich's expiring contract for either another veteran or a draft pick.

This is a very smart deal in my opinion.

Not a scrub. Sessions at worst is a very capable backup point. The trade would get out of Marvin's contract and mediocre spirit. It also allows to move Kirk at the deadline for the good. Willie Green is better than Kirk.

Capable backup PG. So? Who gives a f**k? We need talent not more bench players. Marvin role playing at SF is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Backup PG. We were going to move Hinrich no matter what. This rumor is just stupid as f**k. It creates a major hole at SF and who on this team can guard the likes of Melo, James, and Durant to keep them at least respectable.

Willie Green is not better than Kirk. He's a better scorer than Kirk but that's as far as it goes. Since "he who's name shall not be mentioned" is a better scorer than Smoove, I guess Jordan is better than Smoove too right?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I heard a rumor that Atlanta was looking for PG's a couple weeks ago but I hoped that it wasn't for average players or scrubs. But I knew it was likely for average players and scrubs. Felton, Harris, and Sessions all popped up in my mind and it made me sick. I hate this organzation with a passion. A serious passion. I am on board fellas. Everyone from ASG to LD has to go. Ramon Sessons doesn't make this team better, he makes us worst. He's basically a younger Pargo. I really don't like Pargo but since he's a vet min, I could care less to be truthful. If you hate Hinrich or Teague, you will hate Sessions with a passion. We might as well bring back, Lue, Anthony Johnson, and Emmanuel Davis.

Even if Sessions is not desired he can be moved with Kirk to LA for a pick. LA needs help in the backcourt. But the important thing is getting better by ridding those contracts and getting another chance in the first round. This a loaded draft.

The eternal pessimist.

What do you expect them to get for Marvin ?

Sessions only has 1 year left under contract and would give us PG depth to deal Hinrich's expiring contract for either another veteran or a draft pick.

This is a very smart deal in my opinion.

If this happens, you will regret this trade more so than any other outside of Nique and Bill Russell and the other stars in two years. That's a bet.

You don't trade role players on reasonable deals for scrubs no matter what. This is what I come to expect from ASG over the years. This is the same franchise that traded Deke for Kukoc, Nique for Manning, and Smitty for J.R. Rider.

Even if Sessions is not desired he can be moved with Kirk to LA for a pick. LA needs help in the backcourt. But the important thing is getting better by ridding those contracts and getting another chance in the first round. This a loaded draft.

This draft is not even that great at the need positions for where we are slotted outside of SF.

Center is top heavy. You won't get a good one outside the lottery.

PG is a weak position in this draft. Marshall is the best one.

Capable backup PG. So? Who gives a f**k? We need talent not more bench players. Marvin role playing at SF is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Backup PG. We were going to move Hinrich no matter what. This rumor is just stupid as f**k. It creates a major hole at SF and who on this team can guard the likes of Melo, James, and Durant to keep them at least respectable.

Willie Green is not better than Kirk. He's a better scorer than Kirk but that's as far as it goes. Since "he who's name shall not be mentioned" is a better scorer than Smoove, I guess Jordan is better than Smoove too right?

You are dreaming if you think Marvin checking those three makes a difference. What do Kirk do better than Willie, foul? Willie has made a serious impact in several games. Kirk's impact is a rumor.

You are dreaming if you think Marvin checking those three makes a difference. What do Kirk do better than Willie, foul? Willie has made a serious impact in several games. Kirk's impact is a rumor.

You don't understand Basketball if you don't think Kirk makes a difference much less a greater one than Green. You are probably the type to focus on offense alone much less reading into what players do in a given possesion. It's much different than following the ball which most fans do.

Were does that leave us in the front court? Seems like we have lost a big which we need (forgetting for the moment its the Much Maligned Marvin) and get a guard, which we don't need. Looks like there has to be another trade somewhere.

We give Marvin's minutes to Ivan the terrible. At least he puts forth effort.

If this happens, you will regret this trade more so than any other outside of Nique and Bill Russell and the other stars in two years. That's a bet.

You don't trade role players on reasonable deals for scrubs no matter what. This is what I come to expect from ASG over the years. This is the same franchise that traded Deke for Kukoc, Nique for Manning, and Smitty for J.R. Rider.

This draft is not even that great at the need positions for where we are slotted outside of SF.

Pos of the day.........love your sarcasm.

Marvin on a reasonable deal and Sessions is scrub while Marvin is not a scrub............great stuff.

Edited by coachx

Well, if center is heavy perhaps one will drop to us. Ah correct we do not need a PG. Marvin sucks and all guys with weak game(big contract) and/or low intensity need to be moved. This includes Joe.

If you hate Marvin, at least say it to save my time. This is not about winning Basketball. This is all about getting rid of a player you dislike for ASG stupid a*s mistake years ago.

Well, if center is heavy perhaps one will drop to us. Ah correct we do not need a PG. Marvin sucks and all guys with weak game(big contract) and/or low intensity need to be moved. This includes Joe.

Leonard is not dropping.

Davis is #1.

Drummond is likely staying and even if he did leave, he would be a top 10 pick.

If you want a center. These are the guys with potential. You likely won't get any of them past 7.

If you hate Marvin, at least say it to save my time. This is not about winning Basketball. This is all about getting rid of a player you dislike for ASG stupid a*s mistake years ago.

Leonard is not dropping.

Davis is #1.

Drummond is likely staying and even if he did leave, he would be a top 10 pick.

If you want a center. These are the guys with potential. You likely won't get any of them past 7.

It's not about hate it is about good sense. To want Marvin on this team at 8 million a year makes no sense. This team is done as it is. We should not even consider bringing Al back this year. We cannot compete past the first round regardless. I say start shifting assets and gather resources for 2012-2013. If Dwight does not sign we will have a chance to get him. Amnest Joe (someone will pay him atleast 10mil) and pay the balence. Go into the tax and sellout Philips every game. D12,Al,Josh,Draft,Teague with Green,Mac,Zaza,9-5,Session/Rad off the bench is as competitive as any.

Atlanta is not getting Dwight. Our only chance at a superstar is by luck. Even the draft is too hard of a gamble. We are at mediocrity. Sam Mitchell said it best, it's the worst place you want to be as a sport fan. I seen this four years ago. I thought Atlanta would add more talent but they never did after Horford.

1st off... overreact much?! Sheesh it's not like we're looking to move a superstar here, it's Marvin underperforming and getting worse Williams. We'd miss his defense and 3pt shooting ability but it's time for him to move on and a shakeup of the team is desperately needed.

2nd, did y'all miss this part?

One rumor making its rounds is the Cavs sending guard Ramon Sessions to Atlanta for small forward Marvin Williams. That doesn’t work under the salary cap, as Williams is making $7.5 million, compared to Sessions’ $4.3 million.

3rd... I am skeptical on this because of this part that is incorrect based on what Marvin told us:

Don’t totally discount it, however, because Williams has announced he wants to be traded, and Cavs GM Chris Grant was the one who drafted him in Atlanta.

Finally... Sessions is a decent player and would at least replace the production that Marvin gives us and it gives us a little more long term flexibility and the opportunity to move Hinrich now to LA for a pick.

Do I believe this rumor as it stands? I don't know. I do know that the Cavs have wanted Marvin for a while now and the foundation of this makes sense but there would have to be more involved to make the deal work under the CBA.

Update: Actually the writer is incorrect as the deal DOES work because the Cavs are 6.8 million under the cap. That makes me really think this writer didn't do much investigating, if any, about this "rumor". It does make the rumor make a lot more sense as I believe cutting 3 million off the cap would get us under the luxury tax without having to move Hinrich, although we'd really be dumb to not try and get some frontcourt help by trading him. The good thing if this deal did happen is that we could move Hinrich to anyone now and be able to actually get a player back and still be under the luxury tax, whereas before it seemed that moving Hinrich to a team under the cap or to a team with a TPE like the Lakers would be the only real option to get us under the tax line.

Update: Actually the writer is incorrect as the deal DOES work because the Cavs are 6.8 million under the cap. That makes me really think this writer didn't do much investigating, if any, about this "rumor".

Oh poor poor Dolfan, how foolish. This guy has a job publishing things with a paper. Clearly he knows what he is talking about. Let's accept this as truth and what you say as rubbish. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.