• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin for Sessions

Swatguy

Marvin overall numbers and production possession to possession tells me he's a good player. Misused when I watch the games. I personally don't think he's misused, just has the wrong supporting cast like 90% of the team as it is. The only one who fits is Josh Smith and he's a never fit player so that answer that question. Marvin is also just a much better player. He's a very good man defender. Solid team defender. Always moving on offense. Has great tools. Has High BBIQ. Is a team player. He's nothing special without question but in the right system he's a 15ppg 20 PER and top win shares player. Marvin with a lot of PT equals wins by adv statistics. If you are willing to give that up for a scrub and Atlanta does too, I will gladly up this thread in a couple of months. I will bash the h*ll out of this franchise to the point where you think AHF is light on ASG.

Cleveland actually has a real PG in Kyrie Irving. They actually have pieces that fit. It should be fun watching Marvin make all you who wanted a trash trade like this eat crow. I know for a fact Sessions will prove me right. I seen him enough to know he's a bonafide scrub, I don't give a darn if his stats say otherwise. His game is like Anthony Johnson and the rest of those crappy journeyman PG's we always have.

We aren't going to draft anyone special. Probably another 3 year project who might be a role player come year 3.

Picks have value...even pick 20. Two number 17-20 picks and and a 26 year old starting forward for a rent a player at pg who will not get you a championship without a legit center or quality spot up shooters.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member

I like the length Sessions adds at PG but this move has me scratching my head a little. I don't see how Session is any better than Teague. My only thought is that the Hawks are preparing for a larger deal involving Teague, or even Hinrich, and they need some depth.

Overall I think the Marvin for Sessions is a relatively fair trade. It also has me wondering if the Hawks will move Smoove to SF.

At this point, I think Sessions is more consistent than Teague and is flat out better than Hinrich.

I believe if this deal goes down, it puts us in position to deal with LAL for their TPE (Hinrich) or to go after a bigger prize. The main thing, however, is cap relief. It gets Marvin's deal off the books. We have Mean Willie Green who looks ready to add more good play and we can roll Joe to the 3.

One other thing that came to mind is what if it's Horf/Teague for Howard.

Howard is going to be moved. Horf/Teague are two value players with future potential. Horf being out guarantees Orlando with a lottery shot. They would be scary if they firesold all their guys and then were able to get a lottery pick with Horf and Teague coming in!

So what if this is setting up: Howard/Smoove/Joe/Green/Sesssions?

• Moderators

Horf being out guarantees Orlando with a lottery shot. They would be scary if they firesold all their guys and then were able to get a lottery pick with Horf and Teague coming in!

If they were going to go this route, they would have been better off going there early. If you are going that route, I agree that Horford's injury actually is a good thing - you get his value while still getting the upside of full blown tanking.

Their record is too good at this point to make that as attractive a strategy.

Not a scrub. Sessions at worst is a very capable backup point. The trade would get out of Marvin's contract and mediocre spirit. It also allows to move Kirk at the deadline for the good. Willie Green is better than Kirk.

This is an important post.

While I disagree about the last sentence ("Willie better than Kirk"..different skill sets..a wash IMO)...your logic is pure. Getting a decent quality - active - PG for Marvin would be a great tactical move. Most importantly it would free us up to actually use our best trading asset at this time...Kirk and his expiring....without having to backfill.

Get quality for Kirk and end the Marvin chapter of this worn out book - it would probably be better for Marvin as well.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

If they were going to go this route, they would have been better off going there early. If you are going that route, I agree that Horford's injury actually is a good thing - you get his value while still getting the upside of full blown tanking.

Their record is too good at this point to make that as attractive a strategy.

I wouldn't say that. They have what? 19 wins? San Antonio had much better when they tanked their way to a Tim Duncan. They will have the luck of the draw in a big man infested draft. I guess, we could throw in our first also.

At this point, I think Sessions is more consistent than Teague and is flat out better than Hinrich.

I believe if this deal goes down, it puts us in position to deal with LAL for their TPE (Hinrich) or to go after a bigger prize. The main thing, however, is cap relief. It gets Marvin's deal off the books. We have Mean Willie Green who looks ready to add more good play and we can roll Joe to the 3.

One other thing that came to mind is what if it's Horf/Teague for Howard.

Howard is going to be moved. Horf/Teague are two value players with future potential. Horf being out guarantees Orlando with a lottery shot. They would be scary if they firesold all their guys and then were able to get a lottery pick with Horf and Teague coming in!

So what if this is setting up: Howard/Smoove/Joe/Green/Sesssions?

For Gosh sakes D...you start off saying smart stuff...then get silly.

Horf/Teague for D12? Veritable insanity.

D12 is going to NJN for a player or two plus their good draft pick(s). They are tanking and Deron isn't b*tching cause he is in on the deal. The Russian billionaire has probably set up a "keep yer mouth shut" account for him in Switzerland.

EVEN THINKING that you could get D12 for a newbie (but improving) PG and an undersized center puts me in a state of flabbergast.

Yes - I said it - I am flabbergasted...

Edited by DJlaysitup

D12 is going to NJN for a player or two plus their good draft pick(s). They are tanking and Deron isn't b*tching cause he is in on the deal. The Russian billionaire has probably set up a "keep yer mouth shut" account for him in Switzerland.

EVEN THINKING that you could get D12 for a newbie (but improving) PG and an undersized center puts me in a state of flabbergast.

My folks at latest say it will be NJ, LA or Chicago. The caution is, big fella is still uncertain.

• Premium Member

The big fella has his decision and Orlando has theirs. Orlando is not loyal to D-12. They are loyal to Orlando.

If we offered Horf for the rental of D-12 and there was no Bynum or Several picks from NJ coming, they would likely go with talent for talent.

IF D-12 were willing to resign with us, then I would throw Teague and the first in to sweeten the pot. But understand, I would readily go with Horf for the rental if it were offered.

Be Flabberghasted.

• Moderators

I wouldn't say that. They have what? 19 wins? San Antonio had much better when they tanked their way to a Tim Duncan. They will have the luck of the draw in a big man infested draft. I guess, we could throw in our first also.

With less than half a season remaining, Orlando has 22 wins in 35 games, a 62.7% winning percentage. The year San Antonio tanked, they won 20 out of 82 games, a 24.4% winning percentage.

Currently, 25 teams have fewer wins than Orlando. If the bottomfeeders continued winning at their current rate (a doubtful occurrence since some haven't begun tanking in earnest), to make it into the top 8 Orlando literally could not win a single game for the rest of the year. The current 8th worst team is Sacramento and they are on pace to win 22 games - the same number Orlando has already won.

Again, if they were going to tank they needed to do it earlier.

The big fella has his decision and Orlando has theirs. Orlando is not loyal to D-12. They are loyal to Orlando.

If we offered Horf for the rental of D-12 and there was no Bynum or Several picks from NJ coming, they would likely go with talent for talent.

IF D-12 were willing to resign with us, then I would throw Teague and the first in to sweeten the pot. But understand, I would readily go with Horf for the rental if it were offered.

Be Flabberghasted.

At this point I'd sit on trading for Dwight. I'd move assets and go after him off-season. He will be dealt but may not sign. In the off-season I amnest Joe and dump the else. Making the Marvin deal nets 4mil., dumping Joe is 20. With a cap number of 44 mil. persue D12 and keep Al, Josh, Teague while having Willie, Zaza, Mac, Rad, 9-5, and sessions. We then can win the championship.

e

• Premium Member

At this point I'd sit on trading for Dwight. I'd move assets and go after him off-season. He will be dealt but may not sign. In the off-season I amnest Joe and dump the else. Making the Marvin deal nets 4mil., dumping Joe is 20. With a cap number of 44 mil. persue D12 and keep Al, Josh, Teague while having Willie, Zaza, Mac, Rad, 9-5, and sessions. We then can win the championship.

e

I don't think we can dump everything and still be attractive to Dwight.

It would be better to try to trade for a resigned Dwight

or

Go for a championship with an unresigned Dwight and hope that Hometown love makes him want to resign.

I don't think we can dump everything and still be attractive to Dwight.

It would be better to try to trade for a resigned Dwight

or

Go for a championship with an unresigned Dwight and hope that Hometown love makes him want to resign.

It's not a dump everything. It is a dump Marvin, Hinrich and Joe. Those three and adding Sessions means 24 mil off the cap. Someone will pay Joe minimum 10 mil. The gate at Philips will be enough to cover the balence of amnested Joe.

If we don't resign Sessions this is a pure salary dump for the ASG. Marvins contract is bad for what he brings, but a fresh start in Minny with a pass first PG like Rubio could be what the doctor ordered.